Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

If you could take lessons from any instructor, who would it be?

NGage

9 members have voted

1. 1. If you could take lessons from any instructor who would it be?

• Hank Haney
    • Butch Harmon
    • David Leadbetter
    • Jim Hardy
    • Rick Smith
    • Jim McLean
    • Jim Flick
    • Jack Nicklaus (instructor for these purposes)
    • Dave Pelz
    • Other

• SPY VIP

NIck Faldo. His book of mechanics is great and I think that his demeanor would make for an excellent instructor.

After seeing the list I would probably take the golden bear though, just to spend the time with the legend. beers not lessons would be my preference though.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

NIck Faldo. His book of mechanics is great and I think that his demeanor would make for an excellent instructor.

Don't forget to go and vote "other"....I'd like to see what the final results will look like.

I work with an instructor who studied under McLean, but if I had to choose another, I went with Flick because I tend to like his "tips" better than others I see in GD.

I went with Haney, not for any mechanical reasons, but because I like what I've seen of his temperament/personality on his TV show. He seems like the kind of guy who is very focused and driven, but also fairly soft spoken and mellow, which I would like.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I went with Haney, not for any mechanical reasons, but because I like what I've seen of his temperament/personality on his TV show. He seems like the kind of guy who is very focused and driven, but also fairly soft spoken and mellow, which I would like.

I went with Haney as well and for pretty much the same reasons you said above. I feel like he has the personality that would mesh well with me and my game.

Stan Utley - I just read his latest book and that guy is a short game witch. About a dozen lessons with him and I'd be a scratch. There is no doubt in my mind.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

Stan Utley - I just read his latest book and that guy is a short game witch. About a dozen lessons with him and I'd be a scratch. There is no doubt in my mind.

I have read both the putting and short game books. Great for course management and tips like that, but I find that I struggle with his pitch swing. Got Phil's book for christmas and felt the same. prick wrists and turn through ball feels weird and inconsistent to ME. I know, practice, repetition, groove the swing, bla bla bla. Right now it seems unnatural to me...

Volvo Intorqueo

I can't get him...but in the past a couple times a year, I have driven to Columbia, MO to see his brother for lessons.

I can't get him...but in the past a couple times a year, I have driven to Columbia, MO to see his brother for lessons.

That's pretty cool. What's your experience been with him? Does he preach the same philosophies?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I would want to take a lesson with the SnT guys. It would be fun to pick their brain, do some criticizing, and see what comes out of it.

I hope you watched that SnT link I posted in the other thread. Look for it if you haven't.

That's pretty cool. What's your experience been with him? Does he preach the same philosophies?

Yep....same philosophies. He's also done some work with Jim Hardy and the 1-plane swing, so I initially took a couple lessons from him on that too. But now that I've had a lesson with JH, himself, I'm going to keep working on those things.

• SPY VIP

I've never had a formal lesson but if I had to it would be from Butch.

He's the best.

With your handicap that is impressive. As someone who is relatively new and learning, can you give me a little information about how you got to a 2?

Feel free to PM me rather than posting it here.

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived