Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2022 MGS Forum Changes

GolfSpy_APH

I'm excited to announce two new themes being introduced as special edition themes for The Masters. 

Why two? Well truthfully I launched one earlier today and a feature didn't work out how I planned so I made up a new one that has some more Master-y appeal. The benefit is now you as users get two to pick from! 

Everything looks to be in order and working as it should, but as always if you notice anything let me know and I'll do what I can to tweak it to resolve any issues that may be there. 

I also want to take this time to point out that we also have a Masters Live Chat - I would encourage when anyone is watching this week to check out the chat and we can look to discuss more of that there in a live back and forth... 

Enjoy all!

Same thing, simply go to the bottom. Select Theme and now you will have a list of various themes to check out... At this time this is still a opt in feature, but I would love to have the membership flexible enough that we make these limited edition themes a opt out for the period of time while these events are going on. However that is a story for another day!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

As I work on a few things and put a ticket in with the Dev for the community map I have disabled it as we have been seeing far too many errors and places people are but are not. Hopefully by end of week I'll have it up and running again for all. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Community Map is back up and running. Hopefully now with the full fixes. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to those changes. 

Might be do bold as to suggest that very popular ongoing threads such as “how did you play” be refreshed each year and the past years content architecture vex somehow? 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

15 minutes ago, revkev said:

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to those changes. 

Might be do bold as to suggest that very popular ongoing threads such as “how did you play” be refreshed each year and the past years content architecture vex somehow? 

Anything is possible! We will certainly discuss it. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Hello all!

As a mod team we wanted to provide an update to a few changes coming down the pipeline in terms of site navigation and organization. Over the coming week or two we will be making some title changes to several of the main categories and merging several other categories. For example Boomsticks will become Drivers, Shiny Metal will become Irons and an overall simpler naming/navigation of the forum will be provided for all. 

We will not simply just do these changes overnight and will notify everyone of the date a few days in advance. These changes are aimed at making the site more user friendly for all who come to the forum or who have never been on a golfing forum before. Most of us use Recent Content or Unread Content for our day to day use, however a new user often has to navigate through the main page which can be a little intimidating. Another example of a change will be merging in a few redundant categories such as General Q & A, General Talk and The 19th whole as they all work to achieve similar discussion. 

Important to note that during this process threads WILL NOT BE LOST. They will simply be moved over. As of right now as a mod team we are working on finalizing our structure and have requested that testing be crossplaced so it will show up in both testing and Driver section for example. 

Testing section will remain as is until the offseason where we will then discuss how to move forward with that. 

Content Corner: This section will be brought back and available for all with a few new highlights - One being "The Daily" this will be 4 or 5 threads that are popular to check in and post in daily. Think How Did You Play Today? and What Equipment Have You Tested? type threads. We will also include Breaking News/Viral Golf Content where the popular goings on of the day can be posted. Finally Articles of Interest, simple really as if there are popular articles/stories or articles/stores that stand out to you in the golfing world simply post there for membership to easily find. 

All the content in the above section will still show up in your recent/unread content. 

Of course if you have questions reachout via PM and we can discuss further. 

Cheers,
Mod Team

Jamie and other Mods, thanks for the update - I especially like "The Daily".  As you're updating categories can you have the headers in the "Create" match the other categories you have or will create. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Jamie and other Mods, thanks for the update - I especially like "The Daily".  As you're updating categories can you have the headers in the "Create" match the other categories you have or will create. 

Can you expand on that or provide screenshots of what you mean. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

33 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Suggestion for the design to organize topic sections - follow the way the current testing threads are designed with Pre-Signup Comments, Comments, and Reviews; the topics could use that flow from a main tab (for Drivers for instance) to sub-tabs for General Discussion, Official Testing (of gear people are chosen to test), and Unofficial Testing (for those moved to do own testing).  The parallel structure through the forums would make sense sorting through the threads, putting channel topics and threads into lanes so content is  easier to find, perhaps making posts sortable [Alphabetical by title, Alphabetical by manufacturer, Date of review, etc] to enable someone to research what they are looking for using less effort whether a regular or new member.

I have a feeling we will move away from tabs as much as we can. They have a tendency to hide more content and often users miss sections. As mentioned the testing section will be addressed this off-season.

One other thing to note is the testing system was a complete custom build and was part of the reason there were so many bugs to start. It runs on a different platform entirely and which is also why all of tests could not be covered into it so we would essentially have to start all brand new and fresh which I'm not quite looking to do at this time.

This is mainly looking to avoid redundant sections and merge them into the appropriate section as well as making things simpler to navigate within the current platform we have.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

37 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I’m glad we got a heads up this time before the changes

We will continue to work to be as open and transparent as possible with the membership moving forward with any forum changes and goings on. 

We all use the forum and all want to have a good experience here and it's really the least we can do.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

All good stuff.  thanks for the update APH!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Excited to see the changes, and definitely agree on the Losing-the-Tabs idea, as having just been a part of a test, I found that I was pointing people (within the "comment" tab) to the "Review" tab multiple times, and (it could just be my browser, but I'm guessing it wasn't just me) every time I loaded the test, it brought me halfway down the "review" post - so I'd have to navigate back to the top of the page, select "comments" and then was able to see the latest comments.  Probably just a bug, but it's something I noticed repeatedly and just learned to deal with - but if I was a one-time clicker, it might drive me crazy and/or lead to confusion. 

