Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Is Your Main Golf Goal For Every Round?

Middler

My goal is always to play as good as I can. To validate my skill level, that brings me " satisfaction". Not joy , just like knowing you did all to do a good job. It took many years to get over Ego, playing against the guy who can outdrive me. Or trying to outdrive everyone in my 4 some. I can actually enjoy  playing for a dollar a hole. Golf will give you joy and satisfaction if you just " let go".

Stealth Driver w fujikura fuel shaft 9.0 degree stiff. P790 irons w kbs shafts. 3 wood Titleist 917d diamana blue shaft in Stiff. Hybrid is a titleist also. Putter is no name brand. Used guerin rife putter but my wife stole it.

I look at it as a season long marathon vs an 18 hole sprint.  I'm not a pro so my overall goal is improvement.  Fairways hit, GIR, number of putts, and the ability to get out of trouble with the least effect on my score.  I play a season long game made up of 18 hole rounds.  I play several courses but use only one for the season game.  I aim for the lowest season long score per hole on that course.  Best so far is a -19.  To do that I play for the best shots on each hole and learn from previous rounds on that hole. You can have a so so round with a few great holes and still come out ahead although it gets harder as more holes are birdied and you need to beat that so I have to work and improve to move the needle. Anything learned about shots translates to other courses so I guess that marathon course is really an extension of the driving range but with one ball and that "beat the lowest annual score" is the yardstick.

A couple of my golf buddies have picked up on it and we've turned it into a season long tournament of sorts with the "winner" getting a half gallon of bourbon from the other two.  Just two rules - only rounds where all three of us are together count (have to have witnesses!) and USGA/local rules have to be played.

Edited by GPS111

GPS111

My long term golf goal is to be able to consistently score in the 80s. Round to round goals, the biggest thing I try to improve each round is my ball striking with irons. Shot to shot consistency  has always been a struggle for me. I'll hit a great second shot and then fat or thin my approach and kill my chance of scoring on that hole. So I guess limiting the number of poor shots that impact my ability to score is what I focus on the most every round. I am sure this is everyone's goal, but as a high handicapper, it is the one I place the most importance on. Really hoping to bring my handicap down this season as I have a full membership to the club in my hometown, so I should be able to get out on the range and course to practice more!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Goals:

1. Have fun and enjoy being able to play a game 

2. Bring Avg from 82 to 79 - three strokes does not seem that hard, but being consistant is maybe one of the hardest things in golf (unless consistantly not consistant)

• Bring putts per round from 29.4 to 28
  • Bring my par 5 Avg from 5.25 to 5

With the averages above that should get me really close to the three strokes needed to Avg 79, along with just hitting more fairways and greens 

Driver 1:  :taylormade-small: Stealth 12 degree - Ventus Red 5-S 

Driver 2: :taylormade-small: 300 Mini Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60G Stiff (tipped to 44.5inch)

3 Wood 2: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Fujikura Pro 65-S (higher ball flight)

5 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Black 6-S

9 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Red 5-R

Irons: :cobra-small: King Tour 2023 - Fujikura Pro 95 Stiff - 6-9 - Fitted 

Wedges: :titleist-small: SM9 - 45-10F, 48-10F, 54-12-D, 58-12D (Testing Callaway Jaws 58-12-W)

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S - Fitted 

Balls :odin: - X1

I will always try for a round of golf, at my home course, to have more birdies or better than doubles or worse. I understand that my scoring can be very very boom or bust from time to time, and if it is, I need to build in those margins.

My golf league goal is to win every year end stat category, lowest scoring average, most birdies in a round, most pars in a round, lowest round, most points. I feel as if I'm the best player in that league or can be, so that's where I want to be competitive. Last year my first time in it I finished 4th in year end with a stretch of horrible golf in the middle, so it's possible

My skins game goal is to make a profit. I give up so many strokes to my fellow players I'm always losing, so when I win I need to make it count.

My overall goal... have fun and don't beat myself up too badly. I have moments where the temper can flair and I can have the "boo boo" face. I'm trying to make those less often this season.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Try not to tell the same story twice in one round.
Try to remember if I told this story to these guys before.
Hit the ball. 
Find the ball.
Move on.

"Everyday takes figuring out all over again how to f***ing live."  Calamity Jane - Deadwood.

