Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

God I've been constantly refreshing eBay over the past week. Most of my listings had watchers but only a fraction actually got bids, then two of those didn't pay. Now I've got them relisted for another week.

I know patience is the name of the game with eBay but it's tough when I'm trying to get a f7 hybrid with the proceeds AND get it in play this year while the weather is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I haven't done anything with Ebay in a long time due to problems similar to yours. I've placed clubs, Putters on the “free” sites and have had better results. Unfortunately they don't have the large audience but upside is no fees.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I haven't done anything with Ebay in a long time due to problems similar to yours. I've placed clubs, Putters on the “free” sites and have had better results. Unfortunately they don't have the large audience but upside is no fees.

Yeah. I'm usually a little luckier on eBay. The free sites just feel so futile. I don't like to buy from the other options because there's no buyer protection and I'm not crazy about that risk.

We'll see what happens. I added a few items to the list and dropped the prices on others. It's just converting shed junk into money so hopefully this is enough to push me across the goal line.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Yeah. I'm usually a little luckier on eBay. The free sites just feel so futile. I don't like to buy from the other options because there's no buyer protection and I'm not crazy about that risk.

We'll see what happens. I added a few items to the list and dropped the prices on others. It's just converting shed junk into money so hopefully this is enough to push me across the goal line.

Ebay does have the huge following and hard to beat. I got “stung” on Ebay for some serious bucks a while back so I'm gun shy.

Good luck with your sale/purchase

Rick

Left Hand, 

Five year to the day that we got hit with Sandy another Nor Easter hits Long Island. Not one, not two but all three of my sump pumps in the basement failed in half an hour. Just had them checked and serviced a week ago and of course it happened after all the hardware stores in the area were closed. Got a Shop Vac at Walmart an hour ago and won't be sleeping tonight. Never buying a house with a basement again.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

And I got a red light camera ticket on my way home to add insult to injury.

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Five year to the day that we got hit with Sandy another Nor Easter hits Long Island. Not one, not two but all three of my sump pumps in the basement failed in half an hour. Just had them checked and serviced a week ago and of course it happened after all the hardware stores in the area were closed. Got a Shop Vac at Walmart an hour ago and won't be sleeping tonight. Never buying a house with a basement again.

Oh no. My basement only has 1 and I check it pretty religiously when it rains hard.

How exactly did they fail? I've only owned this house for 2 years so I don't really know what to look for yet.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Oh man sorry to hear it. The snow, sleet and freezing rain and black ice are the reasons we moved to FL 5 years ago.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sorry to hear this mate. I've had my basement flood twice (insurance hasn't dropped us though!). Once when the pump took a total poo and died. 14 months later, we had thunderstorms roll through and lost power for 7 hours.

I know have a battery backup, which is good for about 4 hours but I'm going to run another battery to double the time, just in case.

More importantly, I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is now, as none of our neighbours have the same problem. I'm certain that our storm drain around the house has a break in it somewhere that allows the roof runoff to get into the drain tile to the sump pump. I don't have the funds to get a plumber with a camera out to check and repair, so I'll just run with what I've got.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Oh no. My basement only has 1 and I check it pretty religiously when it rains hard.

How exactly did they fail? I've only owned this house for 2 years so I don't really know what to look for yet.

Mine failed because they clog up. We have a very sandy soil and it gets into the sump wells. I have mine serviced religiously and after 6 years in this house most things in my basement are well up off the floor. More of a PITA than anything else.

WITB 2024

Mine failed because they clog up. We have a very sandy soil and it gets into the sump wells. I have mine serviced religiously and after 6 years in this house most things in my basement are well up off the floor. More of a PITA than anything else.

Buy commercial grinder pumps.  They come with propellers that grind down any debris small enough to then be pumped out without issue.  But buying commercial products is just as important as buying grinder pumps.  

Anything from a big box retailer is absolute dogs&*t!!!!!!!!!!

Buy commercial grinder pumps. They come with propellers that grind down any debris small enough to then be pumped out without issue. But buying commercial products is just as important as buying grinder pumps.

Anything from a big box retailer is absolute dogs&*t!!!!!!!!!!

I only buy commercial grade from the plumbing supply house. Once the son of a contractor alway the son of a contractor. That said a grand later I have a project to do this afternoon.

WITB 2024

Not sure if a rant or just an opinion.Ran into a old super avid golf buddy that haven't seen in a few seasons.He quit golf cold turkey last season.Amazed how many people I've talked to just up and quit golf.Eapecially when they played 100 plus rounds a year for decades.Can any of you just stop an avid hobby immediately and never do it again?

Keep it in the short stuff

Not sure if a rant or just an opinion.Ran into a old super avid golf buddy that haven't seen in a few seasons.He quit golf cold turkey last season.Amazed how many people I've talked to just up and quit golf.Eapecially when they played 100 plus rounds a year for decades.Can any of you just stop an avid hobby immediately and never do it again?

I sure feel like I should quit golf sometimes...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I had to quit bowling because of my shift work. 16 or 17 years straight, but not there consistently enough. Subbed a few times this year for a couple leagues and hopefully be back home for next half of the season. Missed it more than I can describe

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Used to spend whole winters skiing, almost all day almost every day. Knees and hips, and feet, got kinda worn out plus I'd had enough of always getting frostbite on my feet and fingers. That was over 30 years ago....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

In 1980 I started jogging every day at work during lunch break; there were several of us including my boss and we ran 3 miles.  Then on the weekends I would run 5-7 miles.  In 1983 I ran a marathon.  After that I quit cold turkey.  Haven't run since; although I occasionally jogged to the fridge for a beer in the summer after mowing my lawn.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm sure it would be tough for some of us to just stop playing golf for good.Im positive if I did the first year gone would be tough.Once I got past that first year hump golf would be in my rear view window for good.Im hundred percent positive I could never give up weight lifting.Except for maybe a life changing injury.Great back and forth

Once I moved I stopped surfing as much as I used to. All of my favorite spots are 45 minutes away now, longer if there's traffic (there almost always is). The distance, and the fact that picking up my bag and driving 5 minutes down the road to the range/practice area, has made golf much more convenient (albeit more expensive).

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Once I moved I stopped surfing as much as I used to. All of my favorite spots are 45 minutes away now, longer if there's traffic (there almost always is). The distance, and the fact that picking up my bag and driving 5 minutes down the road to the range/practice area, has made golf much more convenient (albeit more expensive).

Similar thing here on Long Island .. we live on the North Shore ;-) so the ocean beaches are all on the South Shore .. at least 45+ mins with no traffic (but which there basically always is here) .. it was easier to get down there from where we used to live (closer to a major road that fed on to the highway).

We're actually only a few minutes from "the water" now - but which is a harbor off Long Island Sound - and my wife didn't get it at first why I wasn't surfing there..! But I do go SUP there occasionally, usually over the Winter when it's empty and calm and quiet.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I'm sure it would be tough for some of us to just stop playing golf for good.Im positive if I did the first year gone would be tough.Once I got past that first year hump golf would be in my rear view window for good.Im hundred percent positive I could never give up weight lifting.Except for maybe a life changing injury.Great back and forth

Golf is supposed to be "a game for life", no? Just don't hurt yourself power-lifting!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Similar thing here on Long Island .. we live on the North Shore ;-) so the ocean beaches are all on the South Shore .. at least 45+ mins with no traffic (but which there basically always is here) .. it was easier to get down there from where we used to live (closer to a major road that fed on to the highway).

We're actually only a few minutes from "the water" now - but which is a harbor off Long Island Sound - and my wife didn't get it at first why I wasn't surfing there..! But I do go SUP there occasionally, usually over the Winter when it's empty and calm and quiet.

Yeah, I am about a 5 minute drive from the nearest break, but it's a longboarding spot and, as lame as this sounds, I get seasick on those huge boats, same as SUPs. My longest board right now is 5'10". In addition to there being too many fat guys on longboards, there seem to be a lot of tiger sharks there as well. Seems like every October someone gets hit -- it's a military beach near base, so I don't think you can fish from a boat around there. Not sure why the sharks like it around there so much. I think someone got bit last week actually now that I think about it. Unfortunate.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I moved to SC a few years back, prior to being here I played golf and softball, lots of softball, 3-5 games a week. Since I moved here I played one fall season of softball and then a couple games with a neighbor, but I haven't played in a few years. I can still play, I just haven't. More Golf has taken the place of softball, so I haven't missed it too much, but if I was asked to play, I would likely jump at the chance.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Used to spend whole winters skiing, almost all day almost every day. Knees and hips, and feet, got kinda worn out plus I'd had enough of always getting frostbite on my feet and fingers. That was over 30 years ago....

Same here. I skied most of my life - then one day I was at winter park Colorado and the temp was 4 degrees at the base with the wind blowing 30. Not pleasant - asked myself why I was doing it - and quit cold turkey.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

This will be a true rant/pet peeve.Ive been researching some courses to try over an upcoming vacation.One in particular really rubbed me the wrong way.Normally,a course will say their faciltiy can be enjoyed by all skill levels.This one in particular made a point in highlighting their course is playable for even the highest caps.Than in the hole by hole summary they did it again.Actually stating that the High Caps won't have to worry about a forced carry on a tough par 4 from the back tees.Whenever I read - hear people mention high cap I somewhat think of it as defamation or derogatory.

Not everyone has the time or ability to really improve at this game.Why can't they just say meant for all skill levels.This is the only sport I recall that puts people in different groups per your skill.And not only group you,but classify you as high-medium-low cap.Unfortunately the high cap group gets a bad rep.Or alienated from what many consider acceptable in my opinion

This will be a true rant/pet peeve.Ive been researching some courses to try over an upcoming vacation.One in particular really rubbed me the wrong way.Normally,a course will say their faciltiy can be enjoyed by all skill levels.This one in particular made a point in highlighting their course is playable for even the highest caps.Than in the hole by hole summary they did it again.Actually stating that the High Caps won't have to worry about a forced carry on a tough par 4 from the back tees.Whenever I read - hear people mention high cap I somewhat think of it as defamation or derogatory.

Not everyone has the time or ability to really improve at this game.Why can't they just say meant for all skill levels.This is the only sport I recall that puts people in different groups per your skill.And not only group you,but classify you as high-medium-low cap.Unfortunately the high cap group gets a bad rep.Or alienated from what many consider acceptable in my opinion

i see your point but I get the selling point of letting people know the difficulty of the course. That has actually been an actual reason my buddy's and I played a course because they said it's for handicaps. It made the day fun for all of us. Golf is one of the only sports where your field changes depending on where you play. So to classify people by handicaps isn't a dig at anyone, it's just to let them know what their potential score may be on their course.

Bowling also uses handicap since the oil patterned change in tournaments

Driver : Cobra LTD pro x-stiff 9.5 degrees

3 wood: TaylorMade RBZ tour spoon 13 degrees

5 wood: Titleist 906F 18 degrees

Irons: Mizuno MP-64 $-taper 130

wedges: Mizuno S5 50,56 - Cleveland 60 degree 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3

FWIW, ski mountains rate their trails as Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced - Expert/Double Black Diamond. There's a sign at the top of each trail, and each category has its own color. It's meant to be helpful to guide people towards the runs they can handle and away from runs they cannot.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Sorry to hear this. Were the pumps on battery or switchover generator or just failed outright?

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Sorry to hear this. Were the pumps on battery or switchover generator or just failed outright?

MDGolfHacker

Failed outright...all three. Spent all day yesterday and most of today getting new pumps installed and tested. Fortunately I was able to keep the water at bay and use some utility pumps along with a shop vac to avoid losing my golf room. When I installed the new pumps I also installed redundancy as well to avoid future issues. Generally we fair fine but we got 6 inches of rain and 60+ MPH winds Sunday night into Monday morning. At least I was home to keep up with the storm water and it could have been a heck of a lot worse.

WITB 2024