Question:  Can I still call "Drivers" "Boom Sticks" in my head when I click on it?  Please? 🙂

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Warrior Golf (don't ask)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (4-PW) - Caley 01T (4-PW)
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Maxfli Tour

7 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Jamie,

These are the two categories/drop down menus I'm referring to. It'd be nice if we had the same categories and subheaders regardless of where you're at in the menu system.  Hope the images are self explanatory. 

p.s. nice to see the Content Corner up and running. 

header3.png.e20af428c7f13354b4562c0353bcd430.png

header2.png.4459a238a6127484df377907fa16a6a1.png

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Jamie,

These are the two categories/drop down menus I'm referring to. It'd be nice if we had the same categories and subheaders regardless of where you're at in the menu system.  Hope the images are self explanatory. 

p.s. nice to see the Content Corner up and running. 

header3.png.e20af428c7f13354b4562c0353bcd430.png

header2.png.4459a238a6127484df377907fa16a6a1.png

Ah yes those will all change and reflect different names which we have when we make the change. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

All the updates sound excellent.  

Is there any way to make both the desktop and mobile site faster?  It's been extremely slow for at least a year, from here at least.  🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :Fuji: Motore X F3 R 

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg PXV R. Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), Project X LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

36 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

All the updates sound excellent.  

Is there any way to make both the desktop and mobile site faster?  It's been extremely slow for at least a year, from here at least.  🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

What browsers are you using?  Have you tried any of the alternate themes?  What mobile device are you using?

(sorry tech geek kicking in)

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

18 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

What browsers are you using?  Have you tried any of the alternate themes?  What mobile device are you using?

(sorry tech geek kicking in)

I just turned 48 yesterday, so maybe you can help an old man out 🤣🤣:

1: My Macbook browser 🤣 sorry I've forgotten its name?  Dinosaur... elephant...Safari!  Sometimes Chrome.  

2. Themes?  Currently searching for how to select these  

3. Samsung galaxy S9.  Google Chrome browser

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :Fuji: Motore X F3 R 

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg PXV R. Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), Project X LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

21 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

I just turned 48 yesterday, so maybe you can help an old man out 🤣🤣:

1: My Macbook browser 🤣 sorry I've forgotten its name?  Dinosaur... elephant...Safari!  Sometimes Chrome.  

2. Themes?  Currently searching for how to select these  

3. Samsung galaxy S9.  Google Chrome browser

I use Safari on my phone often but use an Ad blocker keeps the speed up nicely. Use Chrome on my computer without issues.

Bottom of the screen very bottom is the themes I took a picture and circled it for you

1E2592BB-61A6-45BE-B2DD-41DB97E206A9.jpeg

Those are the same two browsers on each device that I use. 

@knightsofnii Have you cleared your cache. 

DC114615-C3FC-449F-86DC-EE9A16904677.png

and here’s an article to explain it a bit more 

https://mackeeper.com/blog/how-to-clear-cache-mac/

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update for all as we have implemented a few changes. One is the renaming of some of the Equipment sub forums. As we continue we will look to break drivers away into it's own category, same with wedges and irons, however that is a task and a half as we would have to move many threads over. So a watch this space!

Second is a secondary drop down for the forum to help tidy up the top bar. Screenshot is below, let me know what you think!

Screenshot 2022-09-13 20.22.09.png

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Helps even more on mobile I have to say

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

That new secondary top bar is so good.  Such a little change, but makes in INFINITELY easier to navigate between forums

I second this. Clicked on "forums" this morning and it was like I could hear the glorious "AAAAAAHHHHHH" sound as the drop down menu came up!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Much of this will kinda be baby steps, but if we can make half a dozen or so small improvements I think it will go a long way in the end to making a better experience for all. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 hours ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

That new secondary top bar is so good.  Such a little change, but makes in INFINITELY easier to navigate between forums

I'll second that. Love the organization around Headers/subheaders. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Much cleaner and quicker 👍

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

On 8/17/2022 at 9:25 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

I have a feeling we will move away from tabs as much as we can. They have a tendency to hide more content and often users miss sections. As mentioned the testing section will be addressed this off-season.

One other thing to note is the testing system was a complete custom build and was part of the reason there were so many bugs to start. It runs on a different platform entirely and which is also why all of tests could not be covered into it so we would essentially have to start all brand new and fresh which I'm not quite looking to do at this time.

This is mainly looking to avoid redundant sections and merge them into the appropriate section as well as making things simpler to navigate within the current platform we have.

Yep I helped on the testing templates some time back. I am thinking that was back in 15 or 16. I think we had like 4 different teams working with an admin person like yourself. In fact I think if I go back and look in one of my notebooks I have one of the templates drawn out that my group worked on

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Love the updated tabs much cleaner.

Quick question is the goal to combine the "Test & Reviews" and "Forums" drop down to consolidate those two together? I know they are two seperate things where under the forums section it is more past things and unofficials.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

38 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Love the updated tabs much cleaner.

Quick question is the goal to combine the "Test & Reviews" and "Forums" drop down to consolidate those two together? I know they are two seperate things where under the forums section it is more past things and unofficials.

That will look to be cleaned up when we have a better direction with how we want testing to move going forward. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW