Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Have You Built Recently?

18 hours ago, Fred Mitchell said:

updates lol

I built the clubs last night.  I'll try to get some pictures today.

• Callaway Epic Flash Tour Certified - 8.5° with MCA Tensei Raw AV White 70 Gram Tour X - Tipped 1" - Set to N / -1
  • Callaway AiSmoke Triple Diamond - 15* 3-wood - Project X Denali 6.5 flex shaft - Set to N/S
  • Titleist TS2 Hybrid (18°) with MCA Tensei White AV 80X shaft - C1 setting
  • Taylormade P7MC (2020) Irons - 4-9 (Standard L/L) with Tour Issue X100 Shafts at +5/8"
  • Taylormade MG4 48.09SB TI X100 and 52.09SB / 56.12SB / 60.07LBV wedges with DG TI Onyx Black X100 Shafts at +5/8"
  • Golf Pride ZGRIP Plus2 on irons and wedges (plus fairway) / Lamkin ST Hybrid Midsize on Driver / Hybrid
  • Sik DW (2.0) C Series Putter in black finish (36") with Sik Golf Black Pistol
  • Balls: Mostly Maxfli Tour

Here are the newly built clubs. Grips are all finished now and will be ready for my wife to use them tomorrow. 31c6152803c01cf6ed4a74a6c005c25e.jpgbb6aabcc725d21b14ba91ec2e3986b22.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Callaway Epic Flash Tour Certified - 8.5° with MCA Tensei Raw AV White 70 Gram Tour X - Tipped 1" - Set to N / -1
  • Callaway AiSmoke Triple Diamond - 15* 3-wood - Project X Denali 6.5 flex shaft - Set to N/S
  • Taylormade P7MC (2020) Irons - 4-9 (Standard L/L) with Tour Issue X100 Shafts at +5/8"
  • Taylormade MG4 48.09SB TI X100 and 52.09SB / 56.12SB / 60.07LBV wedges with DG TI Onyx Black X100 Shafts at +5/8"
  • Golf Pride ZGRIP Plus2 on irons and wedges (plus fairway) / Lamkin ST Hybrid Midsize on Driver / Hybrid

On 5/26/2023 at 3:03 PM, Torden Golf said:

Thanks very much or the compliment, much appreciated. I do have a 42 inch belt machine, and I guess that just does make it go that bit slower. I also have used the white linen belts and they turn the ferrule down very fast. And also found that little frayed bits form and actually leave a “strike” on the ferrule as well.

I actually use a firm linen belt, just purchased from GolfWorks, and for me I find that to work best. Then a bit of acetone to make them shine.

So if you had the white linen belt I would definitely recommend trying the firm one: https://www.golfworks.com/durabrite-felt-ferrule-turning-belt/p/gm1083/

Do you use a ferrule turning arm? I'm in the same boat with the 1x30 belt and struggle with ferrules. I do use the blue felt belt, but any other tips?

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

6 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

Do you use a ferrule turning arm? I'm in the same boat with the 1x30 belt and struggle with ferrules. I do use the blue felt belt, but any other tips?

I have a 42” belt so guess it turns just that little bit slower, and therefore easier to not burn the ferrule.

But, yes, I do also have an arm on the machine (Golf Mechanix shaft cutter and ferrule machine) that you can rest the club in. Only modification is that I put some felt in the guides as I found it left marks on steel shafts.

Technique wise:

1) You need to keep the ferrule turnng at all times. I use the club head as a leaver to rotate the club at a constant rotation.

2) I press in a little bit more firmly at the beginning to get the ferrule down flush to the size of the hosel.

3) Finally I’ll back the ferrule off so that it’s just ever so slightly touching the belt and rotate the club a little quicker. This will usually make the ferrule quite a bit smoother, like a finer sandpaper sort of thing.

4) Finally use acetone up and down the ferrule, 90º opposed to the way the belt would have been running. This will give the ferrule that high-gloss finish. I use a soft cloth and get it wet and then brush it against the ferrule, with basically no pressure at all. Like you’re lightly dusting it.

You need to let them set for a few seconds for the plastic to re-harden. In the final club cleanup phase I’ll use another soft cloth and rotate the ferrule in it again.

After all that they look significantly better than any ferrule I’ve seen on an OEM finished product.

Hope that helps.

Driver:titleist-small: TSR2 9º with TPT Nitro Driver 17 Hi

Fairway #1: :titleist-small: TSR2 15º with TPT Power Fairway 17 Hi

Fairway #2: :titleist-small: TSR2 21º with TPT Power Fairway 17 Hi

Utility: :titleist-small: T200 Utility Build 3i (20º) with TPT Power Hybrid 16 Hi

Irons: :titleist-small: T100 (4-PW) with UST Mamiya DART V 105 F4

Irons (Special Ocassions)::Miura: MC-502 (4-PW) with UST Mamiya DART V 105 F4

Wedges:vokey-small: SM10 Jet Black (50.08 F, 56.08 M, 60.04 T) with UST Mamiya DART V 105 F4

Putter:L.A.B.: MEZZ.1 MAX Counterbalance with TPT

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 X or :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Other: :Arccos: Gen 3+ Smart Sensors (Smoke)

• 4 weeks later...

Havent built anything recently, but we are looking at moving to a new house which has a full garage, back shed and much more. If we end up doing this or getting the place there will be a slew of equipment being purchased for building clubs as well as a lot more fun with a potential sim etc! Stay tuned and fingers crossed!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Havent built anything recently, but we are looking at moving to a new house which has a full garage, back shed and much more. If we end up doing this or getting the place there will be a slew of equipment being purchased for building clubs as well as a lot more fun with a potential sim etc! Stay tuned and fingers crossed!

I'm trying to figure out what's the minimum equipment I'd need to build clubs as my garage isn't as big as I'd hoped when I decided to move here and buy a place. I have a nice 10' long base cabinets and counter, so work space is there. Just need the right equipment.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

There are a few good sites which have setup stations as packages. Golfworks would be the first one that comes to mind!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

A set of Maltby KE4 Max irons with Xcaliber RT (rapid taper) shafts.  

IMG_20221122_182743.jpg.d94f38de0fdbea833b8260b511a8f2d5.jpg

IMG_20221122_182831.jpg

IMG_20221122_182448.jpg

What's In the Bag

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° driver w/stiff Xcaliber Avalon 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-wood w/stiff Xcaliber Mystic 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-hybrid w/stiff Xcaliber RT shafts shaft
Malby KE4 Max irons with reg Xcaliber RT shafts
Callaway Jaws full toe 60° wedge with Project X Catalyst 80 wedge graphite shaft
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 CH stroke lab putter
Callaway Org 14 bag

I'm not over the hill.  I'm on the back nine.

Success and failure - new to this. 

success: put a TM mini driver in a Tensei blue five wood shaft. Thing is a rocket launcher for me. Use it off the tee and fairway. Has replaced my driver and three wood. 

failure:

in an attempt to replicate this magic, tried to put a titleist driver adapter on a 3 wood shaft using only a heat gun and pliers (amateur hour). Ruined 3 shafts in the process. 
expensive mistake. 

On 6/13/2023 at 8:37 AM, DeBartola_B said:

Has anyone done any sort of club refurbishing?  Or any tips of setting up clubs for 8-12 years from an adult set?  Thanks in advance.

Try soaking them overnight in either vinegar or Coke (prefer vinegar a, but Coke good for rust). Heck, maybe do both depending on condition, then clean up with Simple Green, then good polish like Flitz.   Then you can repaint with enamel paint pens for model paint.

Strange is just a different point of view

I made a big mistake this time around.  I've always regripped my own clubs and have always used Winn or Golf Pride grips.  This time (for whatever reason) I decided to go cheap... and paid the price.  I bought a Starlize kit with 13 grips, tapes, activator, etc.

Everything about them reeked of "cheap!"  and they were very difficult to work with.  I almost ruined two grips because they didn't slide onto the shaft easily and got stuck halfway.  The other problem was, if you get any of the activator fluid on the grip all the colors start smearing and running together.  NEVER AGAIN!

I'll probably finish out this season with these grips but I'll most likely regrip my clubs again in the off-season with quality grips.

I have parts on order. I am building a new set of Maltby's.  7-GW. and a 6 Hybrid from Cobra. The Maltby set is the KE4 Max. I am pairing with a NS Pro Zelos 8 Shaft Set (light weight steel) cut to +3/4", and Mid Size GP CPX  grips.   I am planning to replace (sell) a set of 5-GW Maltby STi2 irons with Score LT Shafts (standard length), and Mid Size GP MCC+4 grips. I like the STi2s, but I wanted a lighter shaft (but not Graphite) and longer. (I am 6'4") and my wtf measurements suggest 1/2 to 1" longer than standard depending on who you ask. I have everything else, but the shafts are arriving today. I will build them tonight.  

ma0337__22378.jpg

WITB; VLS Driver, Srixon ZX 3 wood, Snake Eyes 3, 4 and 5 hybrids, TA Irons, Callaway Jaws High toe 54 and 58, Cobra Agera Armlock Putter. Trust Aurora Golf Balls. 

I've been playing the Tour Edge C721 driver with the factory installed regular flex Ventus shaft. At 72, I put my ego aside and bought the Ventus senior flex shaft and the appropriate adapter and butt trimmed it down to a comfortable 44 1/2" total length. I easily added 10 yards to my drives with tighter dispersion. I enjoyed the outcome so much I'm going to toy around with other drivers I have to see the outcome. Try it folks.

3 hours ago, burnsie said:

I made a big mistake this time around.  I've always regripped my own clubs and have always used Winn or Golf Pride grips.  This time (for whatever reason) I decided to go cheap... and paid the price.  I bought a Starlize kit with 13 grips, tapes, activator, etc.

Everything about them reeked of "cheap!"  and they were very difficult to work with.  I almost ruined two grips because they didn't slide onto the shaft easily and got stuck halfway.  The other problem was, if you get any of the activator fluid on the grip all the colors start smearing and running together.  NEVER AGAIN!

I'll probably finish out this season with these grips but I'll most likely regrip my clubs again in the off-season with quality grips.

That sucks. I recently switched from GP MCC to Lamkin UTx corded. Could not be happier. If you looking to make a change to another manufacture, I would highly recommend them. Golf Works has them for around $10ish a grip. 

D-  Titleist  TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

5w - Titleist TSI w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB - Titleist TSi 21* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

Irons - 4-PW Takomo 101T w/ KBS Tour Stiff 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 52/10 56/12 60/8 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

Ball - Sirxon Z Star XV

On 8/30/2023 at 10:48 AM, Shrek74 said:

I'm trying to figure out what's the minimum equipment I'd need to build clubs as my garage isn't as big as I'd hoped when I decided to move here and buy a place. I have a nice 10' long base cabinets and counter, so work space is there. Just need the right equipment.

So for re-griping and minor club repair, 

VIce 

Rubber club clamp

Double sided grip tape

Mineral spirits / lighter fluid 

Razor blade / utility knife 

Liquid steel bonding (for club re-shaft / repair)

Ferrules (Golf Works is prolly the best for this)  

All this is easily available at PGA SS, Golf Galaxy, The Golf Works or Amazon. Don't go cheap on the vice. Home Depot / Menards / Lowes will have a ton of options. Make sure to get an adjustable base if at all possible. 

Have fun! 

D-  Titleist  TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

5w - Titleist TSI w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB - Titleist TSi 21* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

Irons - 4-PW Takomo 101T w/ KBS Tour Stiff 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 52/10 56/12 60/8 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

Ball - Sirxon Z Star XV

On 8/30/2023 at 10:48 AM, Shrek74 said:

I ran out to the garage and gathered some of the items I use most often, as far as hardware goes. This is kinda what I'm working with. I'm able to do mostly everything besides loft/lie adjustments, just waiting to find a machine for a good price. I'm considering picking up a little organizer for odds and ends like ferrules, grips, adapters, etc. Right now, all of the smaller golf building "material" is thrown in a tote.

IMG-3696.jpg.9d50002d60da27c6a148f6afeb37bbc1.jpg

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

1 minute ago, TSauer said:

I ran out to the garage and gathered some of the items I use most often, as far as hardware goes. This is kinda what I'm working with. I'm able to do mostly everything besides loft/lie adjustments, just waiting to find a machine for a good price. I'm considering picking up a little organizer for odds and ends like ferrules, grips, adapters, etc. Right now, all of the smaller golf building "material" is thrown in a tote.

IMG-3696.jpg.9d50002d60da27c6a148f6afeb37bbc1.jpg

This is awesome, thank you!

Is the Maltby a shaft puller? I have a shaft cutter just like yours and use a kitchen torch to heat heads for removal and any other heating I need. Have you tried cutting graphite with the little cutter? I have a set of graphite shafts to build with new 0211DC heads I picked up and was curious to know if that can cut graphite like steel.

I use this (https://www.ebay.com/itm/333980672002) with the yellow aluminum ruler for measuring clubs. Seems to be pretty spot on, plus it has the ability to help measure swing weight using one of the online calculators. Might be helpful to you.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g

12 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

This is awesome, thank you!

Is the Maltby a shaft puller? I have a shaft cutter just like yours and use a kitchen torch to heat heads for removal and any other heating I need. Have you tried cutting graphite with the little cutter? I have a set of graphite shafts to build with new 0211DC heads I picked up and was curious to know if that can cut graphite like steel.

I use this (https://www.ebay.com/itm/333980672002) with the yellow aluminum ruler for measuring clubs. Seems to be pretty spot on, plus it has the ability to help measure swing weight using one of the online calculators. Might be helpful to you.

Yeah, the Maltby is a shaft puller. I don't use it for steel, mainly just graphite shafts. It clamps right into the vice. As far as cutting graphite, I use a standard hacksaw with a Rod Saw Blade that is made for graphite. I used the pipe cutter once and quickly realized it was the wrong move for graphite, it will get the job done, but it will tear the fibers. I'm probably going to pick up this cut-off saw from Harbor Freight to replace the hacksaw. It seems to be the perfect size and price lol.

IMG-3698.jpg.60ae3351b74667090a49c3350c297b95.jpg

Also, thanks for the link, I've been meaning to grab one of those!

4 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Yeah, the Maltby is a shaft puller. I don't use it for steel, mainly just graphite shafts. It clamps right into the vice. As far as cutting graphite, I use a standard hacksaw with a Rod Saw Blade that is made for graphite. I used the pipe cutter once and quickly realized it was the wrong move for graphite, it will get the job done, but it will tear the fibers. I'm probably going to pick up this cut-off saw from Harbor Freight to replace the hacksaw. It seems to be the perfect size and price lol.

IMG-3698.jpg.60ae3351b74667090a49c3350c297b95.jpg

Also, thanks for the link, I've been meaning to grab one of those!

That saw looks great for this exact need and can even replace your steel pipe cutter. I'd imagine there are various types of blades to get to make both easier to cut. For that price I'd say it's likely worth it.

2 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

That saw looks great for this exact need and can even replace your steel pipe cutter. I'd imagine there are various types of blades to get to make both easier to cut. For that price I'd say it's likely worth it.

For sure! And Harbor Freight loves sending coupons, so I'm sure I could even get it for less. I know there are certain blades, don't know the specifics, but last time I checked they cost like one Abe Lincoln.

No pictures but recently finished building about 150 various golf clubs (iron sets, wedges, individual irons, drivers, etc.) to give to the club drive for the First Tee that my home course sponsors. 

I ran across a fire sale of used and unused club heads, shafts, etc., at an estate auction and just couldn't pass it up.  Apparently the deceased fellow was a bit of a club builder himself, but the widow had no use for his materials and just wanted to get rid of them.  Sold everything as a "lot"!  Beyond the modest cost of the lot, all I had to provide was epoxy, ferrels, some grips, and I must admit, quite a few hours of my time.

It was a hoot rolling up to the donation site with the back of my SUV loaded to the gills with the clubs!!!

Latest build for myself. Miura MC-502 (4-PW) irons and Vokey SM9 wedges. KBS Tour Custom Black 120 Stiff shafts, Golf Price MCC Plus4 grips. Finished off with some very nice BB&F Co ferrules. First simulator session with the tonight so crossing my fingers they're awesome!

IMG_2383.jpeg.b6a4aec80bd1d81006afda7a13c65106.jpegIMG_2382.jpeg.4780506c29ee2b4eb4bafa2a24d34f52.jpeg

Utility: :titleist-small: T200 Utility Build 3i (20º) with TPT Power Hybrid 16 Hi

Wedges:vokey-small: SM10 Jet Black (50.08 F, 56.08 M, 60.04 T) with UST Mamiya DART V 105 F4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 7:44 PM, Torden Golf said:

Latest build for myself. Miura MC-502 (4-PW) irons and Vokey SM9 wedges. KBS Tour Custom Black 120 Stiff shafts, Golf Price MCC Plus4 grips. Finished off with some very nice BB&F Co ferrules. First simulator session with the tonight so crossing my fingers they're awesome!

IMG_2383.jpeg.b6a4aec80bd1d81006afda7a13c65106.jpegIMG_2382.jpeg.4780506c29ee2b4eb4bafa2a24d34f52.jpeg

Those look sweet!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

• 4 weeks later...
Just took an inch off my driver shaft, took my old driver shaft and had if cut down for my 5wood and took my old 5wood shaft and had it cut down for my 9wood. Just took my clubs in yesterday to get this work done. My hope is to stiffen up these shafts and have more club head control. 

let me know your thoughts???
If your woods have adjustable weights, you should experiment with lead tape to find out how much more weight you need to add. I bought Billy Bob's heaviest weight (19g) for the Callaway Epic Flash, and that plus 3/4" off my driver shaft (Tensei Whte 70 TX already tipped 1") has helped my nasty left pull turn into a fairly consistent and controlled fade.

Not building anything, but have a question and think you folks would know.

I have an Odyssey putter that I want to adjust the lie angle on to be more upright. I had originally asked this question to Odyssey support, and they responded that it's not recommended due to the "counter weight balancing system". I assumed this is just them covering their butts in case I break it adjusting the lie angle?

I just want to adjust it 2° upright I believe, is that possible or not a good idea?

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

Can’t see why it wouldn’t be a good idea. Counter balancing would be impacted more by the length of the club changing. Technically a lie change will effect length also, but by such an imperceptible amount.

I posted this in the "What Have You Bought Lately?" thread, but I'm loving the MMT 125TX buildout I just did with my Mizuno Pro 223s.  I hit some great iron shots yesterday, including a 6 iron from 190 yards that landed w/in 1' of its ball mark from deep rough...and fought the wind to stay within 10' of my start line right at the pin.  Of course, I uncharacteristically missed the birdie putt (seriously, putting is normally my strongest area of gameplay).  I think my 4 and 5 iron need some tweaking as they're a bit harder to control the fade spin right now, but I can also send those high and far when I get them just right.  Hit a couple of 220 yard 4 irons on the range before my son and I went out for a quick 9 holes after work yesterday.

• 2 months later...