Just want to ask: how do you keep your golf equipment organized and tidy during the winter?

Jimmy Wilson

2 hours ago, Jimmy Wilson said:

If you have three troublemakers at home, where would you put your golf equipment?

I am lucky and keep all my gear and extra clubs etc at my work in my office. 

If I was to have it all at home I would put it in my home office and garage. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I’m lucky to have a “hobby” corner in my garage with a work bench and my other toys so they live in the same spot year round. If I was worried about the kids messing with them maybe I’d keep them in the boiler room? 😪

:taylormade-small:Super Burner 2.0 10.5*

:cobra-small: Fly-Z hybrid 17.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 5 wood 24*

:edel-golf-1: SMS 4-GW

:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 60*, SM8 54*

:odyssey-small: Versa 1 putter

2023 Tested: Edel SMS Irons

Yea all my equipment in the winter stays in te basement. I take the battery out of the range finder and clean everything.

in season the clubs don’t leave the car. On a whim i could go play early morning or afternoon after work.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

My cart stays in the garage out of the way but everything else is in the man cave part of the basement in a golf bag stand. Same way year round.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Fortunately having troublemakers around is over for me. They are all young adults. Currently I have three sets in my attached garage by my simulator as well as the Motocaadddy. There are another three sets out in my shed along with an outdoor hitting mat chipping board and a pushcart. Back in the day of troublemakers they were all out in a large, detached garage. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I’ve got a closet underneath the stairs to our lower level that all of our clubs stay in during the winter. We just moved into our current home in December but so far the kids have left it alone unless I am in there fiddling with something, then they ask to see them or have their clubs. A strong “no swinging golf clubs” policy has been enacted in our house 😂

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

28 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Fortunately having troublemakers around is over for me. They are all young adults. Currently I have three sets in my attached garage by my simulator as well as the Motocaadddy. There are another three sets out in my shed along with an outdoor hitting mat chipping board and a pushcart. Back in the day of troublemakers they were all out in a large, detached garage. 

Show off 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

We keep them in a heated/cooled storage space in the basement all year. Leaving them in a garage in Georgia winter/summers is no bueno. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Show off 😂

Hey, By the way keep your clubs out of the trunk of your car. I know you are in chilly territory, but the summer still get pretty hot. If the outside temperature is hovering around 100* the inside of your trunk or car will be at around 150*.  The darker the color of your car the higher the temperature. The epoxy that holds the head to the shaft can start breaking down. I've seen a few heads fly off over the years. Not mine, but others. If I'm forced to keep my clubs in the trunk because I'm playing right after work, I always keep the windows cracked by about 2 inches. But they come out of the car after I get home. I tried to ingrain this in my son, but kids think they know better. I just had to fix two of his clubs because the ferrules started coming out. He left his clubs in the trunk of his black charger all summer. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

38 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Hey, By the way keep your clubs out of the trunk of your car. I know you are in chilly territory, but the summer still get pretty hot. If the outside temperature is hovering around 100* the inside of your trunk or car will be at around 150*.  The darker the color of your car the higher the temperature. The epoxy that holds the head to the shaft can start breaking down. I've seen a few heads fly off over the years. Not mine, but others. If I'm forced to keep my clubs in the trunk because I'm playing right after work, I always keep the windows cracked by about 2 inches. But they come out of the car after I get home. I tried to ingrain this in my son, but kids think they know better. I just had to fix two of his clubs because the ferrules started coming out. He left his clubs in the trunk of his black charger all summer. 

I resorted to carrying my bag in and out of work on Tuesdays last summer when I would go straight to a scramble league because I didn't want to leave them in the bed of my truck. I've got a black tonneau cover, black rubber skid mat and spray in bed liner. I've also got my irons +1, so extra epoxy that could break down and create additional problems. I know guys who leave them in the car year round here in WI and we get some extreme temperature swings. 

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Well crap....didnt think of this.....

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

5 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Yup I have seen this as well... not a fun sight and sucks for the person it happens to. I have also seen grips get all weird due to just being so freaking hot. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Yup I have seen this as well... not a fun sight and sucks for the person it happens to. I have also seen grips get all weird due to just being so freaking hot. 

Ferrules for me have gotten loose due to keeping the clubs in my trunk for a long period of time. Now I try to keep it to no more than a couple of days, max. 

In the winter, everything goes in my upstairs closet where it slumbers awaiting spring. My local range just opened a few days ago, so we're getting very close for my bag to wake up.

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Halo XL 5i-DW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:EVNROLL: ER5 
:maxfli: Tour S

Mine are kept in my closet in my office so that they stay nice and warm and toasty.

Driver: PXG_Logo.png.07030e120a51c10eb65f7ad3be845c3e.png2022 0211 RH 10.5 Driver ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5
             Grips:  jumboMaxlogo.png.ae9019f7923acd6fd8175b922fe3cb54.pngJMX Ultralite
3 Wood:  PXG_Logo.png.07030e120a51c10eb65f7ad3be845c3e.png.717b4a2d90d83434eec8f195776f94e9.png2022 0211 RH 3 Wood EvenFlow Riptide CB 50g 5.5
Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.07030e120a51c10eb65f7ad3be845c3e.png.717b4a2d90d83434eec8f195776f94e9.png2022 0211 RH 19 Hybrid MCA Tensei AV Raw Blue Hybrid 75 - R
Irons: PXG_Logo.png.07030e120a51c10eb65f7ad3be845c3e.png.717b4a2d90d83434eec8f195776f94e9.png0211-V3-CHR-Irons 4-LW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 60 A- Parallel
           Grips:  GolfPride.pngCP2 Pro Jumbo
Backups:  PXG_Logo.png.07030e120a51c10eb65f7ad3be845c3e.png.717b4a2d90d83434eec8f195776f94e9.png0311XF Irons 4-LW w/ KBS TGI 80
                Grips:  jumboMax logo.pngJMX Ultralite

