Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

3 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

And another good morning to you all today!! And, yep .. crazy weather came this way too with a 20+ degree drop in temps along with a 30+ increase in wind speed!

Fingers crossed for @sirchunksalot and good wishes for his Lady Chunks .. ya mon evah-ting gonna be alllright.. 🤙

So today, actually this evening, is the start of a 5 week golf clinic (full description below) at an indoor sim (don't like hitting inside but this sounded really good) .. focusing on short game (who doesn't need that?) .. with an add'l emphasis on course management and mental game (and man do I need both of those!!).

All part of getting prepped for what I'm trying to make my best golfing season yet! (Warning: actual results TBD 😆)

Hope y'all have a most excellent Thursday!!!

"..golf clinic will ... teach you to hit the correct shot (sometimes teaching the execution of said shot) playing smarter with better course management, improving and getting your golf swing to be more repeatable, and lastly but most importantly, SHORT GAME is where it’s at, you will learn how to minimize 3 putts, get up and down from the greenside bunker, and start hitting your chips and pitch shots inside 10 feet regularly, which is the scoring zone!

The other aspect when we start trying to lower our score by 2, 3, 4 shots per round is the MENTAL SIDE of the game. Having the correct mindset and being exact in our pre-shot routine, thinking soundly under pressure and using the right mental cues to improve our shots.

You could almost use MENTAL GAME and COURSE MANAGEMENT interchangeably a good part of the time. 

Everyone that signs up, I want you to think about the one shot or part of your game that is holding you back. Be it a certain shot, or situation. Whether its pressure, or bunkers, or ……..

Based off of YOU and the other clinic participants will determine, in part, what situational aspects of the game we put the most energy and focus on.

The lessons in the advanced level golf clinic series meticulously focus on key aspects of golf that have the potential to transform your game altogether.

Course management is an essential skill often overlooked by amateur golfers. However, mastering it can significantly enhance your scoring ability. The average amateur wastes 5 or 6 shots per round, a single digit handicapper throws away 2 or 3 shots, just from poor course management. The majority of this clinic will be spent “On Course via the Simulator” allowing us to hit specific shots and placing the ball in specific spots.

The sessions will hone your skills in strategically plotting your way around the course, evaluating the best play options, and tackling course obstacles better and playing smarter.

One of the most critical aspects to progress in golf is refining your swing and that may be very minor adjustments to increase a repeatable motion enabling you to hit the ball with better accuracy, and a narrow shot dispersion pattern.

The short game, involving pitches, chips, sand shots, and putts, is often the defining difference between a good round and a great one. In the golf clinic series, we delve deep into the nuances of the short game, helping you save valuable strokes and lower your overall scores.

All parts of the MENTAL GAME! Including dealing with shots under PRESSURE.

Lastly, the bracing challenge of uneven lies unequivocally tests all golfers. Learning how to adapt to various slopes and terrains, how the ball behaves differently on these, and how to modify your stance and swing for each type of uneven lie, are significant topics covered in the series.

Elevating your game to the next level depends on these nuanced elements of golf. The advanced level golf clinic series brings these to the fore and equips you to become a more accomplished golfer giving you the ability to shave those few extra shots off your round. This could be the difference between breaking 80 or not, winning a club championship or not, qualifying for the US Amateur or not, whatever your goals are or wherever your golf game is currently, I will help you achieve your golf goals and give you the tools to get you playing to the best of your ability."

Good luck with the clinic! Sounds like a good time

Current WITB:

Driver:   default_benhogan-small.gif.bd4aea80f46a0fd64e2b8412d1ee19dc.gif Big Ben CS3 9.5deg Aldila NV-h 70-R

Fairway: Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png KE4 3W w/KE4 75-R

Irons Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png MMB Forged 3-PW w/TT Dynamic Gold Lite

Wedges:  Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png56 Deg, 60 Deg

Putter:   Sub70.png Sycamore 008 Mallet

Preferred Balls: Titleist ProV1

4 minutes ago, Placasse61 said:

good morning Spies 

Played yesterday 70's overcast with 30 mph winds gusting around 50! Never played in those conditions and it showed! There were times the wind affected putting, stopping downhill putts or moving the ball during putts!  I hit 9 of 15 fairways and hit my Irons well but couldn't adjust approaches and short game to the wind and couldn't handle the many sand traps around the green.  Had so much fun but the score was terrible 53/62. 20240228_095950.jpg.3126ab51c3dda276302d590b5c307a71.jpg20240228_101351.jpg.c66328dbce3cde9c161c46b1354173b6.jpg20240228_135610.jpg.4424c832cf8669f67e560ab36460bb65.jpg20240228_140023.jpg.cf592f17215c6d667e1976c2d255ee9c.jpg20240228_141451.jpg.5429d44230338506b950c228177ddaee.jpg20240228_130450.jpg.ed9b0a71c4208de9d656f7f47e7d1b4b.jpg

Have a great day

Gorgeous layout

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

1 hour ago, Cfhandyman said:

Good morning to all on a cold but sunny morning.  What a wild swing in temperatures so Extra coffee needed this morning.  Going to a Brit Floyd concert tonight. They’re a very good Pink Floyd tribute Band, so a throwback to my youth. Enjoy your day. 
image.jpeg.caeef3d2f9aa0bde2c7460f9c5f565e4.jpeg

I think I saw you went from plus 16 to -1 or something like that, wow...

committed to performance excellence

53 minutes ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

Good morning everyone, Snoopy try swinging your driver like an 8 iron shot . I typically drive the ball very well and hit lots of fairways. I always ask myself this question when I start getting sideways a little . “ Do I want to score or do I want to hit it as hard as I can and go look fit it ?”. A simple but effective method to playing  better . I play 2-3 times a week and there is always someone that out drive you but a lot of the times they can’t out score you ! Hoping this helps somewhat 😊

i like that swing thought, thanks...

committed to performance excellence