Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PGA Skills Challenge

SteddyGolf

I was watching the NBA festivities last night. It’s been awhile sense I was interested in that type of thing but honestly it was a lot of fun. It made me wonder why the PGA hasn’t had a little fun with their normally stuffy format. Although a long drive and close to the pin would be staples I was thinking they could take a page out of the Big Break’s book and really have some fun with it. Do it at the end of the season inviting only the top 25 or so. All the money goes to charity!

Would you watch? If so, what events would you like to see. Me? Par 4 speed challenge. Love to see Patrick Reid double timing down the fairway. Two guys tee off at the same time and away they go 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

140 from the front edge of the green, pin at the front. Put a line, say 10 feet from the back of the green. They would have to fly it past that line and spin it backwards to the pin, closest to the pin wins!!!

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

They have had skills challenges in the past.   Used to be called the ADT Skills Challenge

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

They have had skills challenges in the past.   Used to be called the ADT Skills Challenge

When I as leading large organizations one thing that frustrated me the most was when someone would say, “that won’t work we tried it before”. Conditions change all the time and so do the passions of those leading the organization.

The PGA may have tried this before and maybe the timing just wasn’t right or maybe it just wasn’t executed correctly. Growing the game means garnering greater interest. I am confidant if executed correctly there will be loads of interest, attention, sponsorship and attendance. The waste management tournament is one of the most entertaining of the year. It might be the perfect location for a televised skills challenge.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

22 minutes ago, SteddyGolf said:

When I as leading large organizations one thing that frustrated me the most was when someone would say, “that won’t work we tried it before”. Conditions change all the time and so do the passions of those leading the organization.

The PGA may have tried this before and maybe the timing just wasn’t right or maybe it just wasn’t executed correctly. Growing the game means garnering greater interest. I am confidant if executed correctly there will be loads of interest, attention, sponsorship and attendance. The waste management tournament is one of the most entertaining of the year. It might be the perfect location for a televised skills challenge.

Didn't say they couldn't do it again or that it didn't work before;  the event was conducted for 21 years so it had some level ofsucccess.    The LPGA currently does one in conjunction with the KPMG tournament.      We could say things worked in the past like the shells wonderful world of golf fail miserably (personal opinion) like the Tiger/Phil made for TV event when done using today's model of PPV pr subscription services.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Didn't say they couldn't do it again or that it didn't work before;  the event was conducted for 21 years so it had some level ofsucccess.    The LPGA currently does one in conjunction with the KPMG tournament.      We could say things worked in the past like the shells wonderful world of golf fail miserably (personal opinion) like the Tiger/Phil made for TV event when done using today's model of PPV pr subscription services.   

Cool, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges.