jlukes

What equipment are you thinking about?

Our Sponsors

I've been thinking about getting a lower lofted hybrid since I'm arguing with my driver.  Looking for something that I can use primarily off the tee and will hit the ground running.

WITB

Driver: Titleist TS2 10.5º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow

Titleist 816 H1 21º & 25º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (6-PW): Srixon 765 w/ Project X LZ

Wedges: 50º Ping Glide, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

My simple advice is don’t waste your time doing a golf galaxy fitting.

Thank you, any suggestions to where to go for a putter fitting?

I don't want to limit myself to one brand.

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Driver :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

1 minute ago, SnakeDoc said:

Somewhere that uses Quintic or SAM for the fitting, such as Club Champion

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Cool, there is a club champion not too far from me, thank you.

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Driver :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

3 minutes ago, SnakeDoc said:

Cool, there is a club champion not too far from me, thank you.

I have heard the putter fittings can be hit and miss at Club Champion (dependent on the specific fitter) but at least you gets some analytics from it.

• Like 2

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

dlow206 has provided an ideal way, but even with those you need to ensure that the person understands the numbers. A different putter may change the results.

The problem with GG fittings is they typically have no fitting knowledge and tell you to pick a putter and then do some static measurements.

If you want to do some self fitting see how well you can roll the ball over a dime that is about 16” in front of a ball. Use different stroke lengths. This helps determine if you can start the ball on your intended line.

You can then see if you can roll balls to a 20 foot line and see how well you group those putts.
  • Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I have heard the putter fittings can be hit and miss at Club Champion (dependent on the specific fitter) but at least you gets some analytics from it.

My main goal is to get a putter I can trust the line when aiming, it feels like my putter head is no longer properly aligned, to expect being 25 years old.

I will keep that in mind and if I get a fitting from them, I will give the fitter as much information as I can about my current misses and my goals with the new putter.

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

12 minutes ago, cnosil said:

dlow206 has provided an ideal way, but even with those you need to ensure that the person understands the numbers. A different putter may change the results.

The problem with GG fittings is they typically have no fitting knowledge and tell you to pick a putter and then do some static measurements.

If you want to do some self fitting see how well you can roll the ball over a dime that is about 16” in front of a ball. Use different stroke lengths. This helps determine if you can start the ball on your intended line.

You can then see if you can roll balls to a 20 foot line and see how well you group those putts.

Unfortunately most of the stores near me only have putting greens that are a few feet long, and normally I am putting from outside 25 feet 75% of the time.

• Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Recently read that the sweet spot on blade-style wedges was closer to the heel than the center of the face - at least with the older SM5/6 models. I need to get something that has that spot closer to the center.

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Trying an experiment tomorrow. I put my son’s Big Bertha Fusion on an AD TP 6x shaft I had in the golf room. Head may have a touch too much loft at 10.5* so if it works decent lofted down 1* I may look for a lower lofted head to try. Looking to hit fairways at this point and anything is in the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

50 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Trying an experiment tomorrow. I put my son’s Big Bertha Fusion on an AD TP 6x shaft I had in the golf room. Head may have a touch too much loft at 10.5* so if it works decent lofted down 1* I may look for a lower lofted head to try. Looking to hit fairways at this point and anything is in the table.

If anything is on the table and your goal is hitting fairways, I have a Nike Sumo2 5900 (the square one) sitting in the garage. That thing will put the ball in the fairway, but it will be much shorter than you are used to and it will sound like you are hitting balls with an aluminum baseball bat.

• Like 1

Updated 7/14/2020

As of yesterday, I had not thought about any new equipment for the week, but that couldn't last. My tangential equipment thought (not directly golf equipment) is about bumper plates and a barbell. Need some bigger weights than i have in my home gym so that I can go on the Bryson bulk.

• Like 1

Updated 7/14/2020

On 7/15/2020 at 3:08 PM, TSauer said:

I want to pull the trigger on this headcover so badly... I just can't seem to do it. 

Eggs-Feature-1_H900_Mcrop_P50-50.jpg

That's an awesome looking head cover and I'm glad to hear you picked it up. I'm surprised with the conversation you had with @Rickp that he didn't beat you to it just to show some Bacon Boys pride. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If anything is on the table and your goal is hitting fairways, I have a Nike Sumo2 5900 (the square one) sitting in the garage. That thing will put the ball in the fairway, but it will be much shorter than you are used to and it will sound like you are hitting balls with an aluminum baseball bat.

Well that is not on the table same as I am not giving the Hammer driver a go either. I have at least hit this head with the shaft my son used to play and it is fairly long and dead straight. Hell I used his junior sticks for a 9 hole round and shot -1 two years ago. Every drive was 260-265 right down the middle and that was with a cut down HZRDUS T800 in a 5.0 flex.

• Like 3

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

On 7/13/2020 at 6:49 AM, juspoole said:

Thanks - this is actually what I have now - well the Rukkett version like you and I agree it looks the same.  I've had it for a year and a half and unfortunately I'm close to putting a ball through the net, so I've been careful about how much I've used it the past couple months.  To save money, i would consider coming up with a solution to get the impact screen and still use the rukkett and just buy a new net for it, but unsure how that would work.  Maybe forgo the screen and just use an old 55" tv.

FYI - you can buy a replacement net directly from Rukkett for $44.99

https://www.rukket.com/collections/hitting-nets/products/haack-golf-net-replacement-net-only

TaylorMade M6 Driver
Callaway Rogue 3W

Callaway Rogue 4Hybrid
TaylorMade M6 irons
Mizuno MP-T7 wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter
Snell "MTB" Golf Ball

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy

Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges. I can’t stop searching for reviews from anybody that has hit them already. 

Also the PXG 0311p Irons still keep getting typed into the google search box in between the Cleveland wedge search! Lol

• Like 3

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Someone gave me a $50 Visa Gift card - went with a pair of Sketchers that week on close out. I needed a new pair of shoes

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

That's an awesome looking head cover and I'm glad to hear you picked it up. I'm surprised with the conversation you had with [mention=69092]Rickp[/mention] that he didn't beat you to it just to show some Bacon Boys pride. 

I missed it!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Been testing out graphite iron shafts.   Have found a few to try while I was doing most wanted testing;  still want to try a few more but have learned 95gr-105gr is probably a good spot to target weight wise.   

So far I have tried:

• Mitsubishi MMT
  • KBS TGI
  • Fujikura Ventus
  • Fujikura Pro
  • Honma Vizard

Fujikura Pro's are my favorite so far but the others were a in the 70 gr range while the Fujikura Pro's were 95 gr.   Graphite will eventually be in my irons but I am not in a hurry and will be enjoying the quest to find the right ones.  

• Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have a driving iron in the shopping cart probably will be purchasing it in a day or so. I've been striking irons super well and have a gap between my 4i and 3w hoping this fits the bill.

Edit:https://www.golfworks.com/maltby-ke4-fdi-hybrids/p/kma0305/

That's what I'm thinking about it's 100 bucks built

• Like 1