Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

5 minutes ago, RaRa Golf said:

Exactly, just don't get in your head about it.

We PAY to play, not the other way around, so if you have a bad round, meh, it's just another day on the course.

I always have to remind myself that the only thing at stake out there is my ego, not a mortgage payment 😄 

Will keep you updated as to how it goes later today 😅 Cheers!

6 Handicap, 100+ rounds a year!

WITB - QI10 LS DRIVER 8 Degree - Ventus Black w/ Velocore 7, QI10 3 Wood - Evenflow Riptide 70, Taylormade Stealth Bomber 17°, Taylormade P7MB-23 Irons 4-PW, Vokey Wedges, Scotty Cameron Square Back

23 hours ago, Belshy said:

Recently purchased the TaylorMade Spider Tour X, the same one Rory uses. Haven’t put it in the bag yet as I am super comfortable with my Scotty SquareBack. Haven’t ever used a mallet style putter but I do like the feel of it on the practice green. Has anyone experienced a huge change to putting average after make a switch from blade style to mallet or vice versa? 

Hard to say if improvements are based on more focus on putting skills or because of the putter itself.   Any believe putters should be fit to your stroke,  others just adapt to whatever putter they are using and stay with it forever, and others think any putter works and it is more about skill development.   

the squareback is technically a mid mallet so you already use a larger design than a blade.  The spiders are fairly small so it shouldn’t be that big of a change visually.  

why did you buy the new putter if you are comfortable with the current one?   Either you just want a new putter ( so performance doesn’t matter) or you want to improve (looking for performance benefits).  If it is the later, it only matters if you improve so take the putter out and see how it does.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Hard to say if improvements are based on more focus on putting skills or because of the putter itself.   Any believe putters should be fit to your stroke,  others just adapt to whatever putter they are using and stay with it forever, and others think any putter works and it is more about skill development.   

the squareback is technically a mid mallet so you already use a larger design than a blade.  The spiders are fairly small so it shouldn’t be that big of a change visually.  

why did you buy the new putter if you are comfortable with the current one?   Either you just want a new putter ( so performance doesn’t matter) or you want to improve (looking for performance benefits).  If it is the later, it only matters if you improve so take the putter out and see how it does.   

Edited by Donn lost in San Diego
posted to wrong poster

Drv: PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex; and 2004 Callaway 454 Ti 10 deg on RCH 65 regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno 2017 version JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5; Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7; Sand: old 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, heavy sole, Apex shaft.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Dang it, I was trying to reply to Belshy.  sorry.  I type first and then look.  My bad.

Drv: PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex; and 2004 Callaway 454 Ti 10 deg on RCH 65 regular flex.

Wedges: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5; Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7; Sand: old 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, heavy sole, Apex shaft.

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃

On 6/24/2024 at 7:35 AM, Belshy said:

Recently purchased the TaylorMade Spider Tour X, the same one Rory uses. Haven’t put it in the bag yet as I am super comfortable with my Scotty SquareBack. Haven’t ever used a mallet style putter but I do like the feel of it on the practice green. Has anyone experienced a huge change to putting average after make a switch from blade style to mallet or vice versa? 

I don't have stats, sorry, but, I am 1000% happier with putting any face balanced mallet type, and, here I go again, cross handed, the front hand half on the bottom of the grip and up to half on the shaft pointing down.  I had a Musty wood mallet I liked more than a very nice TM Model 7 bronze Newport/Anser style from way back.  But ditched it when I learned about toe hang and when I went xhand.  Had a great Odyssey center shaft.  Stolen.  Got a Sxotty Futura X, circa 2015, big thing, with the curving out wings.  But too unstable short.  Landed my current Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" ball and no longer hunting.  Tho:   I also like Edel F1 Array, 4.0 and 5.  Many Ping balanceds. Some Evnroll.  Spyders are good but I thing a wedge shape is the most stable for long and short.  Spyders are great on short. Cobra SIK good.  Cleveland 14.  If you decide to try a fitting I would certainly try Sacks Parente, two experienced design guys on their own now.  New Mizuno, but too $$$ since I am very happy with my current. Shefflerrrrrrr$$$$$$ is on mallets and now is threatening to move past Bill Gates in wealth.  I live in S Diego, have 5 yes 5 Golf Mart stores in my reach, and spent many many hours over 3 years hitting putters in all 5 before landing on the "R" Ball.  It has 2 piece multi material shaft and a large counter balance grip too.  Best of all worlds for me.

2 hours ago, RaRa Golf said:

There's a looped string with a tensioner on the side that you can slide it into and secure it.

There should be a little circle or slot at the bottom of the bag for the tip of the umbrella to sit in too. 

image.png.02fbf523c7fdebde72bbff6645c3d7cd.png

Ohhhhhhhh thanks buddy now I won't look like such a lemon 😂😂😂

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

8 hours ago, Shinnman said:

You know the umbrella doesn’t go there…

it does now.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

Golf Pride MCC Align Midsize grips

I bought a set of these for my irons during winter this year after finding out how much I love midsize grips. I have to say I am very impressed. The grips alone are average to plus but where they really shine is with the alignment aid.

They go on the underside of the grip and the thought is to help you with your grip alignment. However, I believe where they shine is in a pre swing check of grip pressure.

The red line on the grip is made of a tougher, yet slightly raised rubber material that really isn't that noticeable unless gripped on the tighter side. It helps in getting your knuckles in the right spot and helps to remind me once I do have the proper position, to lighten up my grasp on the club.

Because they are new to me, I cant say that this will disappear from the back of my mind or if it will wear rather quick. I guess time will tell. But for now, count me in as a happy buyer.

Definitely on the more expensive spectrum when it comes to the grip category. I paid $11.99 per grip and with 5-GW & AW I think I was out the door at around $120 US. As for now I say it was worth the investment. If you are getting new grips anyways, the difference in price would be from $8-20 and for something that I feel can be considered a training aid that you use every time you golf is a win in my books.

s-l1200.jpg

D - Ping 430 10k

i - Callaway Apex 21

w - Volkey SM9

P - Evnroll ER5

9 hours ago, gingerbeast87 said:

Where is the brolly meant to go? What's meant to go in there? I did manage to get my putter and brolly in there without too much if a squeeze

That’s your putter spot.  On the outside there is a spot for your brolly.  

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

Saved money again: Didn't swap out my 60 degree wedge for a 56 or 58, just had my fitter lower the loft to 58 and fix the lie angle.

4 hours ago, cburins said:

I just got these fancy new Footjoy Shoes. I love the look of the classic style! Thoughts? 

IMG_4382.jpg.34d20ad9b6d6d32f3a0953dff5885763.jpg

Very fancy…Al Capone like

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

7 minutes ago, Shinnman said:

Very fancy…Al Capone like

Or Peewee Herman lol 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 - TENSEI AV Series White 65 Stiff

3wood: Taylormade Stealth - Ventus Blue Stiff 

Driving Iron: Ping Crossover 3iron - Ping Stiff 

Irons: 4-PW Titleist AP2 - Dynamic Gold S300 

Wedges: 52 Vokey SM6 (F Grind), 56 Vokey SM8 (D Grind), 60 Vokey SM9 (M grind)

Putter: Versa Odyssey Jailbird - Superstroke Pistol 1.0

Ball: Taylormade Distance+

56 minutes ago, cburins said:

Or Peewee Herman lol 

I mean... if the shoe fits............. 🫣

Driver: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero & Epic Flash TaylorMade M5 Mizuno ST-190

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 16º (2014) Adams Black Super Hybrid 17º / Adams Super Hybrid 19º

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey 2-Ball® / O-Works 2-Ball Fang Tank Ping Candence TR Tomcat C

6 hours ago, cburins said:

I just got these fancy new Footjoy Shoes. I love the look of the classic style! Thoughts? 

IMG_4382.jpg.34d20ad9b6d6d32f3a0953dff5885763.jpg

Did you get the matching fedora?  Very 20s swing style!  Like it!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

56 minutes ago, cburins said:

Or Peewee Herman lol 

Trivia time: PeeWees father was one of Israel's first 2 fighter pilots.  Mr. Rubens was a fighter pilot for USA in WW2. Israel got ahold of 2 planes after the war and Rubens and another pilot flew them in Israel War of Independence in 1948. Surprised their opponents. Nothing to do with golf but shoes is shoes.

