Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

It is actually not that much more than an 8 Plus. For the extra few bucks I am giving the X a try.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Definitely interested to hear what you think. I'm ready for an upgrade but am waiting on the Christmas deals to keep the bill down.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

It is actually not that much more than an 8 Plus. For the extra few bucks I am giving the X a try.

That's great! I've got the 7 and love it!

Wife has the 7 plus and the camera is a lot better than mine and the X supposed to be the best yet.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Definitely interested to hear what you think. I'm ready for an upgrade but am waiting on the Christmas deals to keep the bill down.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Just got to play around with it for the last half an hour and we'll it is different. Not having a home button is a bit interesting but sure I will get used to it. Build quality is great and it has a great sized screen in the size of a normal iPhone. That is a huge plus for me and the main reason I went with it over the 8 Plus.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Just got to play around with it for the last half an hour and we'll it is different. Not having a home button is a bit interesting but sure I will get used to it. Build quality is great and it has a great sized screen in the size of a normal iPhone. That is a huge plus for me and the main reason I went with it over the 8 Plus.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be happy with it

Rick

Left Hand, 

Kidney stones.

So not fun. At least it moved quickly, hoping it's about fully gone. At least it was only an hour or so of raw agony. First one I had was 6 hours.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Kidney stones.

So not fun. At least it moved quickly, hoping it's about fully gone. At least it was only an hour or so of raw agony. First one I had was 6 hours.

Oh boy kidney stones! I only had them once about 3 years ago. Lasted about 24 hours thought I was going to die. Never, ever want them again. My wife thought I burst appendix so she called 911. EMT guys gave me some morphine so helped. Spent a couple hours at hospital. Fun times

Rick

Left Hand, 

Oh boy kidney stones! I only had them once about 3 years ago. Lasted about 24 hours thought I was going to die. Never, ever want them again. My wife thought I burst appendix so she called 911. EMT guys gave me some morphine so helped. Spent a couple hours at hospital. Fun times

I had kidney stones once about 15 years ago.  Lasted 24 hours, and I missed the flight for one of my 2 week trips to Russia.  A lady at the hospital told me they are probably about a close as a man can get to experiencing childbirth pain.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I had kidney stones once about 15 years ago.  Lasted 24 hours, and I missed the flight for one of my 2 week trips to Russia.  A lady at the hospital told me they are probably about a close as a man can get to experiencing childbirth pain.

According to friends who have experienced both, kidney stones are worse. Maybe it's because you don't get anything for your pain with a kidney stone.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Try having a hemorrhoidectomy. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Saw my pro last night out on the town.We sat and talked about the results of my 3 years of lessons from him.I told him all the troubles and tribulations as any hacker would do.He stressed that it is a process.And need to film constantly and monitor if I'm doing it correctly no matter the score.He even had me film on the course sporadically to monitor the movements.Unfortunately his move was a whole assortment of micro moves for me.Using it would maybe yield many bad hits.When I would just swing the club my swing would always revert back to pre lesson natural wrong.Our discussion summed up to continue lessons with him and constant monitoring on my own.Question is?after 3 years of hard work wouldn't you think some of this would be natural already?And why is it that when I just swing I always revert back to incorrect?Dont you think 3 years should be enough?How much longer do I need to pursue his help and see natural results.Im thinking I need to just let it go.As the frustration level has really gotten to me.Believe me,I put hundreds of hours into implementing his advice

Rant / opinion at same time

Keep it in the short stuff

Saw my pro last night out on the town.We sat and talked about the results of my 3 years of lessons from him.I told him all the troubles and tribulations as any hacker would do.He stressed that it is a process.And need to film constantly and monitor if I'm doing it correctly no matter the score.He even had me film on the course sporadically to monitor the movements.Unfortunately his move was a whole assortment of micro moves for me.Using it would maybe yield many bad hits.When I would just swing the club my swing would always revert back to pre lesson natural wrong.Our discussion summed up to continue lessons with him and constant monitoring on my own.Question is?after 3 years of hard work wouldn't you think some of this would be natural already?And why is it that when I just swing I always revert back to incorrect?Dont you think 3 years should be enough?How much longer do I need to pursue his help and see natural results.Im thinking I need to just let it go.As the frustration level has really gotten to me.Believe me,I put hundreds of hours into implementing his advice

3 years and still not feeling the swing? Time to get a different set of eyes and approach to coach you. That's a long time to not get the swing ingrained. I'm pretty sure you've been putting in the time too.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

3 years and still not feeling the swing? Time to get a different set of eyes and approach to coach you. That's a long time to not get the swing ingrained. I'm pretty sure you've been putting in the time too.

