Official Cobra Forged Tec Contest-WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Golfspy_CG2

Annnnnd … to the victor belong the spoils??? 

• Haha 2

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.251dbf28e16167e1ca40855a93ec5a2d.png  659 CB (5i-6i) 659 TC (7i-PW)

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

45 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

Annnnnd … to the victor belong the spoils??? 

Pot belly’s win.

I don’t  think I’ve ever looked forward to an off season but my swing is in schambles and I need some work

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

28 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Pot belly’s win.

I don’t  think I’ve ever looked forward to an off season but my swing is in schambles and I need some work

I hate hearing about your recent struggles, Mark. I know there's a good swing inside you and I have confidence you'll find it. 

I know nothing will bring someone down in this game like having their swing go bad, but  I believe you'll find your good one soon. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Pot belly’s win.

Bummer, man … even if their profiles are slightly similar to that of previous clubs, new irons do take a bit of an adjustment to get used to. 

• Like 4

Irons: image.png.251dbf28e16167e1ca40855a93ec5a2d.png  659 CB (5i-6i) 659 TC (7i-PW)

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I hate hearing about your recent struggles, Mark. I know there's a good swing inside you and I have confidence you'll find it. 

I know nothing will bring someone down in this game like having their swing go bad, but  I believe you'll find your good one soon. 

Thanks man, I’m used to it this time of year, this time of year just doesn’t give me time to maintain my good habits o develop in the spring and summer. Life’s just busy from September-December. Lots of indoor work in my future.

1 hour ago, mikeanthony said:

Bummer, man … even if their profiles are slightly similar to that of previous clubs, new irons do take a bit of an adjustment to get used to. 

definitky not the irons. My wedges are great around the green and putting is good, everything else is way off. I’m swaying a lot and not rotating well. Will work through it but it’s not the irons. 
its odd it came and went on the front 9 and. I think I got so frustrated I fell apart on the back.

this was the only hole I put it together. Forced layup. The 4 iron was beautiful and put it right where I wanted. The irons feel fantastic and when I actually hit them a great piercing flight

41C248F0-322E-488F-8759-D599F1DBD0DA.png

• Like 5

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Pot belly’s win.

My swing is the best it's been in maybe 5-6 years after this season.  BUT... I think I developed some rotator cuff tendonitis in the right shoulder (I play righty). Went to do an off season workout and now my right shoulder is in major pain.  Not sure what to do about it but I tried ice tonight.  We'll see how it feels tomorrow - my regular left shoulder is still sore from the workout so I want at least that to go away. I just want this season to go on and on and on.

• Sad 1

So the Forged TEC-X 7i arrived, and I got a chance to take it to the range and out for 9, altho only had one good chance during play to hit it (and I caught the ball solidly but slightly right of target sent it into a tree! 🤷‍♂️).

It's a demo for now; comparing it my 0211s and may schedule an iron fitting and also take it with me.

First range impressions vs the 0211...  a bit heftier and heavier feel in the head (both shafts approx 60ish grams); good strikes are rewarded with a noticeable pop off the face .. more so than the 0211; thin or toe hits still seemed to travel in generally the right direction; and no LM data just my observations but I _seem_ to be getting a few more yards distance plus a few yards better side to side dispersion.

More to follow....

---

@Lacassem hope you get an opportunity to get a few good hits in with yours .. curious to hear your impressions 👍

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

So the Forged TEC-X 7i arrived, and I got a chance to take it to the range and out for 9, altho only had one good chance during play to hit it (and I caught the ball solidly but slightly right of target sent it into a tree! 🤷‍♂️).

It's a demo for now; comparing it my 0211s and may schedule an iron fitting and also take it with me.

First range impressions vs the 0211...  a bit heftier and heavier feel in the head (both shafts approx 60ish grams); good strikes are rewarded with a noticeable pop off the face .. more so than the 0211; thin or toe hits still seemed to travel in generally the right direction; and no LM data just my observations but I _seem_ to be getting a few more yards distance plus a few yards better side to side dispersion.

More to follow....

---

@Lacassem hope you get an opportunity to get a few good hits in with yours .. curious to hear your impressions 👍

Can’t wait to hear more!

so far they feel lighter to me and the few…..very few good shots I’ve had they feel a million times better than my 790s. It’s going to take some time, it has nothing absolutely nothing to do with the irons and is all me. I won’t have very good thoughts over the next few months. 

ill get some simulator time in but I don’t think I’ll be hitting the course again until next year to be honest. I’m going to do some serious pliometrics to listen and strengthen some issues I have going on and then get jnto planemate and speed training again.

• Like 5

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 4 weeks later...

Have felt like I have not done Cobra justice here. Tail end of the season and not playing much. Have not touched a club.

I am going to be hitting up the simulator soon so should have some good data not just my personal thoughts on course. 

• Like 5

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 2 weeks later...

After a long hiatus of no clubs in hand, I hit up the sim today.

Irons were the absolute standout. I don’t think I had a bad strike on the front 9. 

couple highlights for me were from 168 on a par 3 (forget which hole) played an easy 7 iron. Absolutely smoked to the back of the green believe it was about 180. I know the owner of the place well and he asked what I hit, he said “soon as it came off I knew it was long, that was pure”. It damn sure felt like it too.

There are 3 par 5s on the front of this particular course. 2nd shots in was playing 4 irons, every single one was in the 220 realm. Very well struck 4 for me, there was no second guessing if they were. As soon as contact was made I could just feel the ball just jump off the face.

I am going to pay attention to some numbers more next go around. This simulator (will get the brand next time) is very good and gives a ton of information. The first 10 minutes on the range impact was square. I had some great groupings with PW/8/6 irons

Very pumped for another go in the next week or two

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

On 10/30/2022 at 7:57 PM, Lacassem said:

Can’t wait to hear more!

Thx, buuuut... Am sending it back...

Perhaps ironically I do really like this club - looks, feel, distance - but after several range sessions and a few 9 hole rounds, just not feeling like it's better enough vs what I'm playing now to justify the switch.

Planning on doing an iron fitting in the near future so we'll see what that may turn up ... and certainly may revisit the Cobras.

• Like 4

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

8 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Thx, buuuut... Am sending it back...

Perhaps ironically I do really like this club - looks, feel, distance - but after several range sessions and a few 9 hole rounds, just not feeling like it's better enough vs what I'm playing now to justify the switch.

Planning on doing an iron fitting in the near future so we'll see what that may turn up ... and certainly may revisit the Cobras.

Yea I think if this was the case for me I wouldn’t make the switch. Fortunately there are drastic differences for me across the board. I had more well struck shots the other day than i ever had with the 790s.

Had a hit on eBay for them yesterday, they must know the are 120% out of the bag now lol

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Thrilled to hear you had a great session with the FTs.  Those rounds where your swing was struggling - I'm PAINFULLY aware of that feeling (Friday's round legit almost made me cry. It's the most frustrated I've been in a year), and I think the temptation can be to blame the tool, but happy to see (like me, post-round) you recognized it was technique and not club.  This game is maddening, lol...abusive relationship.  I just can't quit you, golf...

I've got a fitting coming up and am very curious to see if I can throw these in the mix - hoping a meetup with my coach will straighten some stuff out (like, say, my shots?) before the fitting so I'm getting actual useful information instead of banging my head against the wall between each shot 🙂

Curious what you're seeing as the main differences - enough to already list the 790s - is it just everything combined? You've mentioned the feel several times - how's the dispersion/distance differences been?  I would assume, as they're lofted similarly, that distance wouldn't be crazy different (and that may not even be what you're looking for).  

Also, how are you getting along with the shafts? I know those weren't your original selection - curious to see if you've noticed anything one way or another?

Thanks! Been fun to read along, even with the November/December weather in full effect in NE!

• Like 3

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees, EvenFlow Riptide CB 40g 4.0
3/5 Wood - Warrior Golf (don't ask)
Utility - :cobra-small: King Utility - 2 Iron
Irons (4-PW) - :taylormade-small:- SIM Max, Nippon Modus Tour 105 Stiff
Wedges (52, 56, 60) - Kirkland Signature (changed to midsize grips) 
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Snell MTB Black/Vice Pro Plus

2 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Thrilled to hear you had a great session with the FTs.  Those rounds where your swing was struggling - I'm PAINFULLY aware of that feeling (Friday's round legit almost made me cry. It's the most frustrated I've been in a year), and I think the temptation can be to blame the tool, but happy to see (like me, post-round) you recognized it was technique and not club.  This game is maddening, lol...abusive relationship.  I just can't quit you, golf...

I've got a fitting coming up and am very curious to see if I can throw these in the mix - hoping a meetup with my coach will straighten some stuff out (like, say, my shots?) before the fitting so I'm getting actual useful information instead of banging my head against the wall between each shot 🙂

Curious what you're seeing as the main differences - enough to already list the 790s - is it just everything combined? You've mentioned the feel several times - how's the dispersion/distance differences been?  I would assume, as they're lofted similarly, that distance wouldn't be crazy different (and that may not even be what you're looking for).  

Also, how are you getting along with the shafts? I know those weren't your original selection - curious to see if you've noticed anything one way or another?

Thanks! Been fun to read along, even with the November/December weather in full effect in NE!

The club compared tk the 790s is extremely similar so transition was easy. For me number 1 when I know I striked the ball well I am getting great feedback. The 790s felt like I never did. I’ve foot sprayed them and even when what I thought should have felt like a great shot didn’t…..if that makes sense?

I have in the little time with these when I stripe it it feels like I did and that’s what I was looking for. Loft and all that is the same for the most part. Distances very similar.

For me the shafts feel better (the whole setup honestly feels lighter but I belive the shafts are actually a few grams heavier, have not looked at head weight but guessing it’s pretty close?) are they the ideal fit? Not sure, but over the next few sim sessions I plan to look at numbers now that I have worked out my woes. The worst they have ever been, glad it’s behind me lol….this time anyway

• Like 5

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 5 weeks later...

Really looking forward to the upcoming year and looking to get some really good metric data on live courses.

We have had an unusual warm weather period this winter where I have been able to swing outside and actually get a round in. I would like to get to simulator and get data on my numbers (plan to do this in the next few weeks) but will have nothing to compare to since I sold my P790s because I was very confident with these Cobras.

Until then, I looked at my round last week and looked at my approach shots. Below is my approach to the green with the previous gamers P790's. Underneath is the Cobras. Nothing crazy yet. What I will say is playing in January and wet made some of this data somewhat skewed and dont believe I would have had as many shorts with the 1 round of the cobras on a normal day. 

Time will tell long term but I like that in January of all months the data somewhat aligns and am looking forward to transitioning that short percentage downwards. 

Previous rounds:

1034101381_ApproachforroundswithP790s.PNG.82f62f29d10d68536949c185dc1b9a18.PNG

Cobras:

1279647049_ApproachforBlissfulMeadows.PNG.927e292c88fb0f363bb23af5fe832316.PNG

• Like 6

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

About 3.5 weeks ago, I had left my clubs in a buddy’s car … was invited for a quick round at the last min with a different golf buddy, but couldn’t get to my gamers, so my old Cobra F9 OLs it was. Shot 86. My buddy and I were shocked … and to be fair, my driver/tee game has been singing as of late. 

Made some slight iron swing modifications in the year and months since last playing the OLs, and the new iron swing change just worked for me with the OLs. 

Sooo … only bought a single 7i, but just from a few range sessions, I’m happy. Placed an order for the 8i just yesterday. 😬 

95370B87-6143-4F54-B670-D7272D333BA7.jpeg.832bcb6ad8c31c388f18d274a13ad9ad.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

About 3.5 weeks ago, I had left my clubs in a buddy’s car … was invited for a quick round at the last min with a different golf buddy, but couldn’t get to my gamers, so my old Cobra F9 OLs it was. Shot 86. My buddy and I were shocked … and to be fair, my driver/tee game has been singing as of late. 

Made some slight iron swing modifications in the year and months since last playing the OLs, and the new iron swing change just worked for me with the OLs. 

Sooo … only bought a single 7i, but just from a few range sessions, I’m happy. Placed an order for the 8i just yesterday. 😬 

95370B87-6143-4F54-B670-D7272D333BA7.jpeg.832bcb6ad8c31c388f18d274a13ad9ad.jpeg

I like it... 1 club at a time is much easier to hide from the finance department 😉 

I might need to implement this purchase method for the upcoming fiscal year! 🤣

• Haha 8

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120X | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | :ping-small: Traverse | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I like it... 1 club at a time is much easier to hide from the finance department 😉 

I might need to implement this purchase method for the upcoming fiscal year! 🤣

Oh for sure, it def helps me in feeling less guilty on a ‘wants’ purchase … as opposed to a ‘needs’ purchase where I rarely feel guilty. 😂

And for the moment, I’ll keep the F9 OLs in the 5i and 6i … for now. 😉😅

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mikeanthony said:

Oh for sure, it def helps me in feeling less guilty on a ‘wants’ purchase … as opposed to a ‘needs’ purchase where I rarely feel guilty. 😂

And for the moment, I’ll keep the F9 OLs in the 5i and 6i … for now. 😉😅

So if I need new irons simply because I want new irons did I find a loophole?

*adds Mizuno Pro 225 irons to cart*

• Haha 6

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120X | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | :ping-small: Traverse | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

So if I need new irons simply because I want new irons did I find a loophole?

*adds Mizuno Pro 225 irons to cart*

Even if you wanted them and didn't need them, we can use the same sentence with a quick edit:  "*adds ONE Mizuno Pro 225 iron to cart*"

Just do that another 7 times, and you're all set.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees, EvenFlow Riptide CB 40g 4.0
3/5 Wood - Warrior Golf (don't ask)
Utility - :cobra-small: King Utility - 2 Iron
Irons (4-PW) - :taylormade-small:- SIM Max, Nippon Modus Tour 105 Stiff
Wedges (52, 56, 60) - Kirkland Signature (changed to midsize grips) 
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Snell MTB Black/Vice Pro Plus