Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

USGA Approves OnCore's Hollow-Metal Core Golf Ball

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

header.jpg

VISIT SITE 

For over thirty-five years the rules of the USGA have been largely unchanged when it comes to the specific characteristics governing golf ball technology and performance. While clubs have undergone significant changes during that period, the basic elements of golf ball construction have stayed fairly constant. However, on October 15, 2013, the USGA notified OnCore Golf that "Golf balls with rigid cores whose core diameters do not exceed 0.9 inches, such as the OnCore Evo Ball, will be permitted exceptions to the "traditional and customary form and make" requirement in Rule 1 of Appendix III." As a result of this new interpretation, OnCore's EVO ball was tested and found to be conforming to the Rules of Golf. It will appear on the list of conforming equipment which will next be updated on November 6th.

Industry thought-leaders have described the introduction of a hollow metal core as ".. a milestone in the history of golf and for the golf ball in particular.." The golf ball community now has the ability to consider and incorporate an entirely new approach to golf ball construction - leading to a wider variety of golf balls that can be tailored for players of all skill levels while remaining true to the Rules of Golf.

"We are thrilled with the USGA's determination that rigid cores such as the OnCore hollow metal-core, will be permissible in designing the golf balls of the future. We have had an enthusiastic reaction to our ball from players of all skill levels. Our objective has always been to help golfers have a better experience and get more enjoyment from the game," stated Bret Blakely, OnCore's President. "We expect that OnCore's products and technology which are exclusively secured by three U.S. patents will soon become the trendsetters in the industry."

One of our dreams is to have young, up and coming tour players using our equipment. With the USGA approval, this dream can become reality, which is really exciting for us." stated Steve Coulton, Vice President. "To accelerate that objective and provide OnCore with the financial resources needed to execute our plan, we've now established a partnership with SeedInvest - one of the leading equity-based, crowdfunding platforms connecting accredited investors to high-quality start-ups seeking funding. We encourage fans of the company and ball who might be interested in investing in OnCore to visit www.seedinvest.com/oncore.golf."

About OnCore Golf (www.oncoregolf.com) is a dynamic and innovated golf ball company led by two young entrepreneurs in their early 30s, Bret Blakely and Steve Coulton. The company is headquartered in Buffalo, NY and is dedicated to improving the lives, scores, and enjoyment of golfers of all skill levels by offering exciting products that live up to the company's tagline - "You Just Became a Better Golfer."

#TruthDigest

Ya'll going to test these pills ????

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Very interesting technology.  Do you know anyone who's actually hit them?  Any word on pricing yet?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• SPY VIP

Very interesting technology.  Do you know anyone who's actually hit them?  Any word on pricing yet?

I have one I picked up at the PGA Show last year. I've hit it a few times on safe holes just to see what it's like. Safe to say it feels pretty much what you'd expect a metal core ball to feel like. The company will tell you that with earmuffs on you can't tell the difference between it and a ProV1, and that's probably true given that feel is actually the byproduct of frequency. It's basically why Mizuno's Sound of Feel stuff is legit, and why when Nike talks about improving their RZN technology frequency is at the forefront of the discussion.

Anyway...yeah...feels metallic, and we don't golf with ear muffs on...well...this time of year I do, but not on the reg or anything.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I would be curious to see how these perform, but have my doubts that they will become the norm.

But then again I was sure that I would still be hitting a wound ball today.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I have spoke to a couple of guys that used them because I was interested in trying them. They all said they did see straighter drives but also lost some distance. I was going to buy some but the shipping was more than the balls. If they show up in a store near me I will give them a try just to see how they perform against other hard, low spin balls.

Archived