Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Question on swing speed devices

ILMgolfnut

Suddenly I'm being inundated by ads for devices to help increase swing speed. The Stack. SuperSpeed. Rypstick. I'm sure there are others I haven't seen yet.

An extra 5-10 mph right now is the Holy Grail for me. Or maybe I should just do the Fit for Golf test without throwing in any other variables and see if that produces improvement.

Anyone who has experience with any of these (or more than one), what do you think?

Or maybe this question needs to be on a different forum?

Thanks in advance

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

You can probably read more than you even want to in this review of the Stack system.  I was (am) one of the reviewers, and I enjoyed the process, and am enjoying the results.  

Good luck!

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

It's actually a good question and I've seen a lot of people doing both speed training with something like FFG.  And also this:

https://fitforgolf.blog/2023/01/30/why-i-have-partnered-with-the-stack-system/

Mike (Fit for Golf) has partnered with Sasho (The Stack System) as his recommended speed training system.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Another tester for The Stack system here, I highly recommend it.  I've completed 2 programs so far and started my 3rd.  So far I've gained 11mph according to the program.  I actually golfed today!  I'm in MN so Feb golf is a complete novelty.  it was 50 degrees and blowing 15-20 but I drove 2 par 4's and was 30yds past the guys I normally play with.  If that sounds fun to you I'll repeat myself.  I highly recommend The Stack system 🙂

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

2 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Suddenly I'm being inundated by ads for devices to help increase swing speed. The Stack. SuperSpeed. Rypstick. I'm sure there are others I haven't seen yet.

An extra 5-10 mph right now is the Holy Grail for me. Or maybe I should just do the Fit for Golf test without throwing in any other variables and see if that produces improvement.

Anyone who has experience with any of these (or more than one), what do you think?

Thanks in advance

Its pretty god damn fun to do, a decent workout haha.

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

Fix swing fundamentals and you can pick up speed and play better golf. Swing speed training for those with bad swings is making it worse. Confirmed by respected teaching professionals 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Thanks for the replies. I guess the Stack test came along before I found MGS so I wasn't aware of it, but I'm not surprised we're doing it.

Since I do research for a living, I think about things like confounding variables; are the improvements I will make because of FFG or because of Stack? Plus, as I told Bryan in a PM, I don't have $350 to spare right now, having committed to Scotland in July. Maybe at some point during the test I'll change my mind. A 11 mph gain is pretty persuasive...

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Fit For Golf tester 2024

I just bought an aero swing. Swung it a few times just to warm up. But once the weather starts getting warmer I will start using  it for speed and tempo. I got it for 60.00 at Rock Bottom. Everyone else sells it for over a hundred. I tried using those weighted ones. But it just wasn't  for me. I can use the aero swing without hurting myself.

Related question: If I am reading correctly, the Stack is with weights heavier than a driver, to build strength, whereas SuperSpeed uses lighter weights, which work on the same principle as downhill sprints for a runner, teaching you to move faster than you thought you could (as an old runner, I'm very familiar with that concept and did more than my share of downhill sprints in training). Do I have that right?

Fit For Golf tester 2024

Just now, ILMgolfnut said:

Related question: If I am reading correctly, the Stack is with weights heavier than a driver, to build strength, whereas SuperSpeed uses lighter weights, which work on the same principle as downhill sprints for a runner, teaching you to move faster than you thought you could (as an old runner, I'm very familiar with that concept and did more than my share of downhill sprints in training). Do I have that right?

my driver is 315g

The stack with no weights is 210 grams.

some combos of weights its had me swing weigh less than my driver and more than my driver.  Its all based on that % above % below weight of a driver being the best motor training (or something to that effect).

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

On 2/9/2024 at 1:00 PM, ILMgolfnut said:

No, they both use weights that are heavier, the same and lighter than the average driver.  SuperSpeed uses different clubs with the weights permanently attached.  With the Stack system, a single club is used with changeable weights.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

On 2/9/2024 at 11:00 AM, ILMgolfnut said:

The Stack uses both overload (heavy) and overspeed (light) training, in combinations developed by Sasho.  Each session will use both heavy and light weights, and so far every session has ended using the "reference" weight set, the weight intended to most closely indicate driver speed.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

They all work. The main thing is they are work and effort. However put that effort in and results usually follow.

After superspeed I went from 102 to 112. I'm back down to 104 after not doing much the last year or so.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 2/7/2024 at 2:07 PM, ILMgolfnut said:

Thanks in advance

I don't have experience with these, but I do get a ton of advertisements on social media. I have a couple of driver shafts that have broken tips and was thinking of trying to make my own. Has anyone tried that? I have swung the straight stick and it seems to work, but contact hasn't really been an issue for me. I may try one of e swing speed apparatuses some day. I just don't want to spend that kind of money when I need (WANT) other things like golf clubs lololol!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

31 minutes ago, Erin B said:

I don't have experience with these, but I do get a ton of advertisements on social media. I have a couple of driver shafts that have broken tips and was thinking of trying to make my own. Has anyone tried that? I have swung the straight stick and it seems to work, but contact hasn't really been an issue for me. I may try one of e swing speed apparatuses some day. I just don't want to spend that kind of money when I need (WANT) other things like golf clubs lololol!

There are a couple of threads on DIY speed trainers:

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have also been inundated with offers lately. I started with SuperSpeed Golf swing sticks about a year ago and have been enjoying the results.  It is tough to gauge true swing speed increases on the course but I estimate the gains at almost 10 mph. I now out drive my playing partners by 20-30 yards and that feels amazing. 

I also started a mobility and rotational power program endorsed by Scottie Scheffler called Golf Forever in December and I believe it will indeed keep me golfing for the next 20 years.  The curated programs keep me engaged every day and it cures the morning stiffness in my back. 

If I had it to do all over again, I would try the Stack system instead of SSG  as I have heard Sasho on a few podcasts and I am impressed.

WITB?

Vessel Player III golf bag

:callaway-logo-1: Callaway AI Smoke MAX driver with a Tour AD shaft

:callaway-logo-1: Callaway Paradym 3, 7 and 9 woods

:mizuno-small: Mizuno Pro irons with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

:titleist-small: Titleist Vokey SM9 wedges

:bettinardi-1: Bettinardi Queen B #15 putter

:Arccos:

Couldn't sleep last night so I watched YouTube videos related to Stack, SSG and Rypstick. I had not realized that the Stack app is only on iOS. Deal killer for me; I don't do Apple and not going to buy a device just to start now. Rypstick has an Android app; SSG apparently is web-based, no app.

Also, the R10 I just bought does not work with this because it doesn't measure club head speed directly. You gotta hit a ball. I guess I could train, hope I'm getting results and then find out when I actually hit balls.

Fit For Golf tester 2024

I have the Garmin R10 as well but I use a different radar devise to capture swing speeds with the SSG system.  Their website hypes the PRGR but I struggled with it capturing accurate results so I returned it. Instead, I bought Sports Sensors SSR364 Swing Speed Radar for $99 on eBay to measure swing speeds. 

WITB?

Vessel Player III golf bag

:callaway-logo-1: Callaway AI Smoke MAX driver with a Tour AD shaft

:callaway-logo-1: Callaway Paradym 3, 7 and 9 woods

:mizuno-small: Mizuno Pro irons with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

:titleist-small: Titleist Vokey SM9 wedges

:bettinardi-1: Bettinardi Queen B #15 putter

:Arccos:

• 1 month later...

For those of you that have used some sort of swing speed enhancer tool, have you noticed any change in your swing?  I'd like to give one a try but don't want it to adverserly effect my swing.

Please let me know your thoughts

Have Fun, hit it straight

1 hour ago, David C said:

For those of you that have used some sort of swing speed enhancer tool, have you noticed any change in your swing?  I'd like to give one a try but don't want it to adverserly effect my swing.

Rypstick is arriving at my house today, so haven't used it yet. They claim it will affect your swing in a good way, make it more efficient or whatever. Basically they say you get your maximum velocity up to 110 or whatever with their system and when you're actually out on the course you dial it down to 100-105 and still get more distance with a controlled swing.

Fit For Golf tester 2024

3 minutes ago, unccross said:

Do you have to have a launch monitor (swing speed measurement device) with all of these tools?

You don't have to, but its a convenient way to track your progress.

Fit For Golf tester 2024

10 minutes ago, unccross said:

Do you have to have a launch monitor (swing speed measurement device) with all of these tools?

Technically you don't have to, but it would be like taking a test and never knowing if your answers were actually correct?  It would be very hard to tell if you are actually faster without the immediate feedback from a swing speed monitor.  For instance there are many times it feels like I am swinging out of my shoes, but it will actually be a few MPH slower than a smoother swing.

Also depending on the swing speed tool you are using it may or may not work.  I can't see using The Stack without a measurement device.  Haven't ever tried Rypstick so not sure what that is tracking.  Superspeed you could do the protocols without a device, but again you would have no way to see if you are actually faster or not.

3 hours ago, David C said:

I have not noticed any adverse effects for my swing yet.  I've only got 4 rounds in this spring (but yay 4 rounds already in MN!!) and ball striking has not be negatively effected.  I'm on my 3rd program with The Stack system and have gained 11mph through the first 2 programs.

3 hours ago, David C said:

I have heard people say it negatively affected their control.   I did superspeed for a while and saw no negative impact to my swing.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 2/7/2024 at 8:33 PM, ILMgolfnut said:

Thanks for the replies. I guess the Stack test came along before I found MGS so I wasn't aware of it, but I'm not surprised we're doing it.

Since I do research for a living, I think about things like confounding variables; are the improvements I will make because of FFG or because of Stack? Plus, as I told Bryan in a PM, I don't have $350 to spare right now, having committed to Scotland in July. Maybe at some point during the test I'll change my mind. A 11 mph gain is pretty persuasive...

At your handicap your best and most effective road is to improve the swing first. Speed training with a swing that’s not optimal is going to lead to worse results with the swing. 

I’ve also seen two trusted instructors touch on this on another forum 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1