Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Senior flex hybrid shaft

Hi everyone I have a question for the guy that runs my golf league I am not sure if this is a good option for him but it is worth a shot

He is an older guy and last year he got fit into a set of Callaway rouge irons with 3 and 4 hybrids. He told me that he never was fond of hybrids and he doesn't hit them well he feels that the stock shafts he has in there are still too stiff for him 

So my question is what are some good aftermarket hybrid shaft options for a senior with a slow and steady swing that wants some added distance in a lighter less stiff shaft

Hi everyone I have a question for the guy that runs my golf league I am not sure if this is a good option for him but it is worth a shot

He is an older guy and last year he got fit into a set of Callaway rouge irons with 3 and 4 hybrids. He told me that he never was fond of hybrids and he doesn't hit them well he feels that the stock shafts he has in there are still too stiff for him 

So my question is what are some good aftermarket hybrid shaft options for a senior with a slow and steady swing that wants some added distance in a lighter less stiff shaft

I would urge him to see a fitter. In the end it'll cost him less than experimenting with different shafts and clubs (don't ask me how I know).

I have a relatively slow swing speed even for a Senior. I typically top my driver out in the low 80's. According to various club manufacturers I should be in a Senior Flex and that's what I originally got in both my Epic GBB and most recently in my Ping 410 driver. However, during my fitting he ended up swapping the SR out for a Regular Flex in the Driver, and similar recommendations in 5&9 Woods and Hybrids. For me there was a clear difference in distance and dispersion with his final recommendations (based on Trackman data). As additional info the Driver has a light weight (65g) shaft cut down 1/2". The 5 Wood has Cobra's Super Lite (55g) shaft, etc. etc. I would have never picked these shafts online or in a big box store. And except for the deeply discounted Fitters charge the clubs cost no more than at a big box store.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart