What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

28 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

This came up while watching utube video, interested in trying some of it and wondering if anyone has tried it and was there improvement for you?

IMG_20230506_120258.jpg

I have not but I know that a few forum members have used the Ryp Stick; I believe there's a thread maybe under Unofficial Reviews... 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

55 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

I have not but I know that a few forum members have used the Ryp Stick; I believe there's a thread maybe under Unofficial Reviews... 

I'm pretty sure @edingc was one person who tried it. If I'm not mistaken, he's now using the Stack. 

Here's a link to the unofficial review @Bang60

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

👍 thanks 

46 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm pretty sure @edingc was one person who tried it. If I'm not mistaken, he's now using the Stack. 

Here's a link to the unofficial review @Bang60

nice 👍 I liked his approach to the mental exercises to change swing mechanics so they became automatic…

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

I found a new coach that I really connected with. I took my first lesson with him the other day.

I had paid for lessons when I first started to play, but I realize now that I just threw money away.  He taught me nothing, just made me hit balls without telling me really anything iwas doing wrong or correcting me at all. I have since learned my grip was wrong, my swing was wrong, relying on my right arm pushing instead of my left arm pulling the club, I was trying to help the ball get loft by hitting way too far back in my stance, getting no distance on anything over an 8 iron. I'd considered selling everything and quiting.

After my lesson, and a few hours of practice, my swing started to come together and I am getting distance and better accuracy. So, I guess I'm starting over. It's working though, I dropped about 6 strokes in my league game last week. It's weekly lessons for the next couple of months for me.

I may end up being a golfer after all!

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 15.5° 3/F Baffler Rail F

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 21° 4 Hybrid

Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid 

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

38 minutes ago, TheOther1 said:

I found a new coach that I really connected with. I took my first lesson with him the other day.

I had paid for lessons when I first started to play, but I realize now that I just threw money away.  He taught me nothing, just made me hit balls without telling me really anything iwas doing wrong or correcting me at all. I have since learned my grip was wrong, my swing was wrong, relying on my right arm pushing instead of my left arm pulling the club, I was trying to help the ball get loft by hitting way too far back in my stance, getting no distance on anything over an 8 iron. I'd considered selling everything and quiting.

After my lesson, and a few hours of practice, my swing started to come together and I am getting distance and better accuracy. So, I guess I'm starting over. It's working though, I dropped about 6 strokes in my league game last week. It's weekly lessons for the next couple of months for me.

I may end up being a golfer after all!

I love hearing this, especially being someone who used to teach. Was always the best feeling having a student get excited about game after some lessons 

Edited by ZackS

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Went ro driving range yesterday after reading that hinge message and watching some (Chris Ryan?) video on Youtube. That video gave a nice drill to work on getting hinge right, but I also noticed how he gripped his club. I realised that despite watching all the videos on that subject I had my left (upper) hand still wrong. It wasn't weak or strong per se, but the club wasn't just on my fingertips, but I somehow managed to kind of squeeze it.

I had just my 7 iron again, so I might have to adjust a bit with driver especially, but once again showed how important it is to have tge fundamentals just right. 

Also played a bit with one drill on hip turn I just saw on Mark Crossfield's IG and that might come handy when I get my swing a bit more consistent still.

But now I feel like I could go and play on course again, so everything is aligning just in time for summer. 

WITB: TaylorMade M2 driver (2017), Adams Tightlies 16deg fw, Wilson Staff 21deg hybrid, 4-PW Wilson FG Tour Forged V2 irons, Rommy Armour 52 and 60 deg, Wilson Staff 56deg, Seemore putter.

Starting the 2023 season with a 28.4 HCP. 

I made some time over the weekend for some backyard wedge practice.  I figure i hit about 300 shots between 45 & 65 yards.

It was interesting to note where the face impact spot was in the different sessions.  Early evening the quarter size spot was consistent and slightly toward the heel.  After supper the quarter size spot was still consistent but slightly toward the toe.  I managed to miss the sweet spot each time by about 1/2 a ball.  I guess i could say i was just saving the sweet spot for playing instead of practicing!  😄

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Yesterday afternoon went and practiced a little bit with the NEW Full Toes. They're REALLY nice. It SHOULDN'T take too long to get used to them. That "J" grind is very helpful. I did try a few of the Mickelson "hinge and hold" and it worked nicely for about the first 15-20 then I got a little bit over-zealous. The only real problem I had was; I wasn't sure if my aiming was off or if my shots were affected by the cross wind. It was definitely easy to open the face and slide it right under for the super soft flop shot. I think these are either gonna save my a$$ or get into trouble or more than likely- both

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

2 man league scramble tonight and last week my putting was terrible to say the least felt like I was pulling everything so last night went and putted what I felt like was 100 balls and while I was practicing started to try the claw grip and I see why so many people use it I feel like my speed control was way off but my accuracy and hitting my line were so much better not ready to bring it to competition yet but I defiantly see the pros and cons of it and I think I'm going to make the switch once I get more comfortable with the speed changes needed 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

Last night, I went out and hit some balls and it felt great. I have not played well so far this year, and I think it has come down to the fact that I was doing too much with my swing. I tried to slow it down, focus on releasing my hands through impact, better tempo, etc. I went out last night and only had one swing though: hit the ball. I hit the ball last night better than I have hit it all this year. I'm planning on going out again tonight and doing the same thing. Golf is hard, but making it harder on yourself ruins the game. From now on, im just going to swing my swing. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

Practiced short putts this morning using my PuttOut mat. Mainly looking for end-over-end roll, direction and speed on these shorter putts. Practiced short putts this morning using my PuttOut mat. Mainly looking for end-over-end roll, direction and speed on these shorter putts.

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Good morning all, did some bunker work this morning, some 30-40 yd bunker shots (just in case) then putted with my alignment sticks startling the hole and a putting mirror at the end of the alignment sticks as I have a tendancy to “cut” putts once in a while, then to the range for about 20 balls, started with punch pitching wedges to get the feel of good contact, then full pw maybe 5 balls each, then 10-7 irons then straight to about 8 drivers. Felt good so went and washed the car lol

committed to performance excellence

Good getting to know you session with the test putter (Link 1) today.  Didn't really do any drills or focus on any specific distance.  Mostly just worked learning the putter from varying distances before jumping into single ball situational practice.   I'm thinking I'm going to integrate the Single ball a lot more.  It felt purposeful in the same way that doing drills or specific distances focus does and with the added bonus that I'm not bored out of my skull by the end.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

realized my driver issues, and iron striking issues, are coming from how my wrists are at the top of my backswing. My lead wrist is cupped at the start of my downswing which is leading me my hands to come out and not close the face at all. Did a lot of NTC cast A drills today using foam balls and started hitting some pretty draws. Planning on going to the range tomorrow and seeing that action with actual balls.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Played 9 at Rose Hill, a nearby Par 3 today. First time playing this one. Nice course with lots of bunkering, water on several holes and small greens.

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Got to the range and worked a lot of the NTC both with irons and driver. After that, because i was still struggling with driver strike, I did some random practice trying to explore the face while also trying to start my ball right of a alignment stick 15 feet in front of my ball. I didn't succeed in where to start the ball but my strike was much better and so was ball flight. I really tried to focus on the feelings each strike gave so i can correct on the fly. Did the same thing then with my 6i after driver and really liked the results I saw.

On putting green, I am trying to implement some aimpoint express feels into starting lines. Its rough as I don't have a great sense of different pressures in my feet. I will say my lag putting was spot on and continues to be a shining point of the LAB.

Worked in the short game area on different kinds of chips. My 58 is actually more versitle than I thought, so I might try chipping more with it and saving my 54 for longer chips. Also spent 15 mins working on green side bunker shots with both my 54 and 58. First set was just get out of the bunker. I was 11/12 there. The second was to a target about 15 yards away. Getting out was also 11/12. Then I varied to three spots, short sided, middle and long. I was 22/24 getting out but struggled with short side and long. I will say I have a lot more confidence now getting out of bunkers after today's work.

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

I've been getting a lot of range time in lately working on feels and short game. Distance control in the short game has been a killer on my scorecard on the past few rounds. Hoping to get a few rounds in over the coming weeks to continue the progress! 

:taylormade-small:  SIM2 10.5° - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black 70

:taylormade-small:  SIM2 Max 3 wood - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

:cobra-small:  LTDx - 3 Hybrid - KBS PGI 85

:mizuno-small:  Pro 223 - 4/G  - True Temper Dynamic Gold x100

:cleveland-small:  588 RTX - 54/58° - True Temper Dynamic Gold 

:cameron-small: Phantom X 5 - Garsen Max 15

Took a lesson today with the same instructor I had been working with over the winter. It’s been about 2 months since my last session. Really had a good session working in staying above the plane. Strong tendency lately with my irons to be below the plane getting the club head to far around/behind my body, heel is hitting the turf first shutting the face for a hard pull shot. Really was able to correct it nicely with some wedge drills hopefully it will continue to transition positively. Club path in short wedges was +14 previously and after it was +4. Crazy part is I’ve gone to the opposite end of the spectrum since being -5 path on the trackman. game is heading in the right direction and I know I am close with my irons and wedges 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I worked on my balance and posture! I struggle with often taking what I call a "power lifting" stance sometimes at address.... often leaning over toward the ball and getting the weight on my toes.  When this happens I end up choking down because my clubs can feel too long and things tend to get out of sorts...

It was amazing to me to see how difficult it could be breaking the above habit I established. As always- work to be done!

Taylormade Sim driver

New Level 623 CBs

Tour edge exotics 3 wood

Rife 2 bar putter

8 hours ago, Jmglass said:

I worked on my balance and posture! I struggle with often taking what I call a "power lifting" stance sometimes at address.... often leaning over toward the ball and getting the weight on my toes.  When this happens I end up choking down because my clubs can feel too long and things tend to get out of sorts...

It was amazing to me to see how difficult it could be breaking the above habit I established. As always- work to be done!

What is a power lifting stance?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

34 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

What is a power lifting stance?

image.gif.d868416b28a23cf6f9f2248da4c34b2a.gif😂

Edited by ZackS

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

4 minutes ago, ZackS said:

image.gif.d868416b28a23cf6f9f2248da4c34b2a.gif😂

I get the sarcasm/joke but squatting is more than just a powerlfiting movement and there are 2 other lifts that’s go into powerlfiting 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I went to the range yesterday to work on some grip changes.  Hand and wrist issues this year have caused some problems and i need to adjust.  I will just say its a work in progress at this point.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Speed training and after took some videos trying to get feelings right. I think this is what I need to get to. Will take a lot of slow reps. Might need a break from speed training to make this swing natural. 

My Reviews:

2 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Speed training and after took some videos trying to get feelings right. I think this is what I need to get to. Will take a lot of slow reps. Might need a break from speed training to make this swing natural. 

looks like a solid swing, funny looking fairway though lol

committed to performance excellence

also found this video helpful today. @Jnoble89, this might be helpful for you.

My Reviews: