Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Shaft Q&A with Fujikura - We're here to answer your questions!

Checking out shaft U right now. 

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 Fujikura Ventus TR Black 5x

:titelist-small: TSR2+ 14.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6s

:titelist-small: TSR2 18 degree Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6s

:titelist-small: T200 Utility Build 4iron Graphite Design Tour AD DI

:titelist-small: T100s 5-P Dynamic Gold TI X100 

:vokey-small: SM 9 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Super Select Golo 6

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Why can't there be a universal flex rating by all manufacturers so that a A-L-M-S-XS be the same with all? I'm sure some of it has to do with marketing, but to the consumer it would be of benefit and to the manufacturer. I might like a TT but willing to try a Fuji if the specs were closely identical. 

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Ping Tour 65

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

Scotty Cameron Custom welded LN 

Grips- GP MCC+4

I feel all shaft manufacturers should publish the frequency numbers (4) on all shafts so you could compare one OEM's shaft to another USING DATA. (as we are learning with the virus, the only way to make decisions is by using data- the rest is marketing BS).  Then, when you do a fitting, the fitter should tell you / recommend to you what shaft frequencies would work best for you , they you would know USING DATA your best fit.

What are your thoughts on shaft PUREing? Is it really a beneficial service to perform on shafts, or are manufacturing tolerances tight enough now that it won’t make a large difference for most golfers?

THANK YOU for offering to answer our questions!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

... Can you explain how you keep spin low with mid and high launching shafts like the Atmos TS Blue? 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Hello! 

Thanks for taking the time to reply to questions!

I was just fit into Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6X for my Driver and the 8X for my fairway woods. I was curious what the difference between Pro 2.0 Tour Spec and Ventus Black would be?

What does the EI curve look like for both? I really enjoy the stable feeling of Pro 2.0 TS, but I’ve also heard great things about Ventus Black!

Thanks!

Hey guys! Thanks for taking the time to do this! I currently play the stock shaft you guys made for Mizuno in their 2018 CLK hybrid. Which current shaft is the most comparable to that one if I want similar performance in my driver and 3 wood?

Edited by Josh Ross
Left out details

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

This is a great opportunity, thanks for jumping in.

I asked this on your SM channel last week, but due to some personal events going on, I haven't been on much to see if you answered it.   If so I apologize for the duplication.

Torque!  There's a lot about it I don't understand.  I'll hit he bullet points below for any info you can provide.

• Is it more important in irons or the drive or equally important
  • How big of playing difference is there in the rating  say 3.5 vs 4.0
  • I've always been led to believe the higher the torque rating the more forgiving/stable the shaft? 

Thanks

CG2

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

If a solid ball striker wanted to hit a higher/lower trajectory, would the shaft or ball (or combo) be the first thing to try?  Said another way, would shaft or ball make a more noticeable difference in trajectory?  I realize this is a loaded question asking a shaft company but asking anyway. Thanks. 

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 Fujikura Ventus TR Black 5x

:titelist-small: TSR2+ 14.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6s

:titelist-small: TSR2 18 degree Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6s

:titelist-small: T200 Utility Build 4iron Graphite Design Tour AD DI

:titelist-small: T100s 5-P Dynamic Gold TI X100 

:vokey-small: SM 9 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Super Select Golo 6

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Havin some trouble understanding the difference between the Ventus and Motore X. Can you explain? 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Aloha, mahalo for this opportunity. I have always been curious about getting a second opinion on how we get fit for the right shaft. I was fitted by a golf shop here in oahu about 4 years ago and it was based on swingspeed and certain numbers using trackman. Based on the results, i was fitted for extra stiff shafts in all of my clubs. The initial conclusions i had was that this was the right way to get fitted. But now I'm seeing from other places that there are different ways to get fitted now. Being that its been a few years, would it make sense to get reevaluated? 

WIMB:

TM M1 driver/ Graphite Design Tour AD MT7X

TM M2 3wood/ Graphite Design Tour AD EV7X

TM M2 3hybrid/ Tour AD DI8X hybrid shaft

TM UDI 3iron/ Nippon Modus Tour 120X

TM P790 irons 4-AW/ Nippon Modus Tour 120X

COBRA PUR RAW 54,58/ Nippon Modus Tour 120X

SCOTTY CAMERON Select fastback mid-mallet putter 33in

I'd like to see manufacturers FLO/ Pure their shafts before sending out (Or better yet, before putting on the decals so label goes up) as part of their quality control process.

Any chance of this becoming a standard part of the manufacturing process?

:cobra-small: LTDx LS 9*D,  HZRDUS Green HC 60g 6.0, 45" 4g + 12g weight 
:cobra-small: King LTD @ 14.5* HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 42.5"
:cobra-small: King LTD  @ 17.5*, HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 4
0.5"/ :cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 2 @ 17*, Ventus Black 10x, 39.25"

:cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 4 OL @ 20* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
wishon.png.f487cdf69e368c89461d72fa6fc7bbe4.pngEQ1-NX OL 5i-PW Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36
"

Cobra SBOL 48*, 52*, 56* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
OIP.jpg.04da427c8e36dc0d247492fdfa8569f6.jpgC-Series DW Armlock

Vice Pro Plus

Several years ago Fujikura made proprietary "Cleveland Launcher Gold" shafts for the Cleveland Launcher line for the drivers and fairway woods. I've been playing these shafts in stiff flex and I'd love to continue using Fujikura shafts of similar characteristics in some new clubs. Can you tell me what are the shafts of today's manufacture that's very similar or of better qualitY?

I'm curious about graphite iron shafts for players with tour level speeds. Obviously getting fit is the best way to find out what works for any individual, but I'm curious, what would the upsides be outside of maybe weight to stiffness?

Thank you for being available.  For your golf shafts, do you have the ability to measure accurately the features you sell?   For instance, when you sell a certain shaft with a 60 flex, how do you predictably know that it is that vs. a 50 or 70?   I'd be interested to understand the quality levels of those various quality characteristics.  

I have a flat swing plane, probably at least partially due to my slight build at 5'4", but drivers are more upright now than ever before. I tend to hit towering blocked fades that can turn quickly into snap hooks when I get after it. I did have the pleasure of testing the new Ventus Blue and Black and loved them.

- Is there a shaft design that has an increased stability and loading for someone who tends to swing flat and from the inside, and is torque a major factor to consider?

- When you are in between recommended flexes, say with a 105mph driver clubhead speed like myself, how would you make a decision based on typical miss pattern? Assuming you can't make it to a fitter for a couple hours to give a fair evaluation.

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

I recently bought a Cobra F9 with a TS black 7x (which I love). This came as an aftermarket shaft option with no upcharge. What is the difference in materials of the “stock” aftermarket shafts that some companies offer versus buying the true aftermarket shaft separate from the club purchase?

:cobra-small: F9, 10.5* set to 9*, :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Black 7x

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner TP 5w, Matrix Ozik X4 White Tie 6s

:taylormade-small: M3 4Hy set to 19.5*, Tensei CK 80HY S Flex

:callaway-small: Apex CF 19 5-AW, :kbs: C-Taper 130x

:cleveland-small: 588 56*, :truetemper: S400

:cleveland-small: RTX4 60* Low/6*, :truetemper: S400

:tour-edge: HP Series 09, 35"

:vice: Pro Plus

1.)

I had an AD-DI 85X in my Callaway X2 Hot Pro 20* hybrid, and loved it. I sold the shaft, but now want a replacement. I have a 115 mph driver swing speed, and want a similar profile shaft to put back into the hybrid.

Suggestions? I’d rather a mid-to-high ball flight for max carry.

2.)

How do I buy a Fujikura hat? I play a Ventus Black 7X in my Honma driver, so I’d love to sport a Fuji hat as well!!!

As far as keeping my game in shape, I’ve been hitting at the range (when open), into my net on the back patio, using PuttOUT on the carpet in my bedroom, and using an impact bag. I’ve been submitting video to my coach as well.

Thanks!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Your Ventus shaft lineup has been widely regarded as an incredible product. I was just wondering if you could confirm that it is the VeloCore which gives the shaft such a stable torque rating, right? That torque rating should reduce twist on off-center strikes and help to eliminate gear effect, correct? If those assumptions are correct, a Ventus shaft in a high MOI head would make for possibly the most forgiving driver possible.

