Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

So, What'd You Get for Christmas?

GolfSpy Barbajo

I just got a new driver, 3 wood, and 5 wood for Christmas!! They are Cobra Bio Cell. I set the driver to 10.5, the 3 wood to 16, and the 5 wood to 18 degrees and went out to play yesterday. I must say the woods are a definite improvement over my previous clubs. I don't think I hit a bad shot with them. Sorry I cannot say that about my irons or putter though. I intend to hit the range this week to further tweak the settings and "dial in" as much as possible what works for me.

Joe

Wife got me a new gaming headset for my PC and an Oregon Ducks t-shirt. Also had my son born 12/13/14 for the best gift I could ask for.

My dad and sisters got me a 4'x5' hitting mat from All Turf Mats. I'm gonna find a net and build a frame for the back yard soon.

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

We may need a music review thread Foz! Love to hear your take on the CSSNY Box Set.  An old buddy of mine sent me Dylan and The Band's Basement Tapes Bootleg box set - a continuation of a nearly 40 year old running gag....

Actually, the "new" Basement Tapes is on my list.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I just got a new driver, 3 wood, and 5 wood for Christmas!! They are Cobra Bio Cell. I set the driver to 10.5, the 3 wood to 16, and the 5 wood to 18 degrees and went out to play yesterday. I must say the woods are a definite improvement over my previous clubs. I don't think I hit a bad shot with them. Sorry I cannot say that about my irons or putter though. I intend to hit the range this week to further tweak the settings and "dial in" as much as possible what works for me.

Joe

Nice set up Joe, I have the same in my bag, set to 10.5, 15.5 and 18.5. They play very well. Did you get a color? Mine are Blue, of course. LOL

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Rev very true our Assistant Rector (my partner in crime LOL) did the sermon today and spoke on it. I actually had to hear it twice because I ran the sound on first and second services today but that was ok.

They were pretty shocked at the retirement home when I preached on it but they were also appreciative - it's a reminder that things aren't always as we would like them to be.

Hey I forget my best present..... a round of golf with Foz!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I did pick up a copy of Every Stroke Counts - started reading it yesterday and am half way through.  My favorite quote so far is that you can't hit it OB from the putting green -

I've seen some guys who could hit it in the water from the green with a putter but generally speaking there is a hazzard in the way or rough or something that makes it about impossible to hit a putt OB.  I have always thought that the adage Drive for show/putt for dough was the dumbest ever so I guess it' s nice to see the hard data.  I know too that someone like Hank Haney introduced data that suggested the largest difference between a pro and an average golfer was driving distance.  I think that's right because despite what lots of people claim the average player gives up somewhere between 80/90 yards to a pro off the tee, that quickly translates into more greens hit, closer proximity to the hole on greens hit and way, way fewer strokes.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived