Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

HaHA, good pic Dude! Are those socks those hunting socks or are those hunting boots?

What sux is you'll be back on the course by Saturday at the latest in shorts or at worse a wind shirt, meanwhile we got 4" down & 2-4" more to go. Man does winter suck! I wish that I lived out in Heavenly Valley where I can go up in the mountains & ski and then run down 'em and hit the ball.

Now that, my friends, is livin life :P

BTW, I like the pooch!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Richard,

That is Drake. He always wants to go with Daddy. I used to take him all over the place but now he does not like to jump in the Rover because of hip issues. I can certainly relate so now his idea of going is running out to the mailbox for a pee and then letting him back in the house.

As far as the foot wear, those are Muck Boots with the tops folded down like fireman's boots. Jane took advantage of that and filled them with snow, but she claims it was unintentional. :P

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After careful consideration I realized it was not everyday that I get a request to pose in a minimal amount of clothing to be placed on the internet. All my thongs were off getting resized. (at Omar the Tent Makers) So this is the best I could do. I did not realize that I was in the shade of a tree and because of the snowball fight that ensued shortly after these were taken, the wife will not come back outside until the snow is gone.:P

SW in Snow Drake.JPG

Dude! You're the site hero for that today! I was almost going to suggest the thong idea. But we've had enough unwelcome mental pictures burned into our retinas over the last couple of days, so I figured your regular shorts would suffice! :P We didn't get a scrap of snow out of that storm, just cold and wind again. If we ever get some this winter, I'll post one in the snow myself. Actually, that should be a new winter tradition for anyone who gets fresh snow, come to think of it! We used to get storms that would dump 1-3 feet fairly regularly. I have pictures of snow drifts 12 feet high that had to be cleared with a dozer. Now we can't buy moisture.

Anyway, I got out and played 9 today. It was about 38 degrees, cloudy and breezy. Pretty cold still at about 1:00. I went out cold too. Didn't even hit some balls to warm up first. Bad idea. The first four holes, I couldn't turn a club over to save my life. I hit a couple of low draws with my driver, but was sending most everything to the right, even my irons which I don't usually do. By the last five holes, I loosened up and the sun came out a bit. I hit a couple of hooks by then. Part of that was my lower back started hurting and not turning through the shot right. Too much sitting over the past month. My putting improved after practicing my stroke in my living room. I "only" three putted three times. :( But I one putted twice. For me, that was an improvement. A number of the two putts should have been one putts though. I shot a 42 for the nine holes, so getting there. Came up short on a number of shots. Not used to cold temperature distances. I think I'll get some rounds in the 70s this summer. I don't seem to play as well in the cold, but who knows,maybe I'll get there before that, if I get out there enough. I guess I should've posted this in the How did you play post. Oh well.

Dude! You're the site hero for that today! I was almost going to suggest the thong idea. But we've had enough unwelcome mental pictures burned into our retinas over the last couple of days, so I figured your regular shorts would suffice! :P We didn't get a scrap of snow out of that storm, just cold and wind again. If we ever get some this winter, I'll post one in the snow myself. Actually, that should be a new winter tradition for anyone who gets fresh snow, come to think of it! We used to get storms that would dump 1-3 feet fairly regularly. I have pictures of snow drifts 12 feet high that had to be cleared with a dozer. Now we can't buy moisture.

Anyway, I got out and played 9 today. It was about 38 degrees, cloudy and breezy. Pretty cold still at about 1:00. I went out cold too. Didn't even hit some balls to warm up first. Bad idea. The first four holes, I couldn't turn a club over to save my life. I hit a couple of low draws with my driver, but was sending most everything to the right, even my irons which I don't usually do. By the last five holes, I loosened up and the sun came out a bit. I hit a couple of hooks by then. Part of that was my lower back started hurting and not turning through the shot right. Too much sitting over the past month. My putting improved after practicing my stroke in my living room. I "only" three putted three times. :( But I one putted twice. For me, that was an improvement. A number of the two putts should have been one putts though. I shot a 42 for the nine holes, so getting there. Came up short on a number of shots. Not used to cold temperature distances. I think I'll get some rounds in the 70s this summer. I don't seem to play as well in the cold, but who knows,maybe I'll get there before that, if I get out there enough. I guess I should've posted this in the How did you play post. Oh well.

At that point in the day it was really not bad. It was a lot colder feeling last week with 40*s and 40 mph wind. Today it was sunny with no wind so it was not bad this afternoon. I was bundled up this morning but I was outside hitting balls to the dogs with a lob wedge for 20 minutes before the picture was taken.

I think I will be able to survive the off season after all. Wifey got me a birdieball putting green for Christmas!!

So now I have a 13.5' x 4' green in the basement and hopefully I can finally figure out a putter over the winter :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I think I will be able to survive the off season after all. Wifey got me a birdieball putting green for Christmas!!

So now I have a 13.5' x 4' green in the basement and hopefully I can finally figure out a putter over the winter :)

Let us know what you think of it after using it for a while, especially the cup mechanism. I've considered getting one myself.

Went to Golf Zone in Chaska today -- lots of heated stalls, no lines and beer. Wife got me a Groupon - 8 hrs for $99

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Went to Golf Zone in Chaska today -- lots of heated stalls, no lines and beer. Wife got me a Groupon - 8 hrs for $99

I was wondering which range your picture was from. Very similar to Country Air over in Woodbury. Unfortunately both Chaska and Woodbury are an hour + drive from where I live now. There is a nice simulator golf setup in Coon Rapids at Bunker that I'm going to hit up this winter though.

Let us know what you think of it after using it for a while, especially the cup mechanism. I've considered getting one myself.

Will do. I just finally unrolled it tonight, but haven't had a chance to putt on it yet. I've been on daddy daycare duty pretty much all week.

I'll try the cups out as is, but I think I'll get frustrated with them since it's on a concrete floor and it's only about 1/2" thick. Right now my idea to get some MDF board and make a base out of it. Depending on the board I get it would add about 3/4" to it. If that's still not deep enough then I may have to bust out some 2x4's and make a frame, then install the MDF on top of that.

If I go that route I'll be sure to make a thread in the DIY section.

RoverRick I got to say that those are some sexy socks... I need to know if you get those from the same thong company or how I can get a hold of me some of those...

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

• SPY VIP

When we finally sit down tonight Nidine's gonna post some holiday pics. Until then here's a story.

Sittin on the throne this morning and I see a white box under the bed. I say hey what's that? Nidine's yells "oh it's a Christmas miracle, I forgot about that!" and then I got another present :)

temporary-105.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

RoverRick I got to say that those are some sexy socks... I need to know if you get those from the same thong company or how I can get a hold of me some of those...

Those are Muck Boots with the tops folded down, and the inside is blaze orange. I guess so that no one mistakes me for a deer, or perhaps a moose or elk is more likely.

When we finally sit down tonight Nidine's gonna post some holiday pics. Until then here's a story.

Sittin on the throne this morning and I see a white box under the bed. I say hey what's that? Nidine's yells "oh it's a Christmas miracle, I forgot about that!" and then I got another present :)

temporary-105.jpg

I appreciate you getting all dolled up for the picture, and I would say that I appreciate you telling in details almost as much a Nadine appreciated you leaving the bathroom door open. However, the picture of me was not like I had on my best bib and tucker.

I appreciate you getting all dolled up for the picture, and I would say that I appreciate you telling in details almost as much a Nadine appreciated you leaving the bathroom door open. However, the picture of me was not like I had on my best bib and tucker.

Yes, as many times as I tell him to shut the door, he still needs to be reminded. <_>

Yes, as many times as I tell him to shut the door, he still needs to be reminded. dry.gif

Well, he claims to be a manbearPIG after all.

Yes, as many times as I tell him to shut the door, he still needs to be reminded. dry.gif

Much like the first time a guy works up the courage to fart in front of his girl, leaving the door open is a sign of confidence and respect. You should feel blessed that MBP is confident enough in your relationship to take it to that level :D

So yesterday's Christmas present opening festivities at the Manbearpig residence started like this. I woke up to the Mr making noise in the kitchen as he got a bowl of cereal, then coming to bed and "munch, munch, munch" munching away on his cereal. I see it as an attempt to wake me up, but I was so very tired. It's about 9:30 in the morning and the only way I knew that was because of the figidity guy next to me who says "Are we getting up yet? Santa came! We need to open the peresents! Santa filled your stocking so much it fell off the fireplace! Come ON! I want to open presents". LOL still a kid at heart. Santa was good to us but I wanted to share this.

I started out our present opening in this

DSC00886a.jpg

BUT THEN this happened!

DSC01009a.jpgDSC01011a.jpg

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

Bettinardi put me on their website for their Studio B page. As you can see, I got all dressed up for the visit.

http://www.bettinardi.com/studio_b/fitting

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Damn, I would need a full time job to catch up with this thread. We need some weekly recaps!

Nice PJ's btw Nidine! As they say, a picture's worth a thousand words. Or, in my case, much easier to read than the thousands of words that were posted in the few days I was sans internet!

Speaking of pictures, here is an image from the balcony my dad's condo:

IMGP3903.JPG

Off Season, What the hell is an off season? blink.gif

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

temporary-105.jpg

Sar Wars Hmmmmmmmmmm!

Nice.

AJ

WITB

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

So yesterday's Christmas present opening festivities at the Manbearpig residence started like this. I woke up to the Mr making noise in the kitchen as he got a bowl of cereal, then coming to bed and "munch, munch, munch" munching away on his cereal. I see it as an attempt to wake me up, but I was so very tired. It's about 9:30 in the morning and the only way I knew that was because of the figidity guy next to me who says "Are we getting up yet? Santa came! We need to open the peresents! Santa filled your stocking so much it fell off the fireplace! Come ON! I want to open presents". LOL still a kid at heart. Santa was good to us but I wanted to share this.

I started out our present opening in this

DSC00886a.jpg

BUT THEN this happened!

DSC01009a.jpgDSC01011a.jpg

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

That's just dangerous. biggrin.gif LMAO

No wait! I see Star Wars on the couch.

AJ

WITB

"Go Hard or Go Home"

Cool pic!!! That great that you got to go in for the fitting. Let us know when you get the putter.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I have the putter already. It's a beauty!!

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Paris. That's the Eiffel Tower in the background.

My 1st thought was Vegas but then I saw the trees. Lol

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Off Season, What the hell is an off season? blink.gif

AJ

Sometimes I dislike living in northern climates :angry::D

Damn, I would need a full time job to catch up with this thread. We need some weekly recaps!

Nice PJ's btw Nidine! As they say, a picture's worth a thousand words. Or, in my case, much easier to read than the thousands of words that were posted in the few days I was sans internet!

Speaking of pictures, here is an image from the balcony my dad's condo:

IMGP3903.JPG

Obviously, he is in Paris, France not Paris, Texas. The Eiffel Tower in France is just plain where in Texas it has a hat on it. Of course this is the exception to the rule that everything is bigger in Texas.

eiffel.jpgeiffelTXPAR.jpg

I don't know, side by side the Paris Texas one is bigger.:rolleyes:

Here is a conversation starter, while searching for a picture of the Eiffel Tower (Paris, Tx style) with the cowboy hat, I came across this, located about 2 miles from the tower, if you are making the grand tour. It is a headstone in the local cemetery of Jesus and the Cross. However, if you were to look very closely you would see that Jesus is wearing cowboy boots. Who knew Jesus wore boots?

TXPARjesusboots_dearinger.jpg

• SPY VIP

Here is a conversation starter, while searching for a picture of the Eiffel Tower (Paris, Tx style) with the cowboy hat, I came across this, located about 2 miles from the tower, if you are making the grand tour. It is a headstone in the local cemetery of Jesus and the Cross. However, if you were to look very closely you would see that Jesus is wearing cowboy boots. Who knew Jesus wore boots?

TXPARjesusboots_dearinger.jpg

Jesus adapts to any situation.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Jesus adapts to any situation.

Well said.

I am rather sad this is at only 89 pages, have folks started to lose interest?

New news: This years buddy's golf trip is going back to Pinehurst!!! 1st week of May!! can't wait

!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived