Mackdaddy9

Anyone have any info on the Arrcos caddie link

Our Sponsors

Does anyone have any info on the Arccos caddie link?  When is it going to come out, and what is the hold up. I love the Arccos data but I can't get comfortable with my phone in my front pocket. I also don't like to play with a watch on.  I know you can play with an Iwatch as the link but I don't have an Iphone.  Will any other smart watches work?  I guess I could wear it on my belt like the link.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 * Ventus Blue 6s pure 

3 Fairway: Callaway Rogue 15*  Matrix Ozik HD7 tp 

3 Hybrid:  Taylormade M3 TP 18.5*   4 Hybrid:  Taylormade Rocketballs stage 2  22.5* 

5 iron Srixon U85

6-P Irons:  KZG Forged III  

Gap Wedge: Cleveland CBX 50*  Sand Wedge:  Cleveland RTX 4  54*  

Lob Wedge:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 58/12 M

Putter:  Evnroll ER 8.3 34" Gravity grip 

Ball:  Bridgestone B rxs Yellow

I don't think the Apple Watch counts as the Link.  You still need the phone in your pocket. The watch just allows you to view yardages and such w/out taking the phone out of your pocket.  I am also anxiously awaiting the Link

Driver:  :ping-small: G410 Plus, VA Vylyn 75 Four
Woods: :cobra-small:F8, F6 Baffer
Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR 4, 5
Irons: :ping-small:G25 6 - GW, Nippon 950GH Stiff
Wedges:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/WS, Zing LW
Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Craz-E

Leupold GX-4i3, Arccos

Penalty Box: :EVNROLL:ER7

My understanding is that the Apple Watch can work similarly to Arccos Link, but I don't know enough to say whether or not it could be used without the phone (I don't have one). I have read about issues with it working on the Apple Watch though so it doesn't seem like it'd be worth the investment if that's all you're after. I could be getting Game Golf and Arccos mixed up, but I want to say they used to have compatibility with Pebble smart watches. Not sure anymore though. Seems like Pebble is a thing of the past - at least I don't hear about them anymore. 

Last update I heard about the Link was that Arccos was near launch when the decision was made to add an additional feature after receiving numerous requests from users to include a button for marking the flag location. Haven't seen any updates since then. 

You can read more about the details of that announcement on page 2 of this forum:

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

I believe that @fozcycle is not thrilled with the Apple Watch and has said so here in the forum.

When I last checked on the Link, Arccos was not happy with the accuracy of the GPS, and they won't release it until it's right.  No word on a new release date.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Hybrid - Titleist 585 (17*) - Titleist 4175 ( R )
4i - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Forest Green)
Ball -  :Snell: MTB-X
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Thanks

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 * Ventus Blue 6s pure 

3 Fairway: Callaway Rogue 15*  Matrix Ozik HD7 tp 

3 Hybrid:  Taylormade M3 TP 18.5*   4 Hybrid:  Taylormade Rocketballs stage 2  22.5* 

5 iron Srixon U85

6-P Irons:  KZG Forged III  

Gap Wedge: Cleveland CBX 50*  Sand Wedge:  Cleveland RTX 4  54*  

Lob Wedge:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 58/12 M

Putter:  Evnroll ER 8.3 34" Gravity grip 

Ball:  Bridgestone B rxs Yellow

I like being able to use the Apple Watch, it works well and the haptics when it records a shot are cool. The only problem is that a fully charged Apple Watch only made it through 15 holes before dying. Bummer. Looking forward to the link!

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

11 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I believe that @fozcycle is not thrilled with the Apple Watch and has said so here in the forum.

When I last checked on the Link, Arccos was not happy with the accuracy of the GPS, and they won't release it until it's right.  No word on a new release date.

I think foz has a series 2 iirc. They've openly admitted the older ones don't work very well with Arccos so I'm curious to see how the newer ones do. 

I'm not super adept at these things, but my understanding is all GPS devices will Max at the same accuracy limitations since they all use the same satellites. I suppose the receiver in the link could be the problem that isn't even giving them that. 

1 hour ago, jddaigneault said:

I like being able to use the Apple Watch, it works well and the haptics when it records a shot are cool. The only problem is that a fully charged Apple Watch only made it through 15 holes before dying. Bummer. Looking forward to the link!

Say it ain't so! Which one do you use? I just ordered a series 4 off a pretty good deal and am eager to take it out. 15 holes only would be a bummer. 

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I think foz has a series 2 iirc. They've openly admitted the older ones don't work very well with Arccos so I'm curious to see how the newer ones do. 

I'm not super adept at these things, but my understanding is all GPS devices will Max at the same accuracy limitations since they all use the same satellites. I suppose the receiver in the link could be the problem that isn't even giving them that. 

Say it ain't so! Which one do you use? I just ordered a series 4 off a pretty good deal and am eager to take it out. 15 holes only would be a bummer. 

I just got series 5. I will try today and see how it is. My previous experiences were not good. 

• Like 2

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I have a series 4. I’ve only tried it once, so I’ll have to see how it holds up trying again. Definitely a bummer to have the battery die from 15!

• Sad 1

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

I've gotten used to my phone in my pocket but my phone battery will run down during round so I bought a Mophie battery backup case that is great, but any case can decrease shot detection, especially on short shots around green. So I'm pre-ordered on Link and hope they get the bugs worked out soon.

• Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5* Driver HZRDUS SMOKE 60g Stiff :titelist-small:TS2 15* Fairway HZRDUS SMOKE 70g Stiff
:titelist-small: 818H1 19* Atmos Tour Spec 8S Stiff :titelist-small: 818H1 23* Mitsubishi Tensei CK 60HY Reg :titelist-small: 818H1 27* KBS Prototype 95 XStiff   (2019 MOST WANTED HYBRIDS)
:titelist-small: 716 AP1 6 - PW,  Kuro Kage Low Balance Graphite Stiff +0.5" 1* upright

:titelist-small::vokey-small: TVD 52*M SM4 inscribed WILLEY   Aerotech Steelfiber i125 xflex plus 1", 1* upright

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 Tour Chrome 56*    Tensi Red R Graphite plus 0.75" 1* upright

:titelist-small::vokey-small: TVD 60*M SM4 inscribed WILLEY   Aerotech Steelfiber i125 xflex plus 1", 1* upright

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL      

:titelist-small: Staff Bag

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                                                                                        :Arccos:

Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                           697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 12/14/2019 at 12:30 PM, Dr Strangelove said:

I don't think the Apple Watch counts as the Link.  You still need the phone in your pocket. The watch just allows you to view yardages and such w/out taking the phone out of your pocket.  I am also anxiously awaiting the Link

Not true. 

With apple watch you don't need to use your phone in your pocket at all. 

My buddy uses it with his watch all the time and it works almost flawlessly 

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 Plus Ping 9* VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft I
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Not true. 

How's his watch battery life?

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

How's his watch battery life?

Depends on how often he activates the screen. If he doesn't really use it for yardages or editing shots or placing pins then I believe he said it uses about 25% per round. 

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 Plus Ping 9* VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft I
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

Here’s the reply I got via Instagram back in November
IMG_1576.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

4 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Yeah, all devices have the same ceiling (because they use the same satellites), but they have very different floors.  The best GPS chips draw a ton of power.  My knowledge is about 9 years old, when I was working on a project to track high-value shipments on pallets using GPS devices, so I'm sure the chips aren't nearly as thirsty as they used to be.  But I can tell you that the GPS in my last two phones (Moto G6 and G7) are nowhere near as accurate as in my Samsung J7, my iPhone SE or my daughter's old iPhone 5S.  It's not just on Arccos.  I can tell in Google Maps as well - sometimes it will tell me to turn 100 feet or so before or after the turn.  I think better chips can get a fix on more satellites faster to make a better calculation.

The Moto G phones are great midrange phones, except for GPS.  I still use an Apple phone as a dedicated Arccos device.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Hybrid - Titleist 585 (17*) - Titleist 4175 ( R )
4i - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Forest Green)
Ball -  :Snell: MTB-X
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

10 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I just got series 5. I will try today and see how it is. My previous experiences were not good. 

Worked fine on watch. No phone in pocket and easy round edit. It did use about 70% of battery in watch though. 

• Like 1

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

23 hours ago, jlukes said:

Not true. 

13 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Worked fine on watch. No phone in pocket and easy round edit. It did use about 70% of battery in watch though. 

That is good to hear.  I had frustration with it resulting in me needing the phone in my pocket.  I will give it another shot.

Leupold GX-4i3, Arccos

Are you guys sure?  This is on Arccos's site:

The new features and Apple Watch compatibility will be available upon initial install or update of the Arccos iPhone app. Additionally, note that the Apple Watch will still require your iPhone to be on you during play in order to record accurate distances.

Indeed this was my experience.

Leupold GX-4i3, Arccos

4 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

Are you guys sure?  This is on Arccos's site:

The new features and Apple Watch compatibility will be available upon initial install or update of the Arccos iPhone app. Additionally, note that the Apple Watch will still require your iPhone to be on you during play in order to record accurate distances.

Indeed this was my experience.

Yes

The app has to be running on phone but it does not have to be in your pocket. 

• Like 1

Received my Apple Watch yesterday and took it out for a round today. It was a very seamless experience and I'm convinced I won't need Link at all. I get it though that not everyone can 1) play with a watch and 2) get along with Apple. Neither is an issue for me. 

I started the round on my phone, left it in the cart, and used my watch from there. I'd never consider entering pin locations or editing shots but it was great for easy yardages while still tracking shots. I played 9 and took Yardage on every hole plus answered a few texts. 13% battery usage is pretty good for that. I can't imagine drawing any harder on the battery during regular play  

Swinging with the phone in your pocket is one thing but I forget how intrusive whipping the phone out can be for the golf experience. Sometimes, it's nice to have fewer options at your disposal. 

Only weird thing is my round disappeared from my activity. Arccos glitched out when I ended the round so I'm interested to see what they say about that. I don't believe it's related to the watch but it might be. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2