MDGolfHacker

Agree, doesn't sound right.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Thanks guys.The fun was just taken out of the game constantly monitoring.Just odd how nothing he taught me really stuck.Actually my backswing is shorter and more controllable.So can't say everything.But the rest all reverts back to pre lesson.Im very disappointed in myself more than anything

Thanks guys.The fun was just taken out of the game constantly monitoring.Just odd how nothing he taught me really stuck.Actually my backswing is shorter and more controllable.So can't say everything.But the rest all reverts back to pre lesson.Im very disappointed in myself more than anything

I've had the same instructor for 5 years but I only see him when I'm in “meltdown mode”. After 3-4 1/2 Hour sessions I'm good to go for 6 months to 1year. He doesn't try to change my swing only to get it playable. My shooting even par days are gone. When I stay in high 70's low 80's I'm a happy ole fart.

My neighbor seems to be going all the time and I don't see what it's doing except frustrating him. He wants continuous improvement for his money spent. And he spends a lot!

My way may not be perfect but suits my age and lifestyle.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Try having a hemorrhoidectomy. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone!

I'll see that and raise you a Cystoscopy without general anesthesia!!  if you're not familiar with that, google it and be prepared to bend over in agony just reading about it.    MDHacker had been considering one, until I gave him a report about mine.   I think he has decided to pass on it...LOL

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'll see that and raise you a Cystoscopy without general anesthesia!! if you're not familiar with that, google it and be prepared to bend over in agony just reading about it. MDHacker had been considering one, until I gave him a report about mine. I think he has decided to pass on it...LOL

I don't like the sound of it even B4 Googling it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I've had the same instructor for 5 years but I only see him when I'm in “meltdown mode”. After 3-4 1/2 Hour sessions I'm good to go for 6 months to 1year. He doesn't try to change my swing only to get it playable. My shooting even par days are gone. When I stay in high 70's low 80's I'm a happy ole fart.

My neighbor seems to be going all the time and I don't see what it's doing except frustrating him. He wants continuous improvement for his money spent. And he spends a lot!

My way may not be perfect but suits my age and lifestyle.

Those are scores anyone would love to have.Me and your neighbor are in the majority.You usually only hear success stories on these places.The majority kinda keeps our heartache offline

I'll see that and raise you a Cystoscopy without general anesthesia!! if you're not familiar with that, google it and be prepared to bend over in agony just reading about it. MDHacker had been considering one, until I gave him a report about mine. I think he has decided to pass on it...LOL

Yup, yes I have for now... Ha ha ha

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Those are scores anyone would love to have.Me and your neighbor are in the majority.You usually only hear success stories on these places.The majority kinda keeps our heartache offline

When I have a “meltdown” it's freakin catastrophic. I mean can't hit the ball at all. He shows every the stupid things on doing, straightens me out pats me on the head and sends me back out there.

My neighbor is after perfection, always wants to be shooting par, every shot a great one. Sorry, that ship sailed. He needs to be happy with his 80 and have an adult beverage......or 2.

Rick

Left Hand, 

When I have a “meltdown” it's freakin catastrophic. I mean can't hit the ball at all. He shows every the stupid things on doing, straightens me out pats me on the head and sends me back out there.

My neighbor is after perfection, always wants to be shooting par, every shot a great one. Sorry, that ship sailed. He needs to be happy with his 80 and have an adult beverage......or 2.

I'd be happy shooting 80 and 2 adult beverages 😁

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

I'd be happy shooting 80 and 2 adult beverages

MDGolfHacker

U betcha!

Rick

Left Hand, 

If you are truly trying to make a swing change, you cannot go out to play golf between lessons.  Your old swing will always show up when playing because it's comfortable for you, and negates any chance that your new swing will ever become "natural."  When you change your swing, you will hit bad shots.  Do not get caught up in the results of where the ball goes. Your coach is correct; it is a process.  Any change will feel awkward and the results won't be good.  However, if you are hitting the positions correctly, then when the swing begins to feel normal, then you will hit good shots.  Trust it.  If you decide to go play a round of golf before the swing changes feel natural, then you are wasting your money.  Been there, did that. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

If you are truly trying to make a swing change, you cannot go out to play golf between lessons. Your old swing will always show up when playing because it's comfortable for you, and negates any chance that your new swing will ever become "natural." When you change your swing, you will hit bad shots. Do not get caught up in the results of where the ball goes. Your coach is correct; it is a process. Any change will feel awkward and the results won't be good. However, if you are hitting the positions correctly, then when the swing begins to feel normal, then you will hit good shots. Trust it. If you decide to go play a round of golf before the swing changes feel natural, then you are wasting your money. Been there, did that.

Many years ago a friend of mine who was decent golfer (10 Hcp) stopped playing for a year. He went to the range, took lessons all that year and did get down to 1-2 hcp . Can be done but a lot of “sweat equity” and money. He felt it was worth it. I do not have that mentality to do the range thing, lessons and video.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'll see that and raise you a Cystoscopy without general anesthesia!!  if you're not familiar with that, google it and be prepared to bend over in agony just reading about it.    MDHacker had been considering one, until I gave him a report about mine.   I think he has decided to pass on it...LOL

I'm good.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So when you take lessons one should not play golf for a 3 year span?Just stick to the range and mirror work? It makes sense,but I love playing golf on the course

If you don't play golf, but only do lessons and the drills that the instructor sets up for you every day, it should only take a couple of weeks to make a change... not a couple of years.  However, during those weeks, you need to have constant evaluation feedback that you are doing drills correctly or you will be reinforcing a bad habit.  Take videos of your lessons; videos between lessons and send them to your instructor for feedback.  Your instructor should only have you focus on one or maybe two drills at a time.  Video yourself doing those drills to see if you are doing them correctly.

I'm good.

Ditto, I Googled it , not right now thank you!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I don't like the sound of it even B4 Googling it.

I was going to also suggest searching it on Youtube.  But then I didn't want to go to youtube and search it just in case it was actually there, and I saw it by accident...LOL

i remember prior to my knee replacement surgery, someone suggested I go to YouTube and watch one being done.  I don't know why I did, but I had to turn it off after about :30....LOL  It's hard to imagine they did that to my knees all while I was sleeping, and the fact you don't feel a thing is really scary.   That anesthesia stuff is really fantastic and very scary at the same time.   My worst fear of any surgery isn't so much the procedure itself, it's not waking up that scares the crap out of me.

That said, knowing what I know now about the Cystoscopy, I wish General Anesthesia was an option.  But the Dr. said I had to be awake during it to give him feedback.  Oh, trust me he got more feedback a

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I was going to also suggest searching it on Youtube. But then I didn't want to go to youtube and search it just in case it was actually there, and I saw it by accident...LOL

i remember prior to my knee replacement surgery, someone suggested I go to YouTube and watch one being done. I don't know why I did, but I had to turn it off after about :30....LOL It's hard to imagine they did that to my knees all while I was sleeping, and the fact you don't feel a thing is really scary. That anesthesia stuff is really fantastic and very scary at the same time. My worst fear of any surgery isn't so much the procedure itself, it's not waking up that scares the crap out of me.

That said, knowing what I know now about the Cystoscopy, I wish General Anesthesia was an option. But the Dr. said I had to be awake during it to give him feedback. Oh, trust me he got more feedback a

Feedback, I'm sure he's gotten plenty of feedback.

BTW, how does someone pick that as a life's profession? I'm Sure it's a calling.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I was going to also suggest searching it on Youtube. But then I didn't want to go to youtube and search it just in case it was actually there, and I saw it by accident...LOL

i remember prior to my knee replacement surgery, someone suggested I go to YouTube and watch one being done. I don't know why I did, but I had to turn it off after about :30....LOL It's hard to imagine they did that to my knees all while I was sleeping, and the fact you don't feel a thing is really scary. That anesthesia stuff is really fantastic and very scary at the same time. My worst fear of any surgery isn't so much the procedure itself, it's not waking up that scares the crap out of me.

That said, knowing what I know now about the Cystoscopy, I wish General Anesthesia was an option. But the Dr. said I had to be awake during it to give him feedback. Oh, trust me he got more feedback a

Yep, as I said before.. I'll hold off doing that procedure for now..

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: