Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Rattle in my driver...

therod

So as some of you probably know, I bought a new TSI3 a few months ago. It is a great club and I have no regrets buying it. But I now have a little problem. I noticed earlier today, hitting balls into the net in my backyard, that the clubhead now has a rattle, like a weight came loose or a piece of metal chipped off somewhere. I checked the fitting of the shaft, and it was plenty tight. I pulled the shaft, shook the head, and could still hear the rattle. I bought the club new at a local PGA Superstore. What are the odds of getting it replaced? I know Titleist just released their new driver, and TSIs may be available at a discount. But I'm not looking for a new stick. This one is still pretty new to me and works just fine. I'm thinking since I bought it new at the store, it would still have a warranty for a manufacturer defect, and they could / should replace it. Any thoughts?

31 minutes ago, therod said:

So as some of you probably know, I bought a new TSI3 a few months ago. It is a great club and I have no regrets buying it. But I now have a little problem. I noticed earlier today, hitting balls into the net in my backyard, that the clubhead now has a rattle, like a weight came loose or a piece of metal chipped off somewhere. I checked the fitting of the shaft, and it was plenty tight. I pulled the shaft, shook the head, and could still hear the rattle. I bought the club new at a local PGA Superstore. What are the odds of getting it replaced? I know Titleist just released their new driver, and TSIs may be available at a discount. But I'm not looking for a new stick. This one is still pretty new to me and works just fine. I'm thinking since I bought it new at the store, it would still have a warranty for a manufacturer defect, and they could / should replace it. Any thoughts?

Give it a shot. I have golf galaxy contact Callaway years ago after I broke a shaft in 4 rounds even though it was over the 30 day warranty. Least you can do is try.

PGATSS is pretty good about warranty/returns: I broke 2 shafts in a GBB epic a few years back, Calloway honored the warranty the 1st time, and the 2nd time they just gave me a demo shaft. Worth a shot…

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

... Every PGA Store is only as good as it's manager. That said, most managers I have dealt with are pretty cool and will bend over backwards, especially for a repeat customer. I had a custom Sim Max scheduled to be delivered to my home last spring, and 2 weeks after the delivery date I was in the store and asked about the progress and was told it had been delivered 3 weeks ago!?! I was living in a gated apartment and they had never heard of a theft at the complex. PGA manager and TM worked it out and they rushed me a new one. When it arrived it had the wrong shaft! The manager did something they never do and took a shaft from a Sim in stock and replaced mine with the Tensei Blue Raw I ordered and said he would deal with TM. Asked me what grip I use and then took a Lamkin ST+ out of stock and installed it "for all my troubles". I have been very loyal to that store ever since. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Well, evidently I misspoke. I was messing around with the head last night, and couldn't get it to rattle. What I found was that the little gold ring on the adapter, that basically keeps the lower piece of the adapter on the sleeve, came loose. So the downside is the bottom half of the adapter that has the letters on it, the "A" "B" "C" and "D" on it is loose and rattles when you shake it. I don't hear it when I swing the club, and that's the 2nd Titleist adapter this has happened to. I keep a little bag of weights in my bag for the driver, and occasionally move / change weights in it to try something with a different shaft. And the other adapter that this happened to has that bottom piece in that bag. Now there are 2 of them in that bag with the weights. So my bad, the head is fine. Just an adapter failure that doesn't remove it from use...