2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

42 minutes ago, tdroma98 said:

Good FRIDAY Morning Spies, 

Cloudy & 58 degree Central Florida morning.  Will we ever see the sun this Winter?? On second cup of espresso!

No golf today, Ranger duties and last work day for the week.  Wife & I going on a week long Caribbean Cruise tomorrow, hopefully seeing sun 🤣 & adult beverages LOL.  Much needed relaxation. Although 7 other family members will be joining us. Taking a week off from golf, work and relaxing drinking Pina Cola's, getting caught in the rain LOL. 

Have a Great Day Everyone! Stay Warm! ⛳

Enjoy your trip!

B

24 minutes ago, SliceBoss said:

Good morning and Happy Friday!!

High-Handies golf tourney tomorrow here in Central Florida.  Teeing off in likely sub 40° temps.  Don’t hesitate to share any tips to minimize the cold weather impact!  Never played this cold.

And… Go Bills 🦬 

#floridalife

#frozeniguanas

#brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lots of layers!

B

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

I just realized that I have been a member on here for 6 months as of today.  Also 6 points away from the next ranking and have really enjoyed being a part of this community!  

The culture that MGS has is different than just about every other social media outlet out there.  It's filled with positivity and for the most part everyone gets along.  I have swapped golf equipment with members from all over and been given the opportunity to be a part of testing.  Been able to learn some new things and gotten advice on others.  

So for @Getoffmylawn and @Lacassem, yes, the good morning thread is grand and the coffee is usually good!   Oh, and most days the weather could be better.

Congratulations on the 6 month milestone!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

20 minutes ago, BKervin said:

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you @BKervin and welcome Back! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

3 minutes ago, Cfhandyman said:

Don’t forget the hot “flavored” coffee in a thermos. 

This might just have to happen.  Wonder what Woodford and black coffee tastes like....  might have to find out!

• Driver - Cobra LTDx Max
  • 3W - Callaway Paradym
  • 3h/4h - Callaway BB19
  • 5h - TM Stealth
  • 6i-P - Wilson D9 CB
  • 52* - Cobra SB Black
  • 56* - Callaway JAWS MD5
  • 60* - Mizuno T22 C-Grind
  • Putter - Cleveland HB 11 Soft Mallet 34"

6 minutes ago, BKervin said:

Headed out for a round at noon at Litchfield CC. 

I know where that is! I really should go visit my son more, and take my clubs. He's not a golfer, although I paid for him to take lessons as a teenager; he has bad feet and the walking part of golf is more than he can handle. But with all the courses on the Strand...

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

35 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

PXL_20240117_165024220.jpg.85a6e8a04fb06aa43067f1dd143d2ec1.jpgE

asily 75" in 3 separate lake effect snow storms, had 3 major shovelings out since Monday this week.  Looking forward to Monday when forecast says temps going above freezing until next Friday, but before then the Arctic cold will spend the weekend here with highs about 20 and single to negative digits for lows.

Sun is good!  See of you and hubs can make the Kingsmill meetup May 30 - June 2, that would be a great adventure and you wouldn't be the only golfing couple with Kenny and Martha already committed to the weekend 🙂 (rendition of @Yellow Ball)

Wow, that’s impressive and some serious shovelling. The new secret weapon of the Bills mafia?  Go Bills 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

1 minute ago, BKervin said:

If you come down between January 1 and April 30, message me and we can set up tee time!

That is a definite possibility! My son's stepfather used to live by True Blue. I don't think I'm up for fullblown Mike Strantz, and with so many other choices, why put myself through it?

Fit For Golf tester 2024

1 minute ago, ILMgolfnut said:

That is a definite possibility! My son's stepfather used to live by True Blue. I don't think I'm up for fullblown Mike Strantz, and with so many other choices, why put myself through it?

We stay at True Blue!  They run specials in January and we will be golfing here Tuesday - $69 a piece including cart

B

Just now, BKervin said:

They run specials in January and we will be golfing here Tuesday - $69 a piece including cart

You might talk me into it. Heck, I've played Royal Dornoch; how bad can TB be? I'm smart enough not to play from the tips anyway. Slope rating at Dornoch is higher than TB from the white tees.

Fit For Golf tester 2024