How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Com'on!?! Nobody needs to see a bunch of Hole In One banners when they are jealous* just trying to read the forum! 

*(dam golf gods autocorrect)

I'd rather be able to play at your level than any ole' hole in one!

• Like 6

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 4 -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX

Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer 

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 minute ago, JerryB said:

Played 3 wood off the tee again to similar results. 

... 👍  Not only a good play for higher index players struggling with their driver but a good idea for anyone to play a round without a driver every now and then. Some of us rarely have an opportunity to hit a 3 wood and it is easy to get out of practice and/or loose some confidence so a round using only a 3 wood can really help with consistency and confidence. 

• Like 9

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... LinQ M40X 6F3
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

14 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Owen and I played the back nine at River Heights this morning.  I shot a +13 49.  Six bogies, two doubles and a triple.  Played 3 wood off the tee again to similar results.  Pretty nondescript round, but the fact that I'm breaking 100 (or 50) regularly is a solid feeling.

I played for years with 3w and Driver in garage.  It took a while for me to be able to hit Driver a decent distance and able to keep it in play.  3w was my friend.

• Like 7

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

14 hours ago, chisag said:

... Thanks but I am getting a headache trying to read posts with my left eye shut. 

More like 

4wlx8o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Hybrid: Maltby KE4 HDI 19°, 23° & 25° UST Recoil 660 F4

Irons: Maltby DBM Forged UST Recoil 660 F4
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S

Wedge: SCOR4161 46° and 50° 
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: MAXFLI Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

The tides started to turn yesterday for me. Got out for an early day 18 with a friend, we even played match play. The round started off odd, great drive followed by my second shot going OB in to the river getting pushed away by the wind but I saved par with a good chip And 1 putt. The rest of the day picked up from their with 5 pars on the front finishing with 4 pars alone on the front 9. Unfortunately I had a triple bogey on the 5th hole because I had a hard time getting out of the bunker, my one downfall yesterday. But a 41 on the front is solid The back went pretty good, I slapped the ball around a bit in the 560 yard par 5 and ended up chipping in from 20 yards for a par save the close out my match, it was a sweet shot and the ball just barely trickled in the cup at the end, plus you could hear the ball hit the bottom of the cup which was cool.    It wasn’t until 14-17 where I just played sloppy, shanking one off the tee box and going OB again. +3 through the holes. Hit a fantastic tee shot on 17 the par 3,  crazy wind so it was playing close to 225. Hit a 4 iron to 45 feet and ended up 1 putting for birdie. Finished 18 with a par to finish off the day. 39 on the back for a total of 80 for the day. Best stay of the day was 27 total putts. One of my best putting performances, the practice paid off!  11/14 fairways hit and 7/18 greens, except 4 times I left it short just in the front center of the fringe. So I’d like to say it was 11/18. Just a fantastic day, really was pleased with all the practice I’ve been putting in and how I played. I really tried to focus on playing station to station golf. Fairway-green in reg- 1/2 putt. I even went back to my old scoring ways where I kept track of all my statistics which I think helped keep me in line 

• Like 8

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

21 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

The tides started to turn yesterday for me. Got out for an early day 18 with a friend, we even played match play. The round started off odd, great drive followed by my second shot going OB in to the river getting pushed away by the wind but I saved par with a good chip And 1 putt. The rest of the day picked up from their with 5 pars on the front finishing with 4 pars alone on the front 9. Unfortunately I had a triple bogey on the 5th hole because I had a hard time getting out of the bunker, my one downfall yesterday. But a 41 on the front is solid The back went pretty good, I slapped the ball around a bit in the 560 yard par 5 and ended up chipping in from 20 yards for a par save the close out my match, it was a sweet shot and the ball just barely trickled in the cup at the end, plus you could hear the ball hit the bottom of the cup which was cool.    It wasn’t until 14-17 where I just played sloppy, shanking one off the tee box and going OB again. +3 through the holes. Hit a fantastic tee shot on 17 the par 3,  crazy wind so it was playing close to 225. Hit a 4 iron to 45 feet and ended up 1 putting for birdie. Finished 18 with a par to finish off the day. 39 on the back for a total of 80 for the day. Best stay of the day was 27 total putts. One of my best putting performances, the practice paid off!  11/14 fairways hit and 7/18 greens, except 4 times I left it short just in the front center of the fringe. So I’d like to say it was 11/18. Just a fantastic day, really was pleased with all the practice I’ve been putting in and how I played. I really tried to focus on playing station to station golf. Fairway-green in reg- 1/2 putt. I even went back to my old scoring ways where I kept track of all my statistics which I think helped keep me in line 

I also forgot to mention that because I had a triple bogey and my handicap was a 9, it was adjusted to a double and I shot 79. It doesn’t seem right breaking 80 that way🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

On 5/25/2022 at 2:55 PM, BostonSal said:

My game has been atrocious thus far this spring.  I can't get loose.  I'm sore all over.

After sixty years on the course, I may finally be done.

But I'm paid up for the year, so I'm still trying.

Lately, though, I've enjoyed the meeting up early for breakfast more than the actual playing.

Maybe some seriously hot weather will get me going.  I've always played my best on the scorchers.

Too soon to throw in the towel, but late enough to have to think about it.

Even the pros go through that phase.  I read that Justin Thomas felt that way about 2 years ago.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Sim2 Max 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Blue 55 R

Callaway 4+ Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 65 R

Callaway 5 Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

Callaway Heavenwood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 (19*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 4 (22*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 5 (25*) - SteelFiber i95 R

Honma Beres irons (2020) 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, AW - Nippon 750GH Wrap Tech R 

Vokey SM8 56* D grind & Vokey SM8 54* bent to 52* D grind

Scotty Cameron California Monterey Putter

Went for an MRI this morning.  I hate those so much.  I feel like a cartridge in a rifle chamber.

They played Sinatra to calm me down.

Last time they played Coltrane and it only got me agitated.

• Hmmm 3

17 minutes ago, BostonSal said:

Went for an MRI this morning.  I hate those so much.  I feel like a cartridge in a rifle chamber.

They played Sinatra to calm me down.

Last time they played Coltrane and it only got me agitated.

I hope you are talking about Frank to calm you down, Nancy would have just agitated me. 😆

As for Coltrane, maybe in an MRI it might be a bit much, but man that man could blow sounds from the sax that most other players can dare to emulate.  He was a true legend.

• Like 6

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick