Graphite putter shaft ?

Anyone use a graphite putter shaft or had any experience with one ? Thinking about switching out of the steal shaft

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

I haven’t but Rickie and Bryson using graphite

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

7 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I haven’t but Rickie and Bryson using graphite

I was checking out the stability putter shaft but not really wanting to drop $250.. but I did hear yesterday Rickie was using a graphite putter shaft 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

I have an old cheap putter that was fit with some sort of graphite shaft. I liked the way it felt, but the head weight was too light making long putts difficult - there just never seemed to be enough mass behind the ball to get it to the hole. In the past I've contemplated adding some lead tape to the head and going back to that putter, but my current gamer feels and performs perfectly. No need to change.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I have a Matrix Program 130 (8.0) in a couple plumber-neck blades and I’m a fan.

Different variations of the Matrix Ozik line is the white shaft you’re seeing a handful of tour guys bagging. L.A.B. Golf is another one that some professionals have swapped out the steel for.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

17 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I have an old cheap putter that was fit with some sort of graphite shaft. I liked the way it felt, but the head weight was too light making long putts difficult - there just never seemed to be enough mass behind the ball to get it to the hole. In the past I've contemplated adding some lead tape to the head and going back to that putter, but my current gamer feels and performs perfectly. No need to change.

I actually feel like my putter is to heavy and I can’t gauge long putts too well so I was thinking of a lighter shaft might help that problem 

7 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

I have a Matrix Program 130 (8.0) in a couple plumber-neck blades and I’m a fan.

Different variations of the Matrix Ozik line is the white shaft you’re seeing a handful of tour guys bagging. L.A.B. Golf is another one that some professionals have swapped out the steel for.

Yeah I saw some of those L.A.B. ones I might try some out but some of the shafts are really expensive 

23 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

I actually feel like my putter is to heavy and I can’t gauge long putts too well so I was thinking of a lighter shaft might help that problem 

Do you overshoot or undershoot lag putts? A lighter shaft may not really help a ton with your particular issue (since you aren't changing the mass directly behind the ball), but it could drastically change the way your putter feels. I'm not a club builder by any means, but I would play around with head weight - it would be the easiest thing to experiment by using lead tape and/or removing the weights from the sole of your putter. Just a wild guess on my part, but that's what I'd do just to play around with it before swapping out the shaft.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I have used them may times in the past. Primary reasons were for weight/feel distribution and playing around with putter heads (older-non insert) to see how much what I felt (feeling in hands) changed from those putter heads (brass/steel/aluminum/copper) vs having a steel shaft.

Always had to accept head heavy feel with older lighter graphite  putter shafts ,(exception newer Matrix 130 which felt weight wise as good as comparable steel shaft).

I quit using or attempting to use graphite shafts in putters once Odyssey insert putters got so popular in 90's with softer inserts and the ball covers went from balata to surylyn, urethane, etc the  face inserts sort of took over when I was going after a certain "feel". 

I would suggest make sure you get the right weight distribution if you go the graphite route, again Matrix 130 is safe investment IMO as the weights are comparable to steel shafts and/or yield the type feel I prefer (balanced). Probably lots of others too. 

59 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Do you overshoot or undershoot lag putts? A lighter shaft may not really help a ton with your particular issue (since you aren't changing the directly behind the ball), but it could drastically change the way your putter feels. I'm not a club builder by any means, but I would play around with head weight - it would be the easiest thing to experiment by using lead tape and/or removing the weights from the sole of your putter. Just a wild guess on my part, but that's what I'd do just to play around with it before swapping out the shaft.

This a really good point I usually under shoot now .. with my old blade I would over shoot .. but I will mess with the weights first to see if that helps .. thanks great insight 

1 hour ago, aerospace_ray said:

I have used them may times in the past. Primary reasons were for weight/feel distribution and playing around with putter heads (older-non insert) to see how much what I felt (feeling in hands) changed from those putter heads (brass/steel/aluminum/copper) vs having a steel shaft.

Always had to accept head heavy feel with older lighter graphite  putter shafts ,(exception newer Matrix 130 which felt weight wise as good as comparable steel shaft).

I quit using or attempting to use graphite shafts in putters once Odyssey insert putters got so popular in 90's with softer inserts and the ball covers went from balata to surylyn, urethane, etc the  face inserts sort of took over when I was going after a certain "feel". 

I would suggest make sure you get the right weight distribution if you go the graphite route, again Matrix 130 is safe investment IMO as the weights are comparable to steel shafts and/or yield the type feel I prefer (balanced). Probably lots of others too. 

Yeah I’ll prob go test some shafts out first .. thanks