Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

SPOTTED - Wilson Vizor Putter

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

We have gotten a sneak-peek of these a couple times this year but until now we were not able to get good pics for you guys to see what Wilson has been working on for their new mallet:

wilson-vizor-putter-3.jpg

wilson-vizor-putter-4.jpg

#TruthDigest

Looks nice, but I fear it's going to be 'another one of those Wilson putters'. I.e. A decent putter but never really takes off cos it lacks the mainstream cache of the Scotty's, Pings, Odysseys and Rossas. I think it's a perception thing that's not helped by a massive lack of presence in the hands of the tour pro.

Looks nice, but I fear it's going to be 'another one of those Wilson putters'. I.e. A decent putter but never really takes off cos it lacks the mainstream cache of the Scotty's, Pings, Odysseys and Rossas. I think it's a perception thing that's not helped by a massive lack of presence in the hands of the tour pro.

Well said.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the exact same thing when I saw that thing

Wilson is making the most beautiful irons. It seems they hired someone else for the putters. That thing is horrible!

Really? Most mallet putters look awful and I laugh at the price tags. This is one I'd consider trying. Different strokes, I guess.

Really? Most mallet putters look awful and I laugh at the price tags. This is one I'd consider trying. Different strokes, I guess.

That "different strokes" line hits the nail on the head in my opinion. Putting is so individualized... it's no wonder so many putter companies come and go. Some catch on, some don't- even top-tier OEMs like W/S. A lot of people panned Nike putters until the Method came out.

Archived