Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Choices, choices, choices.....

KevB_44

So with the plethora of new driver launches in the last couple weeks and let's also include the TSr launched by Titleist ahead of the others in the pool, what's everyone thinking????   

• Obviously, first question is are you seeing anything here that would motivate you to buy if you were not in the market for a new driver?
  • If you were in the market or now find yourself motivated to make a move:
    • What criteria are you using to make a selection?
    • How would you rank the new choices?
    • Do you see a clear leader here and if so why?

I am sure the articles and you tube reviews are under construction right now, but what are you thinking when you are sipping that beer or burning those calories on the treadmill?

• Driver- image.png.e24a2409101bd1ac07c78edcf8303773.png G430 Max 10K -9* -Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6-X 
  • Fairway - -:titleist-small: TSr2 15*  3 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • Fairway - image.png.48336341476630da4be4ad7cac012b8a.png- TSr2 18*  5 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • UDI- :ping-small:- iCrossover Utility Driving 3 iron Project X HZRDUS Red 6.0 sometimes  :Sub70: -699 Pro 4 -22* Driving Iron UST Proforce V2 Stiff
  • Irons- :srixon-small:- ZX4 MK II 5-7, Srixon ZX5 8-P Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 X-Stiff
  • Wedges-  :cleveland-small:- RTX Zip Core 50*, 54* Nippon Modus 3 Wedge, 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
  • Putter- :EVNROLL: - ER5v Short Slant
  • Ball-  Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Bag- :ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

51 minutes ago, KevB_44 said:

So with the plethora of new driver launches in the last couple weeks and let's also include the TSr launched by Titleist ahead of the others in the pool, what's everyone thinking????   

• Obviously, first question is are you seeing anything here that would motivate you to buy if you were not in the market for a new driver?

I am sure the articles and you tube reviews are under construction right now, but what are you thinking when you are sipping that beer or burning those calories on the treadmill?

I should state I am happy with my drivers right now and am doing a little shootout to find out what will be my gamer, however IF I was in the market I think everything would be on the table. 

For starters I would want something that out does my current driver. I would want something that has tighter dispersion and allows me to swing freely. Stock shaft options would be a consideration as well. 

As Callaway has been a company I have always got on well with I think they would rank highly with the TSr lineup be right there with it. 

After that I think TM, Srixon, Ping and Cobra would all be in contention. Mizuno maybe being a darkhorse. 

In the end it would be a fitting that would determine what I walk home with. It has been really exciting and I have enjoyed seeing all the new drivers come out I will admit I am not crazy on any that I need to go out and have a must get driver. Maybe I am wrong and there is one that will be way better than my Tsi3, but I think it will be a tough one to beat overall!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, KevB_44 said:

, what's everyone thinking????   

I’ve hit them all as part of MGS Most Wanted Testing and since my gamer driver is about 5 years old, I was hoping to see some possible improvements.  When fully warmed up and trying to maximize speed I can reach 110-112 but am generally more comfortable I the 104-107 range.  My biggest issues are consistent face contact and low spin and during testing my miss tended to be  heel side and high.  

I could  get all the drivers to perform pretty equally and ball speed seemed inline across the board including my G400 max.  Judging by how well I hit each driver.  I am probably going back and doing a little more evaluating with the AeroJet and the TSR1 based on combining things like performance, looks, feel, and my likelihood to buy.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

What I get excited about is the markdowns on previous models: being able to find “cheap” heads to tinker with and optimize my numbers as my swing evolves.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

It's exciting to see so many new driver launches in the recent weeks, including the TSr from Titleist. It's always interesting to see the latest technology and advancements in golf equipment. In terms of buying a new driver, I think it's important to consider your own needs and preferences. If you are in the market or now find yourself motivated to make a move, I think it's important to use criteria such as distance, forgiveness, feel, and adjustability when making a selection. It's too early to see a clear leader among the new choices as it's important to test the clubs on the course before making a decision. Overall, It's exciting to see the new options and it will be interesting to see how they perform on the course and which one suits the golfer's preference the most.

PXG 0211

Mizuno JPX 923

Mizuno M Craft V

On 1/13/2023 at 9:58 AM, KevB_44 said:

Great timely Topic.  My short answer is see the CG2 2023 Driver Shootout thread I started today to follow my exploits. 

Im looking forward to hearing everyone else’s thoughts as well as my own as they go through their processes.  

I am perhaps excited or maybe intrigued by a Callaway driver for the first time in 8 or 9 years. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Going to wait till February, but whatever driver wins out for my shootout I am going to put up against a few of the new releases and report back. 

I mean it never hurts (physically.. wallet yes) to try the new stuff and see where it stacks up!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 1/13/2023 at 1:44 PM, Micah T said:

What I get excited about is the markdowns on previous models: being able to find “cheap” heads to tinker with and optimize my numbers as my swing evolves.

That's what I like best about the new driver models - lower price on last year's 'stuff'. The best club in my bag is my SIM 2 Max D driver, that I bought after the Stealth was introduced and I purchased it at almost half off.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

As usual for me I’m Definitly going to go to PGASS and just swing everything. Most likely won’t buy very content with what I have.

I will say I am always interested in TM although I never agree with them for Whatever reason. Titleist is always a front runner for me. For my sake I hope I hit them all terribly🤦‍♂️

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 1/13/2023 at 12:44 PM, Micah T said:

I second this. I got a heck of a deal on a Sim2 Max fairway wood last year on GlobalGolf once the stealth models came out. It was "used" but hardly at all

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

On 1/13/2023 at 9:58 AM, KevB_44 said:

I'm in the market for a driver. My M6 is dying - I love it, but it is time to be replaced. It.is my best club in the bag. My strokes gained compared to other clubs is easily best with driver. I probably have 110+ plus on course swing speed but have not been fit and don't have much launch monitor experience... yet. I'm going to be fit in one week for a driver.

My first order of business with be identifying a shaft. I'm leaning towards the Ventus TR 6-7 range. I'm curious about my angle of attack - I think I hit down too much to maximize my speed, so a blue might win over black. Want to work on hitting up more (we'll see what numbers show).

Once I get shaft, I'm curious in the Ping G430, Stealth2, Cally TD, TSRs, and oddly enough the Wilson caught my eye. Why I'm interested in each:

Ping has been super forgiving according to everywhere and though I don't really need it, I don't want to create more misses chasing a faster face. Not too concerned losing speed as most are pretty close at this point.

Coming from TM so Stealth2 is natural. Head shape should be similar. Hopefully V2 fixed some of the face issues.

Callaway seems to be making a big step lately in technology and product offerings. Never jumped out as a leader in those areas but they seem to be dumping money into being the best. Don't like some of their head shapes but if the numbers are there I'm in. Playing callaway irons now.

Interested in Titleist as everyone should be. Industry leader for a reason. Lot of good reviews on their already released drivers. If they hold up I might put my first Titleist club back on the back since I dropped my Vokey wedges and 2014 AP2s.

Wilson just looks good black and red. Afraid is chinesium and will break, be inferior, or deteriorate. I do rock a Wilson putter and their irons are historically great.

Summary: need to identify shaft and monitor AoA. Then see what my numbers are for each head. Consistency in launch numbers and fairways more important than the longest overall. 

TaylorMade M6 10.5 (Sleeve @ 9.0) - PX HZRDUS Evenflow Black 75 (6.5) (Tipped 1in)

TaylorMade Stealth Plus Rescue 2-17 - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HY (6.5) (Tipped addl. .5in + .25in short)

TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue 4-22 (Sleeve @ 20.5) - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HY (6.5) (Tipped addl. .5in + .25in short)

2021 Callaway Apex Pro (4-PW) - DG X100

Sub70 286 Forged 50*-10 / 54*-12 (Black) - DG S400

Sub70 JB Forged 58*-06 (Black) - DG X100

Wilson Buckingham Infinite Putter - SuperStroke Traxion Claw (Cut to 33.5in)

Primary Ball: Rotation (Snell MTB-X, 2019 Left Dash, 2021 Pro-V1)

Wilson Staff Tour Bag

BagBoy Nitron Push Cart