Line Control vs. Speed Control

Our Sponsors

So after a good bit more experimenting with the two, I'm sticking with the ER3 which had the best distance control originally.  After a bit more practice, I was hitting the line just as well as with the ER2 and distance control was still better with the ER3 for some reason.  ER2 has a 25 degree toe hang and ER3 has 30 degrees - would 5 degree of toe hang make a big difference in distance?  The putters are the same otherwise - length, head weight, loft, lie - with only the look and toe hang different.

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 - Diamana X'17

Cobra King Ltd 3&5 Woods - Fujikura Speeder TR

Cobra King F7 16&19 Hybrids - Aldila Tour Green

TaylorMade UDI P790 2 Iron - PX 6.5

Taylormade P7TW DG Tour Issue X100

Scratch, 56, 60 - DG Tour Issue S400

Sigma Muziik LtdEd 2015 putter

Snell MTB-X 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a reason Edel starts all their putter fittings with alignment.  If you can't hit the ball where you wanted to how do you ever expect to make a putt?  Continually missing 3-5' putts by an inch

...Changing your wording:   On a 10' putt if your speed is too fast or too slow you missed it.  Doesn't matter if it stopped well short of the hole or rolled well past the hole, you still 2 putted.

Watching the father and son tournament today and they were talking about this. They said they would chose line over speed because you can adjust the speed, but it's hard to adjust starting it on the r

Same shaft offset and same alignment marking(s) also? But, hey - gotta go with whatever works best for you!

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Watching the father and son tournament today and they were talking about this. They said they would chose line over speed because you can adjust the speed, but it's hard to adjust starting it on the right line.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3