sabol412

Best courses you have played on vacation

Hey everyone!

Just as I sit here on a windy day at the beach I figured I would get the thread out there to ask a question to the forum. Where is the best course you have ever played outside of the US?

I have to say my best one was Old Head Golf Links in Ireland. It was absolutely remarkable and anywhere you turned was a perfect view. The course was so well kept and our caddies were absolutely great. They knew exactly where the balls needed placed and where shots needed to land. Here are some pictures! Hope you guys reply and have pictures to share as well!!

IMG_6564.JPGIMG_6566.JPGIMG_6574.JPGIMG_6741.JPGIMG_6735.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Perfect.

• Like 1

I don't get to travel for golf much but I really enjoyed Rum Pointe in Ocean City, MD. It's a PB Dye course and there was lots of fun things to think about on each shot. There were Oceanside holes but also holes in the woods. It was like playing multiple courses in one.

I lost the pics but here's the photos page on their website:http://rumpointe.com/ocean-city-md-golf-course-info/ocean-city-md-golf-courses-photos/

• Like 1

For me personally, it's a toss up between Kingsbarns and Turnberry - Ailsa; both amazing coastal tracks.

I'll have to do some digging for pics.

• Like 1

Hands down True Blue and Caledonia in Myrtle Beach!!

But as Bulldog said there are some sleepers in Des Moines.....TCI in Des Moines is great!

• Like 1

Hands down True Blue and Caledonia in Myrtle Beach!!

But as Bulldog said there are some sleepers in Des Moines.....TCI in Des Moines is great!

I enjoyed those two last year... Well except for the torrential rain we had one day . Lol

ooohhh great topic.  Never been to Myrtle Beach or to Europe but now I have some courses to put on the list if not on there.

For me:

Camp Creek - Santa Rosa Beach, FL

Pasatiempo - California

Southern Hills - Tulsa (wife is from there and has family that are members.  Silly I know)

Texas - Pine Dunes in Frankston

These are our vacation spots every year...mainly bc of family. 

• Like 1

Outside the US, my favorite course has been Royal Dornoch, followed closely by The Old Course and Carnoustie in Scotland, and Lahinch and Ballyliffin in Ireland.

I know this thread is about courses outside the US, but here are a few in the States:  Pinehurst #2 and MidPines, Kapalua Plantation, Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run, PGA West Stadium.  Looking back, I've been damn lucky.

• Like 1

I've only played the Don Ross in French Lick IN.... I was able to walk around a Disney course a few years back. I don't get to golf much on vacation with two young ladies and my wife loading me down like a pack mule

If you are looking for a great golf vacation that is also located on a tropical island, Bermuda is the place. Not only is it a great family, business, personal vacation. Bermuda has the most golf courses per square mile in the world. Great golf, vibe, and also has "pink sand"!!! 

I am playing at the Crosswater Club in OR in a couple of days. That's where the PGA Professional Championship was played this year. Pretty nice course so it should be fun.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Okay, here are a couple of photos from when I played PSX_20170819_143228.jpegPSX_20170819_142802.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Just returned from a family trip to Ireland and was able to play Lahinch! Beautiful course despite the drought there having now. Next year it will host the Irish open. Maybe someone will find some of my errant shots!

• Like 1

Best scenic course ever : Pinnacle point near morsel Bay : South Africa

Great ones near Cape Town . Pearl Valley , Arrabella.

Near Knysna : Simola and Pezula.

• Like 1

I've only played one course outside the US and fortunately it was nice enough to mention here.

Glen Brae Golf Club near Toronto. Played with Matt from TXG and NewBallacoach from here.

It was a great layout and had lots of challenging approach shots.

I played Port Royal GC in Bermuda when I was stationed there in the 1970's.....Terrific layout with several h9les over the ocean! It's where they played the Shootout on Thanksgiving weekend with the four Major Winners!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

The best course I've played on vacation would have to be eagles pointe just outside of Hilton head, South Carolina. The course was in amazing shape and if I'm not mistaken it was designed by Davis love III