On 6/23/2024 at 4:23 PM, Donn lost in San Diego said:

You might have brought the old bag to a laundry/tailor and get a new zipper for $20.

Yeah I am still considering doing that, I tried to set up a magnet thing as a temp fix, but it was sloppy. The zipper was pulled off the nylon so its frayed and off the rack for a bit. I purchased a zipper repair kit off temu so Ill be able to fix it. It just also had wear from cart rubbing and a lil cigar burn and to be honest, I just wanted to buy this bag at the price, happy with the purchase too. But you are correct logically and that is the reasonable solution. I just, well I have an issue

Edited by KOG

Driver : Yamaha RMX 220 9.5 With Diamana ZF50 Stiff

3 Wood : Yamaha RMX 15* with Evenflow Green Stiff

7 Wood: Yamaha RMX VD 21* with Diamana Whiteboard 60 Stiff

5 Hybrid : PXG 3017x (2nd gen) w KBS Tour Graphite Stiff

Utility Iron/ 5 iron: Srixon ZX 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-gw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

52* Maltby Max w KBS C taper 120 stiff

58* TaylorMade MG3 w KBS C taper 120 Stiff

Putter: PRGR Silver Blade mid-mallet slant

Revelation CEO Cart Bag

9 hours ago, KOG said:

Yeah I am still considering doing that, I tried to set up a magnet thing as a temp fix, but it was sloppy. The zipper was pulled off the nylon so its frayed and off the rack for a bit. I purchased a zipper repair kit off temu so Ill be able to fix it. It just also had wear from cart rubbing and a lil cigar burn and to be honest, I just wanted to buy this bag at the price, happy with the purchase too. But you are correct logically and that is the reasonable solution. I just, well I have an issue

Shiny new object syndrome.

56 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

It's here, it's here!!!  Actually not sure which item(s) it may be...🤪 😜 I kind of got banned from the lady boss this go round on golf purchases 

Screenshot_20240626_093258_Aosu.jpg

“I didn’t purchase anything new, it was back ordered for a while and just came in!”

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

38 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

This came in yesterday. Gotta get it to the range to determine if it's going right in to the bag or not.

Face and overall footprint look larger than my BRNR Mini.

20240625_151719.jpg.b0392a01e8005eb138741677d5e76134.jpg

20240625_151913.jpg.818fcaf9978338ee672f6e6fb8b32125.jpg

20240625_151813.jpg.fbe75ad6ca14d4c81099938777a6e1fc.jpg

Today's mini is yesterday's normal.  Looks like a early Ti driver 10 deg loft I owned 20 yrs ago.

On 6/25/2024 at 6:19 AM, buckpillar said:

Didn’t buy it but my buddy gave me this Ping bag for regrouping his driver and for teaching his grand kids golf swings Ping pioneer cart bag

image.jpeg.ffc2259531e8e0d53df76bed99deaa70.jpeg

Nice, I use a Pioneer bag too, I got it used but in like new condition for $20.

image.png.e066e6d8f410176a3c2929ecba98c7a9.png

Driver: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero & Epic Flash TaylorMade M5 Mizuno ST-190

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 16º (2014) Adams Black Super Hybrid 17º / Adams Super Hybrid 19º

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey 2-Ball® / O-Works 2-Ball Fang Tank Ping Candence TR Tomcat C

5 hours ago, RaRa Golf said:

Nice, I use a Pioneer bag too, I got it used but in like new condition for $20.

image.png.e066e6d8f410176a3c2929ecba98c7a9.png

That's a great deal, I just transferred all my stuff into mine this morning

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

6 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Well, it arrived and is going in the bag. 

20240626_154937.jpg.303b59dc97173010ba3cd0375fadf9a3.jpg

Pulled the 5w out.  

Bag set up at the top.

TSR3 

Paradym mini

TSR2 4w

19* hybrid 

That was quick!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons