Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

My Tour Staff Contest Prizes

Tyk

Oh I'm just kiddin' Rev, I'm really glad you got your stuff and are loving it, I like reading about it. I was really bummed about the delay a couple weeks ago but right now I've been so sick that it really hasn't mattered. I've had my Adams hybrid for over a week and have barely even looked at it, much less swung it or hit a ball with it, that's how bad it's been! I think I'm finally over the hump now though, I'm still pretty shaky but for the last 3-4 days each day has been markedly better. I hope the recovery pace accelerates like it seems like it should.

I tell ya what guys, this flu crap is no joke! The last time I had what I thought was the flu was at least 15 years ago and it was nothing like what this has been, I've never had something kick my ass like this. This crap pretty much just deleted 5 days of my life completely with fever and I'm now coming up on two weeks and am still far from normal! So get your flu shots guys! This isn't anything to be toying with, it just flat out isn't worth it! If you notice a fever, get to the doctor or the clinic. I went but was too late, my wife went within 24 hours and they gave her Tamiflu, it more than halved her recovery time and her symptoms were much much less severe than mine. Don't be a tough guy, go to the doctor!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I'm just kiddin' Rev, I'm really glad you got your stuff and are loving it, I like reading about it. I was really bummed about the delay a couple weeks ago but right now I've been so sick that it really hasn't mattered. I've had my Adams hybrid for over a week and have barely even looked at it, much less swung it or hit a ball with it, that's how bad it's been! I think I'm finally over the hump now though, I'm still pretty shaky but for the last 3-4 days each day has been markedly better. I hope the recovery pace accelerates like it seems like it should.

I tell ya what guys, this flu crap is no joke! The last time I had what I thought was the flu was at least 15 years ago and it was nothing like what this has been, I've never had something kick my ass like this. This crap pretty much just deleted 5 days of my life completely with fever and I'm now coming up on two weeks and am still far from normal! So get your flu shots guys! This isn't anything to be toying with, it just flat out isn't worth it! If you notice a fever, get to the doctor or the clinic. I went but was too late, my wife went within 24 hours and they gave her Tamiflu, it more than halved her recovery time and her symptoms were much much less severe than mine. Don't be a tough guy, go to the doctor!

Amen to what he just said - we're offering shots between services and after the second service this week to our parishioners. I always get one because my daughter's immune system is so balky.

Went to the range today - first time wearing the Tru Links wears - Oh my God! Either that or I've taken a significant jump in comfort level with my new irons. Those shoes create such a stable base though - My hips sometimes sway - that's a swing fault of mine - maybe it happened once out of 100 balls today - maybe and even then it was very slight - just very easy to stay behind the ball and achored to the ground with those shoes. I'm loving the ball flight with my iron shots right now. In all honesty I'm wishing that I had just gotten the 825 pros throughout the bag however I don't know that I could have done anything productive with the 5 iron - those pros feel so good, they give great feedback and I love the ball flight with them - straight, straight, straight, very penetrating and yet plenty high enough to stop - it was a fairly signinficant cross wind and the ball hardly moved in it. Had I been hitting a quality golf ball I doubt it would have moved at all.

The regular 825's are very hot - I got the lofts on the 8 and 9 iron tweaked 2 degrees and 1 degree to cover for that - it seems to be working gap wise. I hit half a dozen 60's at a the 1 inch grip down spot on the old SCOR and put them in a blanket around the pin which was 52 yards away acording to my range finder - just a nice smooth three quarter swing - no worries, I'd highly suggest that anyone take some tape or a marker and mark the exact grip down spot on the grips of their wedges - don't know why I never thought of it before this.

I'm very happy!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Love The Summit; haven't been there in 2-3 years. Is it still in good shape?

Summit was nice as always. Windridge was today. Didn't play near as well, not d/t to clubs but the swing change. Couldn't get that same feeling I had yesterday of firing the hips instead of being armsy. Duck hooked driver a few times but hit it long when I hit it well. Irons were solid but same problem, I was drawing PW even. Looked like an accidental Bubba out there. Shot 86, love the new clubs though. The long irons are soooo much more forgiving than my 735's were. Gonna take a little time but I'll get there.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Matt - if you're playing courses that you're familiar with how is your driver distance? Are you hitting it farther than normal on those courses? Is it really 20 more yards?

I'm exactly two weeks into the new irons and they really felt like my clubs today from the very first swing. Now I'm hopeful to retain that feeling under the presure of a competitive type round. Next week!!!!!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Rev, I'm no where as consistent as you on the course. My swing feels different every day it seems. But, I would say it is longer than my 910 at least 15-20 yards on my good drives. Could be a little more even, I'm sure the fitting made a huge difference. I'm excited to work on my swing this winter and see how I progress next year.

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Thanks - I'm very heartened by that news. How are you liking those shoes? You got me with the color - really looked sharp - I picked my color to go with my Sub 70 outfit but then the outfit was out of stock so I ended up with an outfit that actually matches my old shoes better than the new ones - not that I really care.

Today was my first time using the shoes - didn't want them out in the mud and crap that we've had - I thought they were incredible, comfortable and very stable.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Thanks - I'm very heartened by that news. How are you liking those shoes? You got me with the color - really looked sharp - I picked my color to go with my Sub 70 outfit but then the outfit was out of stock so I ended up with an outfit that actually matches my old shoes better than the new ones - not that I really care.

Today was my first time using the shoes - didn't want them out in the mud and crap that we've had - I thought they were incredible, comfortable and very stable.

I was very excited about the shoes because I already had 2 pairs of the tours. Found them on clearance and couldn't pass them up. I walk alot and they are super comfortable. They are a little different looking compared to most golf shoes but u will love them. Broke in from the first time u put them on.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I've never seen them in stores where did you find them? We have a golf outlet store that primarily carries shoes between here and St. Augustine. I may take a look there on the way up or back.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I read reviews on them being comfortable and bought them online because no golf store in my surrounding area carried them. Got both pair on rockbottomgolf.com.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

I was very excited about the shoes because I already had 2 pairs of the tours. Found them on clearance and couldn't pass them up. I walk alot and they are super comfortable. They are a little different looking compared to most golf shoes but u will love them. Broke in from the first time u put them on.

Packing for my Carlsbad trip, I realized I didn't rally have any suitable shoes. My Merrells are in pretty rough shape these days, and more often than not I wear Vibram Five Fingers around town. I decided to wear my Stealths as my everyday shoes out here. The only time I didn't wear them was to play golf (Cobra-Puma put me in a pair of Super Cell Fusion Ice (a great shoe for anybody still looking to go with a more traditional golf platform).

I was thinking I might buy another pair of merrell shoes, burt after the last few days, I'm inclined to just wear TRUEs (although a little kitty told me PUMA has some nice street style shoes on the way as well).

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I wouldn't want to wear my Tru's for anything else for fear that I'd get less golf use out of them. I did were my adicross' for a renewal of vows not too long ago - I did it because the guy is a golf buddy of mine - he and I were the only one's who knew what was going on - he had trouble not laughing.

The Tru's are more comfortable still but I don't think the grey goes with my vestments - I have to get another pair for myself and wear them one day for church.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I wouldn't want to wear my Tru's for anything else for fear that I'd get less golf use out of them. I did were my adicross' for a renewal of vows not too long ago - I did it because the guy is a golf buddy of mine - he and I were the only one's who knew what was going on - he had trouble not laughing.

The Tru's are more comfortable still but I don't think the grey goes with my vestments - I have to get another pair for myself and wear them one day for church.

I wear all of my street style shoes all the time, Ecco Streets, Adidas AdiCross, Trues, whatever else I have. They all make the trips out to town and to the course. I don't wear any other sneakers anymore hardly.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Ky, it's great havin ya in the forum. Please stay involved even after you settle in with your clubs & the thread more or less runs it's course.

The Best with your new sticks!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Didn't expect to be this active but have enjoyed it! Great site, I'm here to stay.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Old dog, new tricks kind of thing - I don't see any reason why you couldn't wear these shoes for more than golf - they're more comfortable than my sneakers and they look better as well.

I'll have to start doing it.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I've started wearing an older pair of trues around during the day, once the new Trues come out I think those high tops will become my street-only shoes.

I heard from SCOR today! They verified my specs and said they were starting building my clubs tomorrow, I should have them early next week at the latest.

I had to push my TMaG fitting back AGAIN. You all know how I said I couldn't shake that flu? Turns out I have pnemounia and I'm going on my 2nd night in the hospital! Freakin' sucks.

I've started wearing an older pair of trues around during the day, once the new Trues come out I think those high tops will become my street-only shoes.

I heard from SCOR today! They verified my specs and said they were starting building my clubs tomorrow, I should have them early next week at the latest.

I had to push my TMaG fitting back AGAIN. You all know how I said I couldn't shake that flu? Turns out I have pnemounia and I'm going on my 2nd night in the hospital! Freakin' sucks.

That does suck! Hope your recovery is speedy! I haven't heard from Scor. Did they email you or call?

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

They called me this afternoon with questions about the clubs I specified and said they'd start building them tomorrow, 2-3 days to build and 2-3 days to get to me.

I wear my Ashworth Cardiffs everyday and have about 250 rounds of golf on them. They are still in great shape.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Got an email that my bag was finished. Should ship this week, here are pics. Looks great!!!

Bag.JPG

Bag1.JPG

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Wow Matt! That is nice! Almost too nice to game, if that is possible.

Wow Matt - I'd go the other way from Tyk - I'd be showing that bad boy off all over the bi-state area!!!!!

So sorry about the Pneumonia Tyk - been there, done that earlier this summer - If I were you I'd push that fitting back a month or better yet six weeks - that's about how long it's going to take you to get your strength back. I lost 10 yards at least when I started coming back. I'm still wondering where that distance went. I'm hopeful it went to the wet turf that developed while I was sick and that I'll start to see some of it return when I play today - hasn't rained here for 8 days.

Good luck my friend. Take it easy coming back - you're going to get tired really fast for a while.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Thanks Rev, this was the last thing I needed, been laid up for 4 out of last 8 weeks with different crap, not good for a self-employed person. Fortunately I know the folks up at the TMaG fitting center, they've been very patient and willing to move my appointment back. I see the rumors that TaylorMade has some new stuff coming out, perhaps this will work out in my favor? I won't do the fitting until I'm feeling pretty good and can execute my swing, no point otherwise. Getting the word from SCOR was a morale booster!

• SPY VIP

Thanks Rev, this was the last thing I needed, been laid up for 4 out of last 8 weeks with different crap, not good for a self-employed person. Fortunately I know the folks up at the TMaG fitting center, they've been very patient and willing to move my appointment back. I see the rumors that TaylorMade has some new stuff coming out, perhaps this will work out in my favor? I won't do the fitting until I'm feeling pretty good and can execute my swing, no point otherwise. Getting the word from SCOR was a morale booster!

Don't hold up your fitting because something new might be coming. Based on everything I'm hearing (and I have a pretty good source), it's extremely unlikely you'll see a new driver or fairway wood available at retail until after the PGA show. As per usual, there will be two lines. One will be the RBZ replacement (the money bet is on RocketFuel), and other will be the replacement for the R11s, and it will be called the R...shhhh, I'm not allowed to say.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

That bag is amazing!! Love the colors and just a classic look to me. Someone needs to carry that on tour!

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

I won't deliberately hold it up T, trust me, soon as I'm able, it'll be done.

Stayed home as usual to catch up on some writing and there was a knock at the door. Look what arrived!!!!!! I've had some type of Adams club in my bag since the advent of the original Tight Lies. This is a 20 degree Idea Pro a12 that will replace my 20 degree Idea Pro. Thanks Adams, Thanks T and thanks MyGolfSpy.

TMag fitting is scheduled for next Friday at 10 - going to take the fam to St Augustine for a little two day get away and a last visit with my son John and his family before he goes back out to sea to defend our right to debate and discuss all things Golf. So thanks to our service men and women as well.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rev, I hit my Adams for the first time today. Feels very solid! J.P. from Scor called and said my wedges shipped Friday so I should get them today or tomorrow. Keith from Bettinardi sent me some teaser pics of my putter today. Imagine this with red/black/white paintfill, a black PVD shaft, and a red Iomic grip. Most likely gonna be the coolest putter in history! :P

DSC_0331.JPG

DSC_0332.JPG

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Archived