People ask me what I do for a living?  I say "I answer stupid questions."

1. Going through my process on every shot - Pre-shot routine.

2. No 3-putts

3. Avoid OB out of the box

#1 takes care of most issues and gives me a good chance of shooting mid to low 80s. If I have two of those three going, breaking into the 70s is a possibility

921 Forged KBS $130s

T-22 Wedges

Rouge Max LS

Odyssey Ten 2-Ball lined 

20 hours ago, chisag said:

... Since you asked, my main goal is twofold. Shoot my age or under and if I do, shoot my lowest score ever. I have shot 66 four times now but 65 seems illusive so it is always the goal. Like most I am very rarely in a position to do so and still enjoy every round but my focus then slides toward playing every shot to the best of my ability, always learning more about which shots to hit in certain situations, enjoying the camaraderie and communing with nature. I try to keep in mind every day is a gift regardless of how I play and I try to enjoy every one of them. 

Shooting my age is also my goal. Accomplished it first at age 73. It was easiest at age 76. I will be 79 for the next season. Working hard to actually gain distance and have consistent ball striking. As long as my short game holds up, this should be a good year. Maintaining focus for 18 holes is another goal.

At 76 and being retired, am just tired of setting goals.  When I get back to playing again sometime in March, I plan on enjoying every moment on the course.  Not take it too seriously, enjoy the surroundings, the folks I am playing with and if I shoot a good round that is the cherry on top.  Once I finish this rehab, I have signed up for some lessons, in that I have not played since Dec 12th, hoping preparation will make it event more FUN.   Hakuna matata.  💯

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

My goals for each round, simply to shoot as low as possible. Usually strive for under par. It does change as the round goes though. If I’m +3 or better, after 9, then I’m grinding trying to get under par. +4 or worse, then I’m concentrating on what struggles I’ve had the front 9. Strikes, chipping, putting, etc. Now +4 isn’t always my cut point, just depends on the course. Always try to enjoy the rounds. Golf is too fun, not to enjoy. Years ago, I would avg easily over 100 rounds/year. Now days, 4 kids later, my rounds are far less! I play in 2 leagues throughout the summer, but those are only 9 holers. Fun, but we all know they’re not the same. Play somewhere in the range of 20 scrambles/season.  While I enjoy playing in them, they definitely don’t help MY game out. So my goal for this upcoming season, is to simply play more single round golf. Play more rounds, with the man that introduced me to the game, my father.

Cally Epic Flash 3 💎 / HZRDUS 1100- 6.5/tipped 1.5”

TM M3 3wd HL/ Rogue 80x

Srixon 785/ DGTI x100s

Bridgestone Tour B/ 52°&58°- DGTI s400

Scotty TEI3 Long Neck

Come out with the same number of golf balls as I went in with. Either by recovery or actually hitting the fairway.

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

I just want to hit the ball pure. The rest takes care of itself.

Alternatively, just like to beat the crap out of my buddies. Longer drives, better approaches, better putting and chipping.

Lacking that, if I am playing less than stellar, my goal is to mind think them into shanking everything! C'mon man, just being honest.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

No doubles, no bogeys on par 5s. No penalties. 5 pars or better on each nine. No 3 putts. For my driver I want to still have a decent shot from the rough if I miss the fairway

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Goal is to hit the ball solid - everything else takes care of itself.

And of course, enjoy the company - which I always do

Edited by JohnFP

Driver , Taylormade Sim2 10.5, Hzrds black 6.0

3Wood, Taylormade R15, Hzrds blank 5.5

3Hybrid, Taylormade SLDR, Stock stiff shaft

Irons, 4 - P Callaway Apex 19 stiff tour elevate 

Wedges, 48, 52, 59 Vokey SM 6

Ball, Prov1x

I have 3 goals every time out, which are challenging (for me).

1. At least one birdie

2. No Double Bogey's or higher

3. No 3-putts

If I can do those things, I usually score pretty well.  If I shoot 82 or lower, I feel like it was a good round.

-- P.J.

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.5c73aa0e191520c63e4a7567ea08cf4a.pngTour -  image.png.70e0eeb259be4d89842e31955c4a2f83.png
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

image.png

image.png

10 greens in regulation per round. My iron game is suspect when the grass gets short (brown) and the ground gets hard. But normally, if I can hit 10 I can break 80. (10x2-95= 75) That's my formula. 

Cart: image.png.50e429cab7658fa55a7699ecf1a9bc3b.pngElectric Cart Tek 1500

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST  10.5  Mitsubishi Kai Li white 60 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G430 15 Mitsubishi Kai Li white 67 stiff

3 &4 hybrid:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gif0311 Gen 5 Mitsubishi MMT 80 stiff

Irons 5-GW:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gifPXG Gen 3 0311T Steelfiber 115 

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s gw 50.8, sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball:  vice golf.png Vice Pro bridgestone_logo.jpg.4e27c12bc4cae05babb1372e71a3f149.jpg RXS

I try to score in the mid 80's, but I can be happy if I hit good shots. There are times when I feel that I hit a lot of good shots, but my score is not so good. I am ok with that. I really just want to strike the ball well, hit good shots, then on some days they will fall and I get a low score. Other times, they don't fall, but I feel ok. Prior to last year, my MAIN golf goal was to get a hole in one. I always shot at the pin on every par three. I was happy to get a terrible score on the par 3's as long as I went for it. Well, last year, I got a hole-in-one! I was so happy, I actually cried a little. I feel like I am in a new class of golfer now. 

:ping-small: G400 Max driver,  Alta CB shaft R

:callaway-small: heavenwood

:cobra-small: Hybrids - 3 and 4 set to different settings depending on course. Sometimes a Taylormade 4

Maltby STi2 irons 5-GW, Fujikura Shaft

:vokey-small: 54, 58

:taylormade-small: Ardmore 3 putter

My golf LIFE goal is to realize that it's a game and have fun no matter how frustrating this game can get.  Look at those wayward shots as opportunities. 

Because I no longer have time or funds to play this game more than once per week, I don't have any game improvement goals.  If I were to pick something, it would be to average 32 putts or less for 18 holes and at same time hit more than 50% of greens in regulation. 

Cobra AMP 8.5* driver (sometimes swap for Cobra Speedzone driver)

Cobra Speedzone 3 WD, 19* hybrid

Driving iron 18*

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4 - PW

Cleveland 588 gap wedge 52*

Scotty Cameron futura putter (sometimes Ping Zing anniversary edition, or TP mills blade)

Had my right knee replaced 11 days ago...

So goal 1 is get back on the course in a month  or less.

2. Stay positive, play happy, enjoy the round and the day.

3. Stay focused on the next shot. The last shot is done, its over, and is of consequence no longer. Regardless of the results, good, bad, or indifferent my entire being must move forward to the next shot and leave that last shot exactly where it is....on the scorecard. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

30 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

Had my right knee replaced 11 days ago...

So goal 1 is get back on the course in a month  or less.

2. Stay positive, play happy, enjoy the round and the day.

3. Stay focused on the next shot. The last shot is done, its over, and is of consequence no longer. Regardless of the results, good, bad, or indifferent my entire being must move forward to the next shot and leave that last shot exactly where it is....on the scorecard. 

Best of luck in your recovering from knee replacement!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

To have fun by shooting low

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

• Enjoy the round & the people I'm playing with
  • Try to play 'bogey golf' (at a minimum) - double bogeys are momentum-killers
  • No damn penalty strokes!

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

My main goal is to enjoy my time, then respect the process. That is have the right routine and stick with it, keep on the same swing thought for all the round, keep following the game plan that was decided initially. Score is just a consequence. If you play with the right mindset, the right target and trajectory intentions, then you'll score well... on average.

To me having a scoring objective is the best way to ruin your golf! You'll stop enjoying the game as much, you'll add pressure on you and limit your chances to produce good shots, plus it's not something you have complete control on, I mean even Tiger, Jack or the Hawk could hit bad shots, make doubles and so on... But having a good attitude and shooting to the right targets with the right club, that you can control, even if you're a 28 hcp...

Aim small... pray to miss small

My bag: Ping hoofer lite. My driver: Nike Vapor Pro. 4w: Inesis 500. Hybrid: Nike Vapor Flex. Irons (4-PW): Takomo 301 combo on KBS tour X. Wedges: Vokey SM7 52° and 58°. Putter: Cleveland Classic HB1. Balls: Inesis Tour900 yellow.