Putter:  TM Logo.pngSpider Tour Black 2020 35" Putter Golf Club w/ Super Stroke
Ball:  default_bridgestone-small.png B RX
Gloves:  PXG_Logo.png.07030e120a51c10eb65f7ad3be845c3e.png.717b4a2d90d83434eec8f195776f94e9.pngMens Player's Glove
              RedRooster.pngRain Rooster
Shoes: adidaslogo.PNG Codechaos 22 Boa
Training Aids:  lagshotlogo.pngTriple Threat Combo Swing Training Aids (Driver,7i, Wedge)
                         axius core logo.pngCore Fitness Program
Puchcart:   clicgear.PNG 3.5+ w/ conversion for:

•   alphardLogo.pngClub Booster V2
  •  alphardLogo.png.82fee6eeb1561a22aa6f54d6343a4841.png TFS
  •   alphardLogo.png.82fee6eeb1561a22aa6f54d6343a4841.pngCB Sidekick

Some stay strapped to my golf cart in the garage (it's heated), some in a Hogan staff bag by the perfect practice putting mat in the basement, then another 2 or 3 bags with random clubs lined up in the garage in travel bags so they don't get dusty.  One stand bag stays open so I can mix and match whatever clubs I want to grab if I go to a simulator.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I keep mine in the bedroom closet where they sit in a climate controlled environment. I used to keep mine in the trunk of my car at all times until I went to get some hybrids regripped and the fitter mentioned how rough the temperature fluctuations can be on your clubs.

Not troublemakers but SWMBO "encourages" me to keep my clubs in my vehicle.  Experience with tinted windows and in earlier life station wagons, my SUV has privacy glass and the golfbag rests completely in the space between the backseat and backdoor and covered so peeping eyes detect nothing.  With my Clicgear in a rolling bag and shoes, umbrellas, towels, balls, and sundries tucked in, I always have what I need for golf when I get to golf, even on an impulse.  

Experience with tinting started when I put a thermometer in my second black station wagon and saw temp of 157F in summer sunshine, reduced to 145F with back windows down an inch, I installed limousine black tinting legally (only back door windows and around the back) and interior temp never got above 107F  windows closed and parking the back to the sun it was cooler yet.  Current vehicle privacy glass has the same sunlight stopping properties minimizing what passes through the glass to warm interior surfaces.  I also from habit park front away from the sun.  Thinking of adding Vent Shades I saw at a Pep Boys yesterday for this summer, maybe with end of the month paycheck. 🤔

Still warnings about hot clubs parting when used requires precautions: windows down as soon as the vehicle starts to dump the hot air, closed as soon as air conditioning comes through the dash vents to exhaust at the back of vehicle where the cabin exhaust vent is located and arriving at the course, backdoors and lift door open and a leisurely setup of push cart/loading onto golf cart, rain cover off and putting the whole bag into shade while getting shoes on, paying for round/checking in, talking smack talk with everyone (who does that right?) and to date no clubhead has left the shaft and ferules have stayed put. 

Interesting points about grips though, thinking about getting new ones, maybe. 😉

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~25 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind. ⛳ 
MGSlogoTinyNB.png.fa77eb3941d9cd5773ab070e0e4ccaa3.png WITB ( That's Linked ⚡ as is everything underlined )
|> Big Dogs: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max D (10.5)Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)
|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  
|> Chipper: Orlimar Escape (37)  Orlimar_Primary_Logo_Salmon_320x.png.74cc40a4a89b9e98905e4cba5c6d8337.png
|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 
|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:
⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  
💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder
295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor    1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 
Tester⛳logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳:Inesis: ⛳1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg⛳:redrooster: ⛳LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg ⛳ :callaway-small: ⛳GhostLogo.png.ccde624eb7cfea2672f0b34eb8fca132.png

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳
If it wasn't for inconsistency, I would have no consistency in my game! 🏌️‍♂️

Kids are grown and out of the house so no issue there.  When they were little I got them their own clubs and we played a par three course from time to time, they had no interest in my clubs because they didn't fit their game.

I find that playing all winter and cleaning equipment when I'm done works best for me to keep things clean and tidy, lol.  I live in the PNW and am blessed in that I can play golf year round provided I don't mind cold rain and mud.  My clubs live in the garage.

Tour Edge Exotics

Cleveland

Odyssey

When they were young, they were taught not to touch daddy’s clubs. I guess I just had good kids because it was never an issue. 

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65TX
Titleist TSR2 15º -  LAGP Tour AXS Blu 70X
PING iCrossover 3i - PING Tour Chrome 2.0 X
Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper 
Mizuno T22 47.5º, 52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

One of my three troublemakers had a bad habit of marking his territory, especially if the weather was bad, so clubs are stored on a bench in the garage.  They might spend a few days in the trunk if I'm playing often.  

I didn't get into golf until my other three troublemakers were a little older but closet, garage, or basement (whichever was most "tucked away") were my go-to's.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

I went to the local pool/billards store and bought a pool stick holder. It works pretty well. 20211101_093520.jpg.5db34222bbda1b471c070c82145a1d51.jpg

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

20230410_184140.jpg.8c43b782776539a9e17d974c13eb7096.jpg

My toddlers organization skills are ummmm... something. 

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver