Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TXG is opening an online store

dlow206

It’d be interesting to see how they’d do online fittings. For sure I could see a gapping session or something. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

I am on their waiting list to get fitted this year.  I originally called in February and was told it would be probably May when they could fit me in.  We were in lockdown for Dec, Jan and Feb, so they have a backlog of appointments to get through.  I wonder how they will get to the online fittings when they are so backed up.  Or maybe it's a plan to do online fittings in case we go back into lockdown (plus the added bonus of fitting anyone, anywhere).

It'll be interesting to see how it all works out for them.

Chiller Cart Bag

:taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 9° - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim Max Rocket 3wd 14° - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Rescue 4H 22° - Ventus Blue 7S

:cobra-small: King Forged Tec 2020 - 5 thru PW - Dynamic Gold S400

:cleveland-small: CBX 2 54° Wedge

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 3 Sand Wedge 58°

Bat Attack Battle Ready Putter 34"

:Arccos: Tracking

I would be curious how they are going to make online fittings work. I'm assuming you will need some form of reliable launch monitor or else it's just a judgement call by watching a video. I don't know what their cost if for hosting a website but I don't see any reason not to sell clubs online if you have a big enough fan base that is likely willing to pay a small premium to get clubs specifically from them. I know that most people are excited that it's not solely merchandise and accessories but merch is probably going to be their biggest money maker on their site. Merchandise is generally the biggest ways Youtubers, and any other golf store, make money. You don't have to sell high margin clothes to a large portion of your subscriber base to make a killing when you have hundreds of thousands if not millions of subscribers. Plus, if you have all that traffic getting funneled to your own website, the next money making avenue is advertising. I would say for as popular as their channel is, they don't have that many subscribers (roughly 145k). This probably reflects how niche of a market they truly work in. However, if they sell a $50 shirt with $25 margin to 1% of their subscribers, that nets them over $36k without a whole lot of extra work. That probably pays for the website and makes the online fittings possible.

If you want to truly support TXG, buy a nice shirt (assuming they sell merch).

30 minutes ago, Kansas King said:

I would be curious how they are going to make online fittings work. I'm assuming you will need some form of reliable launch monitor or else it's just a judgement call by watching a video. I don't know what their cost if for hosting a website but I don't see any reason not to sell clubs online if you have a big enough fan base that is likely willing to pay a small premium to get clubs specifically from them. I know that most people are excited that it's not solely merchandise and accessories but merch is probably going to be their biggest money maker on their site. Merchandise is generally the biggest ways Youtubers, and any other golf store, make money. You don't have to sell high margin clothes to a large portion of your subscriber base to make a killing when you have hundreds of thousands if not millions of subscribers. Plus, if you have all that traffic getting funneled to your own website, the next money making avenue is advertising. I would say for as popular as their channel is, they don't have that many subscribers (roughly 145k). This probably reflects how niche of a market they truly work in. However, if they sell a $50 shirt with $25 margin to 1% of their subscribers, that nets them over $36k without a whole lot of extra work. That probably pays for the website and makes the online fittings possible.

If you want to truly support TXG, buy a nice shirt (assuming they sell merch).

Yes online fittings are difficult and without seeing a swing or having launch monitor data either by itself or with the swing there’s going to be some form of guessing.

Based on a quick call with PXG for my irons a good fitter can ask the right questions to get the info they need to make more than just a guess.

As for buying clubs TXG has a good reputation for their build and they carry a large variety of shafts that some other smaller club builders don’t have. This opens the door for a lot of customer who want specific builds with specific swing weights and suck that you won’t get from an OEM. Based on the responses I saw on Instagram they will do plenty of club building business via the store

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

You could definitely do worse with an in person fitting (e.g. most DSG and some GG) than an online fitting with TXG. It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s very successful for them. Ian has a great reputation.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Can’t wait to see what the future holds. COVID has definitely helped the online market showing people what can be done to make things easier but also what needs to be done in person. With the proper equipment I think fittings could be quite successful, I’d addition their reputation should allow for early store success 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

store is open: https://www.txgstore.com/

and before you get blown away by the prices, these are Canadian dollars

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

online store looks awesome! 

i’ve already decided that my 35th birthday present to myself is gonna be an in store full bag fitting with Ian. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

5 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

online store looks awesome! 

i’ve already decided that my 35th birthday present to myself is gonna be an in store full bag fitting with Ian. 

I had wanted to do a fitting with Ian in the future, but then when i emailed TXG, they shot me down and said that Ian was no longer booking fittings because he was focused on expanding and running the business. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I had wanted to do a fitting with Ian in the future, but then when i emailed TXG, they shot me down and said that Ian was no longer booking fittings because he was focused on expanding and running the business. 

the site says available by special request, so we’ll see. it’s a year and a half away so i might start looking into it now. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

10 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

the site says available by special request, so we’ll see. it’s a year and a half away so i might start looking into it now. 

Let me know what you hear

Updated 07/15/2022

35 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

Anything is for sale for the riggt price my friend.

Love there stuff, videos are informative and I find their breakdowns for me anyway easily understood compared to other golf personnel out there. They have a fantastic business that’s fornsuee

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Smart move for them.  A lot of golfer’s should know there “spec” after a fitting (even though they show that the same shaft doesn’t work with all heads) and would be happy to order from them knowing the attention to detail of a true custom build.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

I feel fortunate to gotten in as a guinea pig with him, when I did 😬

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Taking a look over the site it's phenomenal what they offer and just the sheer amount of options. It is interesting how there are no stock shaft offerings (at least what i saw) everything is extra, which can't say is a bad thing or I'm surprised, but wonder why they don't have stock offerings which would be no upcharge in some cases? 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

5 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Taking a look over the site it's phenomenal what they offer and just the sheer amount of options. It is interesting how there are no stock shaft offerings (at least what i saw) everything is extra, which can't say is a bad thing or I'm surprised, but wonder why they don't have stock offerings which would be no upcharge in some cases? 

My guess is that since these are custom builds they are only putting up the aftermarket offerings and figure if someone wants stock they can go to the oem. Also from a business perspective they may not have the time to do stock builds so by offering only high end online or cuts down on the demand of time for the builders who can still do whatever builds come from in house fittings  

it as either Ian or Mike on Instagram that said the custom shop was a place for people to go wild and build their dream iron or set. So not really designed for a stock offering setup 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 10 months later...

Will it be FREE? Don't @ me Bruh.😂

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*