Jump to content

PXG Questions and Meeting.


Recommended Posts

Hey guys, 

So - the brand is quite controversial so please do keep it as civil as possible :-))
I'm lucky enough to be going to Scottsdale tomorrow to hang out with PXG at Scottsdale National, go through their fitting experience and swing clinics (one is with Suzy Whaley!!) and play with some pros there. 

I will also have a one-on-one meeting with Bob Parsons - pretty sure you all know who he is 😄
So I thought as the brand is spoken a lot about - I can relay some questions to Bob about PXG. Ideally ones that have not been asked yet!! 

If you have any questions - shoot! 🙂
 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey guys, 
So - the brand is quite controversial so please do keep it as civil as possible :-))
I'm lucky enough to be going to Scottsdale tomorrow to hang out with PXG at Scottsdale National, go through their fitting experience and swing clinics (one is with Suzy Whaley!!) and play with some pros there. 
I will also have a one-on-one meeting with Bob Parsons - pretty sure you all know who he is [emoji1]
So I thought as the brand is spoken a lot about - I can relay some questions to Bob about PXG. Ideally ones that have not been asked yet!! 
If you have any questions - shoot! [emoji846]
 


Don't have any questions for you, but wow, it'll be quite an experience.

If you don't mind my asking how did this come about.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never had a need for their products but you can give them a big thank you on behalf of all Soldiers, Sailors, Airman and Marines. PXG runs a Program for those who serve that is second to none. The discount is just incredible.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

 


Don't have any questions for you, but wow, it'll be quite an experience.

If you don't mind my asking how did this come about.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

 

 

Not at all 🙂

So my adventure with PXG started literally from the day they announced the clubs. As a massive gear-head I've bought most of the products they released.
I'm also quite vocal and opinionated, so every time I'd be happy (or unhappy) with something I'd let them know, they gave me a few points of contact at the company and we've been communicating for a few years now.

When the gen 2 irons were coming out - they offered me a fitting literally on the day they were announced and I was able to buy them before they were actually released (they were revealed I think March 15, I was playing them by March 29). And again a lot of communication about them etc... 

Then I've done a mini Youtube challange with a mate of mine - playing 30 different courses in 30 days, and they were super supportive of that for god knows what reason.

And a few weeks later I got a call from them asking what I'm up to end of November and if I want to come hang out with Bob and their crew as it would be good to meet. And that's about it really. 

It has to be said tho - that as I talk to quite a few golf brands, PXG has been one of (if not the) most receptive to ideas from just a golfer and seem like a very very fun bunch 😄

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds a great experience, keep us appraised.

Why not post your youtube 30 courses video? we all crave any golf when the weather is this bad. We have Storm Diana on us for the next few days, 70mph winds and persistent rain so my planned games this weekend will probably be off........again🙄

  • Like 2

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Sounds a great experience, keep us appraised.

Why not post your youtube 30 courses video? we all crave any golf when the weather is this bad. We have Storm Diana on us for the next few days, 70mph winds and persistent rain so my planned games this weekend will probably be off........again🙄

haha well the whole channel is just for jokes 🙂

 

 

but here it is 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to pin this topic, as I think it's a great conversation piece for the next day or so. 

I think this is a great opportunity.  Not only for you but for any of the members here to get a first hand look and submit some questions that you might possibly get to ask him during your time.

I have to say, unless I've missed something big time, the overall reception of PXG on this forum is much more positive than the other one's I've seen.   

I've never bought into the criticism that PXG and Bob Parsons are bad for golf.  Sure the clubs are expensive, but appropriately they are damn good clubs that have legit R&D, Technology and top of the line making of them.   Just like cars, as I often say, not everyone certainly not me, can afford a Porsche or even a BMW, but that doesn't mean they are bad for the auto industry.  Quality costs, nothing wrong with that at all

Have fun and hopefully they'll let you take as many pics or videos as you can.  But don't let updating us infringe on the experience, soak it all in, it's certainly a rare opportunity. 

  • Like 6

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I'm going to pin this topic, as I think it's a great conversation piece for the next day or so. 

I think this is a great opportunity.  Not only for you but for any of the members here to get a first hand look and submit some questions that you might possibly get to ask him during your time.

I have to say, unless I've missed something big time, the overall reception of PXG on this forum is much more positive than the other one's I've seen.   

I've never bought into the criticism that PXG and Bob Parsons are bad for golf.  Sure the clubs are expensive, but appropriately they are damn good clubs that have legit R&D, Technology and top of the line making of them.   Just like cars, as I often say, not everyone certainly not me, can afford a Porsche or even a BMW, but that doesn't mean they are bad for the auto industry.  Quality costs, nothing wrong with that at all

Have fun and hopefully they'll let you take as many pics or videos as you can.  But don't let updating us infringe on the experience, soak it all in, it's certainly a rare opportunity. 

PXG DS is strong in several places but I’ve seen the positivity towards PXG squash the “hate” in at lest one place. I agree here is pretty good 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be curious to find out why the staff seems to be thinning out?  Is this due to sales or something else?  It sounds like they dropped Paige Spiranac but kept Anna Rawson for some reason.  I've actually seen Paige hit more golf shots in my life than I've ever seen Anna hit.  Since they only hired both for their looks I'd personally say Paige is better looking and appeals to the "younger" professional crowd than Anna does and Paige has WAY more followers in Instagram.

Charles Howell III also just left and went to Titleist and immediately won.  It doesn't sound like they are going to replace him with anyone in the near future.  

As someone who has the 0311 irons, 0811X driver and a bat attack putter I quite enjoy their products (even though I didn't purchase them for anywhere NEAR what they would sell retail).  Would love to see more equipment come out in the future, especially those prototype drivers they have been posting pictures of.

On a side note, I just converted my 0311 irons into a set of single length irons and can't wait to see how they get on!

Edited by 03trdblack
  • Like 1

My bag is a revolving door!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

I'd be curious to find out why the staff seems to be thinning out?  Is this due to sales or something else?  It sounds like they dropped Paige Spiranac but kept Anna Rawson for some reason.  I've actually seen Paige hit more golf shots in my life than I've ever seen Anna hit.  Since they only hired both for their looks I'd personally say Paige is better looking and appeals to the "younger" professional crowd than Anna does and Paige has WAY more followers in Instagram.

Charles Howell III also just left and went to Titleist and immediately won.  It doesn't sound like they are going to replace him with anyone in the near future.  

As someone who has the 0311 irons, 0811X driver and a bat attack putter I quite enjoy their products (even though I didn't purchase them for anywhere NEAR what they would sell retail).  Would love to see more equipment come out in the future, especially those prototype drivers they have been posting pictures of.

On a side note, I just converted my 0311 irons into a set of single length irons and can't wait to see how they get on!

Paige did a YouTube video and said she was on a 1 year contract and it ended. She wanted to move onto other things as well so there was no new contract.

  • Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

PXG DS is strong in several places but I’ve seen the positivity towards PXG squash the “hate” in at lest one place. I agree here is pretty good 

I'm not sure that what may be perceived as "hate" toward PXG as a company is not something else displayed by many.   Perhaps, it is what I will label as the "what about me" attitude.  It was knowing that the price of PXG products were outside of their budgets and because of that circumstance they responded negatively not only toward PXG but perhaps those that did purchase their products as well.  The reason such perceived "hate" was not displayed on this site is specifically the result of one of the purposes or missions of this site--to  understand and evaluate the products of all OEMs .    Those of us that read and follow those evaluations understand that all of the main OEMs are constantly exploring technological advancements.  As such, there are multiple equipment resources to full fill our individuals needs within our budgets and have no need to hold a "what about me" attitude.   

Now for what I personally perceive to be an important question:   Are all of the products available in a right hand model or configuration likewise available in a left hand model.  If so, will it continue to be that way as the company grows and perhaps expands its product lines.

Edited by TheWahoo
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheWahoo said:

I'm not sure that what may be perceived as "hate" toward PXG as a company is not something else displayed by many.   Perhaps, it is what I will label as the "what about me" attitude.  It was knowing that the price of PXG products were outside of their budgets and because of that circumstance they responded negatively not only toward PXG but perhaps those that did purchase their products as well.  The reason such perceived "hate" was not displayed on this site is specifically the result of one of the purposes or missions of this site--to  understand and evaluate the products of all OEMs .    Those of us that read and follow those evaluations understand that all of the main OEMs are constantly exploring technological advancements.  As such, there are multiple equipment resources to full fill our individuals needs within our budgets and have no need to hold a "what about me" attitude.   

Now for what I personally perceive to be an important question:   Are all of the products available in a right hand model or configuration likewise available in a left hand model.  If so, will it continue to be that way as the company grows and perhaps expands its product lines.

I haven’t looked into all of their product lines but from what I have seen everything in RG is available in LH. 

Something of note is some lefties who ordered gen1 irons via either the heroes discount or the standard 50% off discount to everyone else received gen2 at no extra charge due to inventory not being there for gen1. Now that the inventory of lefty gen1 is back those who order gen1 get gen1. I think it was awesome of the company to not have any delay in the making/shipping of clubs due to backorders 

  • Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I haven’t looked into all of their product lines but from what I have seen everything in RG is available in LH. 

Something of note is some lefties who ordered gen1 irons via either the heroes discount or the standard 50% off discount to everyone else received gen2 at no extra charge due to inventory not being there for gen1. Now that the inventory of lefty gen1 is back those who order gen1 get gen1. I think it was awesome of the company to not have any delay in the making/shipping of clubs due to backorders 

Like you, I applaud the efforts of the company for those that ordered the discounted gen 1 irons.  But that does suggest an interesting question regarding their future product line availability.   I just assumed (showing that one should never assume) that the gen 1 items were discounted to deplete the inventory with the introduction of gen 2.   Given that the gen 1 inventory was replenished, does that mean that gen 1 as a product line at a lower price will continue.   Is it the business plan to continue offering previous generation products at lower prices. I would think that could increase their market share by providing products that better meet the budgets of the Average Joe, yet maintain their high end image via the new generation of products.   But then again, ya can't please everyone, so I guess some would say, why should I buy their lesser products. 

Edited by TheWahoo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

Like you, I applaud the efforts of the company for those that ordered the discounted gen 1 irons.  But that does suggest an interesting question regarding their future product line availability.   I just assumed (showing that one should never assume) that the gen 1 items were discounted to deplete the inventory with the introduction of gen 2.   Given that the gen 1 inventory was replenished, does that mean that gen 1 as a product line at a lower price will continue.   Is it the business plan to continue offering previous generation products at lower prices. I would think that could increase their market share by providing products that better meet the budgets of the Average Joe, yet maintain their high end image via the new generation of products.   But then again, ya can't please everyone, so I guess some would say, why should I buy their lesser products. 

I have not seen a date that the discount will end but it’s being advertised as a limited time. I know from talking to a fitter friend and a few other people the military/first responder discount has been a huge success and caused them to be 4+  weeks to receive, build and ship orders during the first couple months.  I think this success probably has them extending it longer than planned because after all company I bringing in money. Being that they don’t have regular release cycles the gen2s will be around for awhile and will get pushed once they stop the discount on gen1. It was 3 years between the two releases.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, puttingpirate said:

Hey guys, 

So - the brand is quite controversial so please do keep it as civil as possible :-))

can I ask in what way is the brand controversial? 

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

  :mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

  :titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

  :titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Har in the Hat said:

can I ask in what way is the brand controversial? 

Most have an issue with the brashness, arrogance of Parsons and others with the price.

many have knocked the product without trying it and saying the price doesn’t match performance.  There are some that feel this type of brand is bad for the game.  

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Most have an issue with the brashness, arrogance of Parsons and others with the price.

many have knocked the product without trying it and saying the price doesn’t match performance.  There are some that feel this type of brand is bad for the game.  

thanks for the clarification

  • Like 1

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

  :mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

  :titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

  :titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, just got here. 

If you haven't seen the place - even in the dark it's spectacular

Pretty sure Christina Kim and some other PXG staffers are in the bar. 

I'm just enjoying a few local brews as one should by one of the outdoor fire places.

I've been to some nice places but damn i could get used to it!

And damn i left my tripod at the airport! Hopefully amazon delivers here 😂

BDB7BDD8-9163-45AF-9E07-8228442E2891.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Tony C is going to be there the next couple days as well.  Be sure and check in with him.

  • Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...