I'm a club maker. Fujikura is a premier golf shaft manufacturer. I just removed two of your Callaway Green shafts from a 2017 Epic driver adapter and a 2017 3 wood adapter. Both of the shaft tips unraveled at the end. I've been making clubs for 30 years and have never seen such poor quality. Was 2017 just a bad year or have I missed something? And no, I didn't overheat the shafts. Thanks for any comments you may offer.

3 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Hey MGS Community - How's everyone doing?

We at Fujikura are using this time to do our part to turn our attention to education and having a conversation with golfers. We want to get back on the course soon just like you, but in the interim we hope we are able to chat with you and answer some questions. 

We have looped in our sales team, product experts and Tour fitters to participate in the Q&A and help answer your questions. Please feel free to use this as an opportunity to ask us anything, it does not have to be just about shaft specs. Also, please let us know how you’re doing during this tough time – how are you trying to keep your game in shape? or what golf content are you watching on YouTube? Things like that.

Also, if you’re looking for some reading material about Fuji and how we design and make shafts, check out ShaftU which is educational content in collaboration with MyGolfSpy: https://fujikuragolf.com/education#shaft-university maybe some of this will inspire questions that we can address here!

Thanks for chatting with us and we hope to hear from you. Also please follow us on Instagram and twitter and you can engage with us there also.

Sincerely,

The Fuji team in Carlsbad, CA

AUA banner-01.png

How big of a difference is Stiff compared to X stiff driver shafts really have? 

I have a slower swing speed about 90mph with driver.  Let's assume that I have a driver head that is 12º and a stock regular flex shaft.   Yes, I know that all brands are different, but for the sake of this discussion, let's just go with an average response across all brands.  My question is:  How much change and what would the impact be if the same head in 10.5º was used with a higher launch shaft?  In other words will a higher launching shaft in a lower lofted driver produce more spin, less spin, or about the same, and would it result in more carry distance than a stock higher lofted head?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Have you done testing on whether spine aligning or shaft puring really makes any difference?

Also, how big of a change do you see in frequency when you tip a shaft 1/2”, 1”, etc? Thanks for taking time to answer our questions!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

6 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Hey MGS Community - How's everyone doing?

We at Fujikura are using this time to do our part to turn our attention to education and having a conversation with golfers. We want to get back on the course soon just like you, but in the interim we hope we are able to chat with you and answer some questions. 

We have looped in our sales team, product experts and Tour fitters to participate in the Q&A and help answer your questions. Please feel free to use this as an opportunity to ask us anything, it does not have to be just about shaft specs. Also, please let us know how you’re doing during this tough time – how are you trying to keep your game in shape? or what golf content are you watching on YouTube? Things like that.

Also, if you’re looking for some reading material about Fuji and how we design and make shafts, check out ShaftU which is educational content in collaboration with MyGolfSpy: https://fujikuragolf.com/education#shaft-university maybe some of this will inspire questions that we can address here!

Thanks for chatting with us and we hope to hear from you. Also please follow us on Instagram and twitter and you can engage with us there also.

Sincerely,

The Fuji team in Carlsbad, CA

AUA banner-01.png

So, where are the answers?

Hello, I have a Ventus Blue 7 in my Ping G410 Plus Driver. I also play a Ping G410 5 wood lofted down to 16.5 degrees. I want to pair a Ventus Blue with my fairway. But saw that a Ventus Red 90 gram shaft is available! I do want a high ball flight, and just wonder how much higher would the red be compared to the blue? Also would the spin be alot higher in red?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, TENBUCK said:

Why can't there be a universal flex rating by all manufacturers so that a A-L-M-S-XS be the same with all? I'm sure some of it has to do with marketing, but to the consumer it would be of benefit and to the manufacturer. I might like a TT but willing to try a Fuji if the specs were closely identical. 

One of the few Brands that give you EI profiles and their values... this is one of the most accurate ways to show a shaft stiffness. EI profiles or frequencies should be the standard, not LARSX.