GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

11 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Bingo. Which I discovered it earlier 🤦‍♂️

*didnt mean to quote delete delete

• Haha 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

3 hours ago, Headhammer said:

Okay Forum Members, Cobra Connect Challengers & Moderators I need a ruling here in order to complete today's round. I was first off the tee this morning at my course, when I got to hole #1 there was no flag so I hit to the center of the green and of course the whole was cut on the far left. No biggie! Hole #2 was 187 yds straight up hill to a blind green, again no pin. However, when I got the green there was no hole cut yet! So, how should I score this hole? Pretty sure people would object to me leaving it as an Ace in Arccos?🤣IMG_7145.JPG.d56b8387eebc52dca25a0b06425edd62.JPG

I’d say record your most likely # of putts. So probably two putts and move on. 

great shot BTW!

• Like 5

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

17 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Alright @daviddvm you got me! 

Bow Down Adam Levine GIF by The Voice - Find & Share on GIPHY

It was definitely a mistake playing a new course for this challenge.  I was struggling on the greens.  The ball went where I wanted it to go, but my reads were just off.  I'm also going to never take my SW and LW  for granted as I short sided myself multiple times leaving me to basically flop a PW.  Luckily, no sand!!!  My overall strategy was to take whatever I could off the tee to have a full 9i or PW into the green (130-145 yards).  There were a few times I got in trouble and had to finesse a PW from 100 yards.  Overall, the weather was perfect and this was a great challenge!!!  I shot 86 being a 14 handicap. Course rating/slope = 67.9/120

538944160_20200807_153112(2).jpg.d8c91d691cb9d0fc1f1bab90d5b4775d.jpg

2102703015_20200807_105551(2).jpg.a8907ec1eb5f3b1f1c49f6a706188971.jpg

20200807_153207.jpg.815f1d7da7bc29da0cf963223a2f5cf3.jpg

20200807_153220.jpg.0b29ffcd9eb3787e255ea0cb0035062d.jpg

Looks like you shot a pretty nice round! I learned a lot from an irons only round...I will do it more often.

I did not include the slope on my post ( but I did go back and edit it in)  Bay Forest white tees 6274 yards slope/course 71.0/130.

• Like 9

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

23 hours ago, daviddvm said:

6274 yards on the white tees.

Congrats on the nice round! Tomorrow we are playing the University of Illinois course (Orange). Arccos has it 6600 for the most forward men's tees. Ugh. May be a long day for me. Might try to wait until Sunday for a bit shorter course.

• Like 9

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

17 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Congrats on the nice round! Tomorrow we are playing the University of Illinois course (Orange). Arccos has it 6600 for the most forward men's tees. Ugh. May be a long day for me. Might try to wait until Sunday for a bit shorter course.

Good luck! 

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

5 hours ago, Headhammer said:

! Hole #2 was 187 yds straight up hill to a blind green, again no pin. However, when I got the green there was no hole cut yet!

How can there be no hole from the day before?  I’ve never seen that. I’ve seen flags missing or down. Uncut greens. But never no hole...

But what do they do at that course - fill the holes from a sod farm at night and recut them in the morning?  Must be a pretty fancy club...

• Like 3
  • Off Topic 1

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Alright so unless missed something (totally possible) I’ve only seen @Nunfa0 and his net 72 posted. 
What say you @xOldBenKenobiX (if you’re seriously challenging all of #CCC4)@yungkory and @mikeanthony?  You boys all playing this weekend?

the Target is set. Net 69. Bring your A game!

498C7236-8814-4225-B6A5-E9641BCFEF42.gif.f34c5e91ee11ed9e93c079092787202b.gif

#cuetheduckboats

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Alright so unless missed something (totally possible) I’ve only seen @Nunfa0 and his net 72 posted. 
What say you @xOldBenKenobiX (if you’re seriously challenging all of #CCC4)@yungkory and @mikeanthony?  You boys all playing this weekend?

the Target is set. Net 69. Bring your A game!

498C7236-8814-4225-B6A5-E9641BCFEF42.gif.f34c5e91ee11ed9e93c079092787202b.gif

#cuetheduckboats

Playing Sunday brother

Also pre round arccos Handicap. Screenshot_20200807-213022.jpg.ef834b2ea94c84b4f909dc583c8e3d47.jpg

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Driver :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

Still TBD, Mayor is shutting stuff down effective midnight tonight. Golf courses are safe but are being told they have to "roll back" to the first stages of reopening. Meaning longer gaps between tee times and single-rider carts again, not sure if I'm going to be able to get a tee time 😞

Know what’s crazy is that Hawaii was deemed a safe state by Massachusetts No travel restrictions. Any reason why they’re going backwards? In any case I hope you can get a tee time in!

• Like 4

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Know what’s crazy is that Hawaii was deemed a safe state by Massachusetts No travel restrictions. Any reason why they’re going backwards? In any case I hope you can get a tee time in!

No kidding.  Is this crap ever going to have an end?

Dont want to get off in the weeds, but I am curious about why going backwards myself.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Still TBD, Mayor is shutting stuff down effective midnight tonight. Golf courses are safe but are being told they have to "roll back" to the first stages of reopening. Meaning longer gaps between tee times and single-rider carts again, not sure if I'm going to be able to get a tee time 😞

Damn! That blows. It’s sad that we’re seeing so many states needing to roll-back and lock things down again.  I hope you’re able to get a round in, but I won’t hassle you too much if you are unable to...

...I’d be scared to go against me too. 😉

All joking aside  Stay safe out there guys. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

#cuetheduckboats

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

No kidding.  Is this crap ever going to have an end?

Dont want to get off in the weeds, but I am curious about why going backwards myself.

Our ERs are getting full. We went from <10 new cases a day last month before we started reopening, to today where we had 200. People are just wrapped up in their liberties and conspiracy theories and won't wear a damn mask. Honestly I don't know who they think is benefiting from 30+% unemployment, but it seems like common sense is lost in the current times.

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Damn! That blows. It’s sad that we’re seeing so many states needing to roll-back and lock things down again.  I hope you’re able to get a round in, but I won’t hassle you too much if you are unable to...

...I’d be scared to go against me too. 😉

All joking aside  Stay safe out there guys. 

I probably would've saved 3 strokes if I left driver in the bag yesterday, but didn't hear if 9-hole rounds would count so I didn't bother. Hopefully there will be another CCC4 vs the forum challenge so you can catch this beating!

• Like 5

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

13 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Our ERs are getting full. We went from <10 new cases a day last month before we started reopening, to today where we had 200. People are just wrapped up in their liberties and conspiracy theories and won't wear a damn mask. Honestly I don't know who they think is benefiting from 30+% unemployment, but it seems like common sense is lost in the current times.

I probably would've saved 3 strokes if I left driver in the bag yesterday, but didn't hear if 9-hole rounds would count so I didn't bother. Hopefully there will be another CCC4 vs the forum challenge so you can catch this beating!

Wow, that sounds bad. My mom works in an ICU and she said it was pretty scary here in MA when the surge was happening and then it was looking really good. But it seems like things are ticking up here as well. 

in the event that COVID prevents us from our competition I’m sure we can set up something for a later date! Even if it’s a side bet. 

• Like 4

#cuetheduckboats

12 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Have really enjoyed reading your reviews my friend another great one. It has to be the style of iron because my 790s do the same thing divot wise....they just are not there and I typically would take scalps. Those things are beautiful though for sure, best of both worlds.

Interesting on the P790s... I never would’ve expected that to be a trait of this iron style. Oh well, as long as the results are there, I won’t worry about it. 

11 hours ago, edingc said:

Nice shooting! Amazing how we all can still score OK without so many clubs.

It’s certainly a lesson on the importance of  course management. I’ll definitely be taking driver on less holes. 

• Like 3

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

If @yungkory can’t make it out I’ll step in and get a round in tomorrow or Sunday. Don’t want @B.Boston to walk away unscathed! What would be the fun in that!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

2 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

If @yungkory can’t make it out I’ll step in and get a round in tomorrow or Sunday. Don’t want @B.Boston to walk away unscathed! What would be the fun in that!

Usain Bolt Says Goodbye To London Olympics, In GIFs - SBNation.com

• Like 5

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

5 hours ago, GB13 said:

Interesting on the P790s... I never would’ve expected that to be a trait of this iron style.

Do the clubs seem to have a wider sole?

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

5 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

893F05DD-DEFC-4976-A6C1-A87836E7D05B.gif.25055d14fb4317d991646a6b17c5e1ea.gif

That’s the spirit!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

#cuetheduckboats