New level golf new releases

Owengeorge13

Three new iron releases from new level.  The 480db is not for sale yet.  I reached out to new level for comment on the 480db, they said it would be a 902os replacement, but it will come one degree weaker in loft then the 902os.  The whole 480 lineup have a “added weight port, for internal swing weight purposes.”  I’m very interested in the 902os, I’ll be waiting for the release of the 480db first.  I don’t want buyers remorse…

IMG_3045.jpeg

🙃

I looked at them last season when I was checking out a bunch of new GI irons .. unfortunately, to me, their offering in that category was decidedly underwhelming...

But their other irons are very sharp looking!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

13 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

I looked at them last season when I was checking out a bunch of new GI irons .. unfortunately, to me, their offering in that category was decidedly underwhelming...

But their other irons are very sharp looking!!

There gi22 iron didn’t move the needle for me either.  I did have a chance to hit a friends 902os.  I wouldn’t call them oversized one bit.  They seemed to be the exact same size as TM p790.  They might go on sale very soon!

🙃

They look like decent clubs and have performed well in the past in MGS testing but I will never support this company unfortunately. I cannot back the owner and the way he comports himself on social media under his brand's name no less.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Steven Alker won the opening PGA Tour Champions event with the 480TC's in the bag. Chez Reavie has the 480's in play too, although I don't recall the model or models exactly.

I'll be curious about the DB as well, as the Gi's aren't my cup of tea but these new DB's look pretty sweet.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

On 1/22/2024 at 9:05 PM, FrogginBullfish said:

They look like decent clubs and have performed well in the past in MGS testing but I will never support this company unfortunately. I cannot back the owner and the way he comports himself on social media under his brand's name no less.

Ryan Moore and his brother own the company.  What did Ryan Moore do to offend you?  The previous wonder sold the company a couple years ago.  

🙃

29 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Ryan Moore and his brother own the company.  What did Ryan Moore do to offend you?  The previous wonder sold the company a couple years ago.  

I see no official news releases that Ryan Moore and his brother own the company. All I can see is posts on forums saying the founder sold the company to the Moores sometime in 2023.

My issues with the company stem from the previous owner if him selling is legit, and by the looks of their FB page, they're still using similar marketing tactics as when he was in charge.

I haven't followed the company in awhile because of how the original founder comported himself.

7 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I see no official news releases that Ryan Moore and his brother own the company. All I can see is posts on forums saying the founder sold the company to the Moores sometime in 2023.

My issues with the company stem from the previous owner if him selling is legit, and by the looks of their FB page, they're still using similar marketing tactics as when he was in charge.

I haven't followed the company in awhile because of how the original founder comported himself.

And that is?

🙃

1 hour ago, Owengeorge13 said:

And that is?

Disparaging other companies to prop up his, alleging another company stole his design when his design is very familiar to numerous others that came before over a couple decades, etc.

1 minute ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Disparaging other companies to prop up his, alleging another company stole his design when his design is very familiar to numerous others that came before over a couple decades, etc.

Interesting, I don’t see anything about that.

🙃

5 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Interesting, I don’t see anything about that.

He might have purged it from his twitter or X profile. I don't know. But it happened many times, and I personally called him out on it a couple of times. I don't have X anymore so I can't go back and look. But here's an example of an unnecessary marketing meme from a month ago on their FB page.

Screenshot_20240124-102943.png

3 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

He might have purged it from his twitter or X profile. I don't know. But it happened many times, and I personally called him out on it a couple of times. I don't have X anymore so I can't go back and look. But here's an example of an unnecessary marketing meme from a month ago on their FB page.

Screenshot_20240124-102943.png

You’re completely entitled to your own opinion, I’m not sure this bothers me.  To each there own…

🙃

9 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

You’re completely entitled to your own opinion, I’m not sure this bothers me.  To each there own…

I just think it's unnecessary but the alleging of theft of his designs, which weren't even that original, is my main sticking point

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2024 at 11:54 AM, Owengeorge13 said:

Three new iron releases from new level.  The 480db is not for sale yet.  I reached out to new level for comment on the 480db, they said it would be a 902os replacement, but it will come one degree weaker in loft then the 902os.  The whole 480 lineup have a “added weight port, for internal swing weight purposes.”  I’m very interested in the 902os, I’ll be waiting for the release of the 480db first.  I don’t want buyers remorse…

IMG_3045.jpeg

I am looking at the 623 MBs but may have to look at the 480 MCs. I just LOVE the look of the 623 MB and love my 902 PDs!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

7 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

No 480DB yet to demo.  I’m patiently waiting…the 480TC looks incredible though.

IMG_3179.jpeg

IMG_3181.jpeg

Got that email yesterday. I am contemplating these but I really still like the 623 MBs, and I love my 902 PDs I am gaming. I am getting 10-15 more yards over my PXG 0311s. I am glad I went with New Level over Takomo and Sub70. It was a tough choice that involved a lot of research and conversations. I still like both Takomo and Sub70 and may try one of those companies in the near future. I am building a travel set of clubs soon but am leaning on the New Level 623s. They were my neck in neck second choice over the 902s.

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

9 minutes ago, Erin B said:

Got that email yesterday. I am contemplating these but I really still like the 623 MBs, and I love my 902 PDs I am gaming. I am getting 10-15 more yards over my PXG 0311s. I am glad I went with New Level over Takomo and Sub70. It was a tough choice that involved a lot of research and conversations. I still like both Takomo and Sub70 and may try one of those companies in the near future. I am building a travel set of clubs soon but am leaning on the New Level 623s. They were my neck and neck second choice over the 902s.

I love the look of all new level offerings.  I’m sure the 902os will go on sale soon (which I’ve hit).  The OS is not oversized by any means.  It’s about the same size as the new p790, if not smaller.  I’ll probably jump on a demo of the 480db, which look exactly like the 480tc with a larger footprint and a stronger loft.

ive read a couple of articles about the 480tc, it supposedly turned Ryan Moore game around.  Both Moore and alker speak highly about the 480tc.  

I messaged new level about this thread, they may be watching…if you are @Owengeorge13 and @Erin B would love to be testers of the new lineup!

Edited by Owengeorge13

🙃

3 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

I love the look of all new level offerings.  I’m sure the 902os will go on sale soon (which I’ve hit).  The OS is not oversized by any means.  It’s about the same size as the new p790, if not smaller.  I’ll probably jump on a demo of the 480db, which look exactly like the 480tc with a larger footprint and a stronger loft.

ive read a couple of articles about the 480tc, it supposedly turned Ryan Moore game around.  Both Moore and alker speak highly about the 480tc.  

I messaged new level about this thread, they may be watching…if you are @Owengeorge13 and @Erin B would love to be testers of the new lineup!

I did look at the OSs but New Level felt the PDs would be more to my liking based off of our conversations. I am absolutely willing to give any of New Level product a try. I am very impressed with their knowledge and quality. I am stroking the 902s right now and was pleasantly surprised that they are better than my PXGs, but New Level told me they would be so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. Interesting tidbit, they wanted to know my club history and what I liked about each model I played. That should tell you about their knowledge and getting the right product to their customer. I think that helped them determine what model I would have the most success with.

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the 902os are not going to be produced anymore.  I think I’m just going to wait and demo the 480db.  They look fantastic!  My contact at New Level is saying late April/early May release.

IMG_3271.jpeg

🙃

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the 480-DB are now on the site for pre order 😁

WITB

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSi3 9* w/Project X HZRDUS smoke black RDX 70 6.5

Wood: :titleist-small: TSi2 15* w/Project X HZRDUS smoke black RDX 70 6.5

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: TS3 21*

Irons:  :srixon-small: ZX5 4-A w/ X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Black MG2 54, 58

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz Max CB