How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

On 4/21/2024 at 8:56 AM, sirchunksalot said:

I was wondering the same thing, from the photo in your original post it looked like someone had a pet monkey they let loose. Those Fox squirrels can get huge! I used to see them quite a bit back in my hunting days and they could sound like a deer with all the noise they made going through the leaves. 

They are very common down on the Myrtle Beach courses. They will beg for food. When you leave your golf cart they will jump in and steal any food. They even open zippers on golf bags and take food out of your bag. I caught one taking my uncrustable PB&J out of my golf bag. Chased him off but he hid and waited for me to get on the green and came back for another attempt. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 minute ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

They are very common down on the Myrtle Beach courses. They will beg for food. When you leave your golf cart they will jump in and steal any food. They even open zippers on golf bags and take food out of your bag. I caught one taking my uncrustable PB&J out of my golf bag. Chased him off but he hid and waited for me to get on the green and came back for another attempt. 

They are stubborn and persistent to say the least!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Bizarre round of golf Saturday morning at my home course Gettysburg National.  

Played Friday evening after work and only finished 13 holes before it got too dark to play on.  Unremarkable round except that I holed out for par on #4 from short side behind the green to a hole about 12’ from the back on a downslope, and got up and down from three bunkers.  Everything that got me into having to make those shots was mediocre.  I had an 8:45am tee time the next day, so I treated it like a warm up/practice round.

Woke up Saturday to drizzling rain and temps that tried and then failed to get out of the high 40’s.  Butchered the start: double, double, par, par, bogey, bogey.  The people I was paired with looked like they hoped I got lost on the way to the 7th tee.  But then I hit a 5i 208 yds to 12’ and lipped out the putt but easy par.  As it got colder I started playing better.  Birdied #8, left birdie putt on #9 1” short, lipped out birdie on #10 after duck-hooking my tee shot into the fairway of #14, left a 38’ birdie putt on #11 6” short but dead on line, birdied the par 3 #12, up and down par on #13, birdied par 5 #14, up and down par on #15, bogeyed #16 after getting out of position off the tee, sank a tricky 5’ left to right downhill putt for par after coming up short on the par 3 #17, and birdied #18.  

+5 front, -2 back for a 73, and best round of the new year after a terrible start (that could have been even worse if I hadn’t gotten lucky on a couple of bounces).  Really showed me the value of letting the bad shots go and telling yourself, “the next one will be a lot better”

Dan Yates, 55 year old trying to qualify for PA Senior Amateur in 2024; searching for some magic in my game again

4 hours ago, DashingDane said:

Played my best round ever on Saturday and broke 100 (98) for the first time. Feels so satisfying to see progress (started playing in January)

Congratulations on breaking 100!!!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Okay boys. Scramble for a good cause today. Typical mulligan packages, long drive, closest to pin and putting contest. Standard issue event.

We don't expect to win. We just come in respectable like and enjoy the buffet.

Two teams come in and post -25 scores.
47... 40 freaking 7.

The audacity of these guys looking out into a crowd of their peers with stolen accolades just astounded me.

Can't imagine how sharp the grooves were on those pencil wedges.

Anyways, I hit em petty good. Clean inside 100 and the new putter felt incredible! My pace was way better than average.

B

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

40 minutes ago, barney_bogey said:

Okay boys. Scramble for a good cause today. Typical mulligan packages, long drive, closest to pin and putting contest. Standard issue event.

47... 40 freaking 7.

The audacity of these guys looking out into a crowd of their peers with stolen accolades just astounded me.

Anyways, I hit em petty good. Clean inside 100 and the new putter felt incredible! My pace was way better than average.

B

Do you think they agreed ahead of time to post -25’s?  It’s absurd - so assuming it’s a standard distribution of 4 par 5’s, 4 par 3’s, and 10 par 4’s, if they eagle all of the par 5’s they’re -8, birdie the par 3’s they’re -12, so they claimed to eagle 3 par 4’s and birdied the other 7???  Stolen accolades indeed.

Glad you played well and enjoyed your new putter.  I’ve been loving mine lately too.

Dan Yates, 55 year old trying to qualify for PA Senior Amateur in 2024; searching for some magic in my game again

Solid round but should have been much better. 7 over playing off 7. Another poor finish, doubled 16 and bogeyed 17. Had to hole a 8 foot putt to par the last. Missed 3 birdie putts from 3,4 and 5 feet. All were slight misreads but well struck putts. Disappointing as it’s rare for me to have that many close chances. Had 2 birdies, one after a good approach to 6 feet from 70 yards, the next was a hole out from 60 yards. Drove the ball reasonably well, conditions were pretty windy, with a few strong gusts making things interesting 

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

10 hours ago, barney_bogey said:

47... 40 freaking 7.

B

We played last week, and had some holes you could buy An albatross, others had hula hoops set up from 20 yards away for an ace, and so on. The tournament officials caught on to the sandbaggers claiming 25 hcp though (max allowed) again, for charity,  so no skin off my back, but ethically , you don't take the trophy,  you find the group who truly shot worst in the bunch and hand it to them. We never take money's either, ot ALL goes back to the charity. Door prizes and raffles, that's different.

7 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Had to laugh. I can't count the amount of times I see cheaters win scrambles. Last year 4 high school kids won one that I was in. We could see them all hitting off the womens tees, take 8 putts per hole and so on.  They didn't even pay for mulligans and came in with a 51. 

Another time it was a big Boys and Girls Club fund raiser and a team cheated. They had someone watching the scores turned in and came in a little later with 2 strokes less. The team behind them saw they were not playing well and called them out when their names were announced. They challenged them to a two hole scramble top rove they heated. The once they refused, a fight broke out. Real fight, fists were flying and police were called. Some charity event that was.

I'm there to support the charity. But it's pathetic watching people cheat like that. I used to get mad but now I just expect the worst going in to it.  

Yikes! Fyi, this rarely happens at our events, especially since it's 90$ law enforcement already there.  😆 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Shot 47 on the front 9 at Langston yesterday. Doubled both the par 5s and had bogey on every other hole. Doubles on par 5s are terrible, but the thing that had me most irritated was a pair of 3-putt bogies after hitting the green in regulation.

It's so upsetting. I'm right there putting for birdie and, because I never want to come up short on a birdie putt, I run it past the hole. Then I'm annoyed/angry with myself; don't take the time to line myself up properly or I'm scared to go past the hole again & leave it short; and miss the come backer by 2 inches for a disgusting 3 putt. 

The upside is that on 6/9 holes I had a par putt, most of them were +20' but I had a number of strong rolls that left me kick in bogies. Spending more time on chipping/putting has me taking better lines and making better chips when I just miss the green on an approach. One day those putts are going to start falling, that day was not yesterday. 

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

Played 18 today and it was rough. Front 9 was fine. I was relaxed shots went well etc. On the back 9 I had an infamous blow up on a par 5. Dropped two into the water. That said putting was good. No three putts, and only a couple of doubles. 

Tmrw it’s off to work on my short game. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

10 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

So. Each time I post in here I wanna brag about something spectacular that happened out on the course. But .. today is not that day... 🤷‍♂️

My small achievement is playing 4 x 9 hole rounds within one week for the first time. Oh and didn't lose a ball, although I seemed to be trying hard on the Par 3s!

Drives off the tee were mostly ok; putting was mostly ok ... but sheesh everything else in-between was a struggle for me today so it was another high scoring round.

..need to set up another lesson....

In my eyes, Playing ANY golf is an achievement!!!

Congratulations! 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

6 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Got out this morning and at the turn decided to play the back nine too. I was gassed. 47/55. Hit some decent drives and I am getting to the point of now selling my ventus the more I play with the KBS TD. Short putts still driving me crazy for some reason. Every putt has break and I am sycing myself out. I had one do a full 360 lip out for par. It was wet and windy and only 42 degrees. Great work out and I had the course to myself. Was tranquil despite not shooting the best.

Where do you play? I play all over PDX and Vancouver Kelso etc. Maybe we could hook up some time?

I Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

I like to walk, I have a Clicgear with all the accoutrements and I am considering getting a V2.

33 minutes ago, Manny said:

Where do you play? I play all over PDX and Vancouver Kelso etc. Maybe we could hook up some time?

This was forest hills in Cornelius 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 70g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Played the front 9 at Langston again today, shot 44 today and felt a lot better than I did yesterday. Still not dropping any putts but I'm making fewer and fewer mistakes and bad strikes.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

28 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

This was forest hills in Cornelius 

Nice, played about a month ago, they had punched and had to play the front twice. Do you know Nick?

I Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

I like to walk, I have a Clicgear with all the accoutrements and I am considering getting a V2.

10 hours ago, Manny said:

Nice, played about a month ago, they had punched and had to play the front twice. Do you know Nick?

I do know Nick. All the way back to his meriwether days. Course is in great shape sans hole one. I presume they are either redoing that green or trying to recover the grass. The 18 I did was spur of the moment. I usually play two nines (front during week and back on weekend) as close to sunrise that I can. This weekend likely was a no go since they have an event so I pushed myself to do 18. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Not sure what to make of yesterday’s league round.   hit a few mediocre shots but did everything pretty well except short putts.  Missed 4 putts under 3 feet.   

Short Putting it my bugaboo right now too. Keep grinding. We will figure it out. 

My Reviews:

10 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Not sure what to make of yesterday’s league round.   hit a few mediocre shots but did everything pretty well except short putts.  Missed 4 putts under 3 feet.   

how are the greens, pretty smooth?

committed to performance excellence