The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, Josh Parker said:

Good morning and happy Friday!

Looking forward to a couple rounds this weekend but I need to make it thru today first.  I have enjoyed being busier this past month and looking forward to what is ahead.  

Hope everyone has a great day!

That is it! I am trying a different k-cup!

At the end of the day, we are just sinners.

RB3

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

1. he “can” win again since he is still playing golf.   I don’t think it is likely.

2. your swing is consistent; your results arent

3. the state of the items used to make your coffee changes on a day to day basis so the coffee will be different day to day.  

I am going to make sure I share with my son on the swing. As far as coffee, it is a work in progress. 

At the end of the day, we are just sinners.

RB3

1 hour ago, tdc1 said:

Good early afternoon, y’all!

Still on the bench as Covid works its way through my system.  Hoping for a solo round on Sunday.

In the meantime, watching the Senior Open at Carnoustie which brings back a lot of memories.  I started to play golf in 1990 (almost 40 y.o.).  In late September 1998 I got to play at Carnoustie — hotel still under construction for 1999 Open but course prep already underway.  The first 5 holes played in questionable conditions, the next 8 holes played in sideways rain, and the last 5 in glorious Fall sunshine.  Undoubtedly the hardest course I’ve ever played (and not made any easier by the weather or yanking my opening tee shot OB).  Still, made par on #18 and got around in 9 fewer strokes than I did at the Old Course a couple of days before.  I credit the caddie (walked on as a single at the OC and didn’t have a caddie but that’s another story).

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

IMG_0301.jpeg.fb7276d0f6a86aaaf16a6575cecaa3a3.jpeg

IMG_0300.jpeg.21a4092a272715562ad5fbba324f7c17.jpeg

You're braver than I am to attempt Car-Nasty. That SSS 74 tells you all you need to know: That course is fricking HARD. 

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

5 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

You're braver than I am to attempt Car-Nasty. That SSS 74 tells you all you need to know: That course is fricking HARD. 

At the time I was still too new to the game to understand what I was getting into!

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Good morning fellow spies and happy Friday! This is my last day of work for a week as we took the entire week off next week for our yearly summer vacation. We are doing a bit of a staycation again this year, where we have different activities planned during the week but will come back home each night to have the boys sleep in their own beds. We are starting off with dinner tonight with some friends to celebrate my wife's birthday, then nothing planned yet for tomorrow. Sunday we are taking the boys to the Kalahari hotel and waterpark in the Dells, then will come back home Monday evening after playing in the waterparks for a couple days and go from there.

I have a Dr. appointment this morning at 10:40. I noticed Wednesday at dinner I was having some pain swallowing. It isn't the usual sore throat, and it has somewhat progressed since then to where I will swallow, have some pain in my throat and then it moves into my chest. Figure it's better to see someone now than just wait it out in case it is something that can be cured with an antibiotic. Never had esophageal pain before, so just playing it safe. 

Hope everyone has a great day and wonderful weekend! 

Hope the appointment goes well and all us clear!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

22 minutes ago, tdc1 said:

At the time I was still too new to the game to understand what I was getting into!

Old Course kicked my butt, but I think that was largely due to sleep deprivation after staying up all night to get a singles tee time. I didn't think it was as difficult as Royal Dornoch, which is much more undulating. Cruden Bay puts them both to shame.

Good Afternoon/Happy Hour fellas!

I have attached a free loyalty rewards signup which can only be redeemed this weekend! Please take action so you don’t miss out on FREE PINS AND ACES rewards. In other news, I took my lesson today and had quite an interesting assessment. I am looking forward to working on consistently hitting a fade with my irons. Pay attention now, I will keep everyone in the loop whether you want to be or not! 😂

- TK

22 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

@fixyurdivot throw some extra Power Aid in the cooler this morning. You don't want dehydration to derail your chances for the win today. 

I have been mixing a packet of Propel into 64 oz thermo-jug I picked up at Goodwill a few years ago.  Fill it about 1/2 with ice and water and it's cold and refreshing. On these hot summer days, I pretty much finish that off and a couple of 16 oz cups of water and ice I refill at the turns.  It's crazy how much fluid goes in and how little comes out 😆.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.  My partner and I won our match 2 and 1, but we ended up tied on all matches.  Unfortunately Jennifer could not play today and our pro lost his match 😭.

Edited by fixyurdivot

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 hour ago, tdc1 said:

I’ve told this story many times, maybe even elsewhere on an MGS forum page, so apologies if this is repetitious.  Also, I don’t tell it lightly (those of you like @ILMgolfnut that sat up all night to get out as a single will understand shortly).

I was on sabbatical in Dublin during the Fall of 1998 (16 weeks altogether).  Over a long Bank Holiday weekend I booked a trip to St. Andrew’s.  I had confirmed tee times for the Jubilee Course and Carnoustie but not the Old Course.  When my flight from Dublin landed in Edinburgh it was pouring down rain.  I got my rental car and headed for St. Andrew’s.  About halfway there the rain stopped, and by the time I got to St. Andrew’s it was a perfectly clear, blue sky.  I skipped checking into my B&B and drove straight the Old Course to ask about getting out as a single sometime over the next few days.  The gentleman in the starter’s hut asked if I had clubs.  I told that they were in the car.  He said to go get them.  In less than 30 minutes from arriving in town, I was teeing off on the Old Course!  I was the fourth member with a guy from California who had played the course before and two Swedes.  I had no time to arrange a caddie of my own but the guys carrrying for the Swedes were very generous with advice for which I tipped them nicely.

Somewhere in Sweden there is a picture of me in a pot bunker with my head almost above the lip.  I remember all six of us laughing so hard as I tried to figure out what to do.

Please don’t hate on me for being so lucky — I fully appreciate how fortunate I was!

I've heard that was possible, maybe even still is, but you have to catch them at just the right time. It's kind of a shame that they've eliminated the overnight line; you apply the previous day for any open spots in foursomes the next day. In a way I was lucky. There were eight openings on the tee sheet for October 26 (which happens to be my birthday -- that was quite intentional on my part) when I checked the previous afternoon. I could have probably gotten some sleep, even though my B&B was 15 miles away, showed up around 5 or 5:15 am and gotten a tee time. But I wanted to make absolutely sure I got on. So until 4 am, I WAS the line. But if they'd been booked solid, I would have been out of luck. Probably would have played the New Course that day instead.

Edited by ILMgolfnut