Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

4 hours ago, tdroma98 said:

@Merlin1313 bacon wrapped drum sticks, what a great idea!  They look great!

We also do Texas Twinkies- Jalapenos split(vertically) stuffed with brisket, wrapped in bacon(of course-the world is better with bacon)grilled and then spread either sour cream or cream cheese over the cut area. If Jalapenos are too hot, you can use Anaheims or Poblanos (plus they're a little bit more accommodating for more brisket/bacon- jus sayin🙃

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

4 hours ago, aguybadatgolf said:

That sounds amazing. We didn’t get to play that course but we did a Mountain bike ride at Hartman Rocks that over looks that course and it looked beautiful. Thank you for your service!

If you have the time- google #17 at Redlands Mesa- there's a video (about 35 seconds or so- you MIGHT find it interesting)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

7 minutes ago, Merlin1313 said:

If you have the time- google #17 at Redlands Mesa- there's a video (about 35 seconds or so- you MIGHT find it interesting)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

32 minutes ago, Merlin1313 said:

FWIW- There's 2 other public courses in the Grand Junction area as well. Tiara Rado- kind of a fun course. Snakes its way through a residential area(MOST of them had protective barriers of some sort last time I played it). If you play it- be careful on the 2nd hole(or at least make sure you see if there's anyone in front of you). #10 used to be a lot more fun than it was when I left. 18 will get you thinking you can drive the green- BUT-  if you overshoot it you'll hit the clubhouse.  The other one is Adobe Creek- its an assortment of 3-9 hole tracks. I recommend Mesa and Monument - Desert is kinda boring (IMHO).

If you want a REALLY fun mountain bike ride- try Slickrock Bike Trail

Thanks for the advice! I love playing new courses, that’s honestly half the fun for me.

It’ll add it to the list for this year. Last year we rode Ahab and the whole enchilada. Hoping to do slick rock and mag 7 this year.

Tester for PingS159 Wedges

Driver - :cobra-small: LTDx LS 9° with UST Mamiya LIN-Q Gunmetal - X

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym 15° with Kai'li™ White - X

3H - :PXG: Gen5 0311 19° with Ventus Blue Velocore - X

Driving Iron - image.png.e20decc564f669047d8ef7d2dbd4734d.png 699 Pro with UST PROFORCE V2 Hybrid White/Yellow - X

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100 (+1", 3° Upright) - X 

Wedges - :callaway-logo-1: 50° Jaws MD5, :callaway-logo-1: 54° Jaws MD5, :titleist-small: 58° Vokey SM8 

Putter - :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #2 Bronze , :cobra-small:KING 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter (Trying something new), 🦓 Zebra Golf AIT 3 (On time out)

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV or :vice: Pro (depends on what I can get a deal on) 

2 hours ago, DonnieGolfs said:

Today is Liam's 5th birthday and this is all he wanted to do today. He got a little hand cart so he could walk with dad.

IMG_20230605_171828.jpg

IMG_20230605_171834.jpg

PXL_20230605_204147111_exported_800_1685998881894.jpg

PXL_20230605_204153364.jpg

That is so awesome!  It's so great seeing youngsters getting into the game.  I'm sure, like myself, being introduced to and playing with Dad's holds some of lifes best memories.  Tell Liam Happy Birthday from us spies and that the cart looks skookum.  No really, tell him it looks skookum and see how he reacts 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 hour ago, EasyPutter said:

Good morning from a cooler WNY on this Tuesday than the previously trending temps would suggest, with hot coffee in the mug making it just about perfect ☕ yesterday's sky was a salmon color sun and unusual lighting I first noticed at lunchtime with smoke from Canadian wildfires affecting the sky and air quality in these parts, and saw lots of that awesome effect like living on another planet for the rest of the afternoon and evening between Buffalo, Rochester and back home again.  3:40 tee time and hope you have golf in your day too ⛳ 

hah! got a good morning post in right after Jason this morning!  Either I am early or everyone else is slacking 😅

I think we are having the same thing here this morning. The sun is this beautiful orange, at least until you know that forest fires are causing it. Otherwise its a normal Tuesday here, finally getting my hair cut this afternoon as it has been far too long. Made the decision to walk and carry on Sunday and boy was I feeling that yesterday the upper back was very sore and tight, but just getting back into that movement and I am sure everything will get stronger. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

6 minutes ago, David Leighton Reid said:

Good morning, Spies!

334070181_1349730522530479_2258229380138974241_n.jpg

Very topical @David Leighton Reid!  Funny too!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Morning! It's 75 and muggy out already in Minnesota. Not my favorite. Subbing in league tomorrow night so I'll probably try and hit the range quick over lunch. I can get to a couple ranges and hit a bucket door to door in about an hour. Basically my only practice time.

Dr: :taylormade-small: Stealth 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: M4 - 3W 15°, 5W 18°

4i-PW: MacGregor MT86 OS

50.08F/54.10S/60.08M: :vokey-small:

Pu: :ping-small: Ketsch Counter Balance

Ball: :Snell: MTB Prime

Pushcart: :Clicgear: 4.0

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V6 Shift

Other: :Arccos:

Not the best start to my day. Seemed to have irritated an old neck injury right before a 3-day golf tournament this weekend. Hoping I can somehow put together a good enough regiment of ibuprofen and heating pads to fix it before Friday. I guess that what I get for moving furniture by myself 🙄

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

19 hours ago, Merlin1313 said:

THANKS!!!!! They taste REALLY GOOD too!!!!!!!! not for the faint of heart (or ANYONE with dietary restrictions 🤪)

Low Carbs  😃

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 minutes ago, CSiders12 said:

Good morning spies! It is a lovely day here in Iowa and the first day in a while that isn't going to be really hot and humid. Still with my grandma, but will be leaving here around noon to go home. I have golf league tonight, so I plan on hitting the range before I head that way. I have yet to shoot a good score at league, as 43 is my best bet thus far. However, I went out and shot even par at a more difficult course last Thursday, so I am hoping that I can take that momentum and post a good score tonight. Also... just bought some new wedges last night and am stoked to get them soon! The anticipation will start to rise soon. Have a great day everyone!

what kind of wedges did you buy and why? 

committed to performance excellence

5 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

what kind of wedges did you buy and why? 

Hi Jim, 

I bought the Sub70 TAIII wedges in a black finish. I am currently rocking the Cobra Snakebite wedges from 2021, and I have liked these, however, I have played over 100 rounds with them so they are starting to have a little wear, and the biggest thing I don't like is the finish on the clubs. There is a sleek chrome finish that looks great, however, when the sun hits the club, it is absolutely blinding. 

I also love Sub70 and want to support a business that values experience and service over anything else. Plus, everything I have read about the clubs so far has been nothing short of amazing. We will see!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

1 minute ago, CSiders12 said:

Hi Jim, 

I bought the Sub70 TAIII wedges in a black finish. I am currently rocking the Cobra Snakebite wedges from 2021, and I have liked these, however, I have played over 100 rounds with them so they are starting to have a little wear, and the biggest thing I don't like is the finish on the clubs. There is a sleek chrome finish that looks great, however, when the sun hits the club, it is absolutely blinding. 

I also love Sub70 and want to support a business that values experience and service over anything else. Plus, everything I have read about the clubs so far has been nothing short of amazing. We will see!

thanks, I get a big confused with all the talk about wedges, bounce, leading edge, etc etc, what is right for me on certain grasses etc. I am trying to get my head around it. 

8 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

...blanketed in smoke from the Canadian forest fires and a stubborn upper level low stuck just off the coast causing cooler than normal temps. hopefully it all blows out soon!

We got the smoke from Canada a couple of weeks ago.  Hope the wind shifts soon!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just now, Jim Shaw said:

thanks, I get a big confused with all the talk about wedges, bounce, leading edge, etc etc, what is right for me on certain grasses etc. I am trying to get my head around it. 

I think that is what makes Sub70 great. They don't override you with information. They simply make a beautiful looking product and state who they believe it is best for. Keep it simple!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

Good morning all! I'm cranking some Spock's Beard in the home office, coffee alongside my laptop, and gearing up for meetings at 11, 1, and 3. It never seems to end LOL!!!!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Just now, russtopherb said:

Good morning all! I'm cranking some Spock's Beard in the home office, coffee alongside my laptop, and gearing up for meetings at 11, 1, and 3. It never seems to end LOL!!!!

your day will come when you can hit balls at 11-1 and 3 lol...

Good Morning Spies! 
Beautiful Central Florida morning, 73 degrees.  Nice 2 mile walk to start the morning, no golf this morning. On first cup of coffee.  Will be heading to range this evening, have to work on putting, not a good weekend of putting. 

Have a Great Day Everyone!! Hit'em straight! ⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0