Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, IndyBonzo said:

If you figure it out @Merlin1313 please share.  Drilling and practicing is definitely making things better, but man if I could just avoid that random driver OB/wedge skull/9 iron topper/etc. scores would plummet!  

Very glad you are ok @Kenny B.  Do rest, and watch out for concussion symptoms, please.

TRUST ME- if  ever get it figured out I'll GLADLY share it with you

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Good Morning everyone!  Well, I'm still here.  Came close to dying yesterday.  I went to the course for short game work; hit a few irons and drivers off the range, then hit a small bucket of balls onto the pitching green.  Next headed to the putting green where we can chip low shots only.  One of the guys I met on the range had come down to the green to do the same and we started talking.  Believe me... there is NOTHING like the sound of a golf ball striking your skull.  I've been hit before; about 10 years ago I was hit on my left arm just below my elbow, but a blow on the head reverberates throughout your entire body.  

I expected the guy who hit it from the #9 fairway to come rolling up the cart path looking for it.  Nope!  He left it there.  The guy I was talking to walked over towards the #9 green and asked who hit the ball.  Can't see the green from the putting green.  The guy who hit it eventually came off the green and apologized; didn't want the ball back... a ratty TP5.  Got a knot on the back of my head, but if I had been facing the other way...  Resting today.

Man, have to be careful with concussions.  Especially at our age😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Good Morning everyone!  Well, I'm still here.  Came close to dying yesterday.  I went to the course for short game work; hit a few irons and drivers off the range, then hit a small bucket of balls onto the pitching green.  Next headed to the putting green where we can chip low shots only.  One of the guys I met on the range had come down to the green to do the same and we started talking.  Believe me... there is NOTHING like the sound of a golf ball striking your skull.  I've been hit before; about 10 years ago I was hit on my left arm just below my elbow, but a blow on the head reverberates throughout your entire body.  

I expected the guy who hit it from the #9 fairway to come rolling up the cart path looking for it.  Nope!  He left it there.  The guy I was talking to walked over towards the #9 green and asked who hit the ball.  Can't see the green from the putting green.  The guy who hit it eventually came off the green and apologized; didn't want the ball back... a ratty TP5.  Got a knot on the back of my head, but if I had been facing the other way...  Resting today.

Glad to hear you’re ok. Getting hit in the head is no joke. Anywhere for that matter but definitely the noggin. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

11 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Really interested in what you think of these. I am 50/50 between Snell and the new Maxfli Tour - both right at the right price point.

Enjoy!

Unfortunately the MTB X did not work out for me today.  I ended up shooting 79 (averaging 78.3 this year), but the greenside feel was below average.  Holes 9 and 10 I ended up having horrible two chips/two putts from decent locations because I couldn't get enough spin on the Snell to get it to stop near the hole.  I ended up switching back to the Pro V1x on the 14th hole after I lost the Snell on a tee shot.  From there I went +1 on the last 4 holes with old reliable.

I may use the Snell for a 2nd test during a practice round again, but it won't be gamed for a meaningful round anytime soon.  It's not necessarily a bad ball, but for me it didn't reach the level of a Pro V1x.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 10.5°, Kai'li Red X
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, Evnroll Tourtac grip

On 6/13/2023 at 6:37 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

At 7:53 am CEST our little baby Audrey Quinn was born. 

Both her and mom are in great health. She is super tiny being 46 cm long and 2.5 kg. 

Ivan will meet her Ina few short hours, but has been such an incredible and special morning. One I will never forget 🙂

PXL_20230613_082539537.jpg

Congratulations! I'm sure she'll be a "Daddy's Girl" soon!

B

16 hours ago, Rickp said:

Happy Thursday morning!  No golf Gkids still here couple more days.  Nice rain thunderstorms last night, we need the rain.  
Gdaughter HAS to take golf in her Sophomore year in the fall.  Part of her college business class, never heard that b4.  Took them to driving net at golf course after a short session in back yard with golf wiffle balls.  They were hitting the ball pretty well.  They want more today.

After my daughter has her initial interview and was moved on to an owner review the first questions were:

Do you golf?

What's your handicap?

3rd question:

What kind of beer do you drink?

Only questions owners asked.  Her answers all quality and she was hired!

B

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

Man, have to be careful with concussions.  Especially at our age😁

As long as it didn’t kill me, getting hit in the head is probably less painful than anywhere else.  Getting hit on the elbow 12 years ago at my old course was very painful.  

IMG_0006.jpeg.380330732e1fed74486290c14f3286b5.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, BKervin said:

After my daughter has her initial interview and was moved on to an owner review the first questions were:

Do you golf?

What's your handicap?

3rd question:

What kind of beer do you drink?

Only questions owners asked.  Her answers all quality and she was hired!

Huh, that’s interesting, especially the beer question.

Rick

Left Hand, 

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

As long as it didn’t kill me, getting hit in the head is probably less painful than anywhere else.  Getting hit on the elbow 12 years ago at my old course was very painful.  

IMG_0006.jpeg.380330732e1fed74486290c14f3286b5.jpeg

That’s pretty nasty.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

Good Morning All, 

The youngest woke up with a fever, so the stay-cation starts a day earlier than planned. Have a great Friday!

Hope the little one feels better. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test