Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

45 minutes ago, skraeling said:

Fun round yesterday afternoon.  Ive pretty much convinced myself I need a driver fitting though.  got to watch multiple driver shots balloon into the wind.  Worked out on a few holes keeping me out of hazards though haha.

Played the course with my usual driver setting of +.75* (11.25* loft total), so the next round I get out for im going to try -.75* and see what happens (drvier at 9.75* loft) should be a fun experiment.

Anyone done a driver fitting or spun the ball too much, observations? Thoughts?

It’s always beneficial to be fit for your driver. Lofting down will open the club face slightly and in theory reduce spin. Lofting up will close the club face slightly. See below Trackman driver fitting - carry optimizer  Hope that helps. 
image.png.5db20a1093f7bd6f778ef2e08352663e.png

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: L.A.B. DF3, TPT shaft, pistol grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

1 minute ago, Cfhandyman said:

It’s always beneficial to be fit for your driver. Lofting down will open the club face slightly and in theory reduce spin. Lofting up will close the club face slightly. See below Trackman driver fitting - carry optimizer  Hope that helps. 
image.png.5db20a1093f7bd6f778ef2e08352663e.png

Well open face wouldn’t be the worst thing.IMG_8142.jpeg.fd339b614d116d6393cfe0688462170b.jpeg

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

1 hour ago, skraeling said:

ooo GG is doing a free fitting for the Qi driver tomorrow too. hmmmmmm stupid tempting to go give it a hit, problem being I want to hit more than just that 😕

Get fit for the TM for free and try the other stuff out! Last year I hit everything and requested a shaft or 2 specifically with the 430 and Paradym and they handed it to me the demo and off I went

I’ve got a bad reeling about this

2 minutes ago, Wib081 said:

Get fit for the TM for free and try the other stuff out! Last year I hit everything and requested a shaft or 2 specifically with the 430 and Paradym and they handed it to me the demo and off I went

yeah thats the plan.  doing swing speed training too and not super far into it yet.  still 2.5months before league starts so this will whet my appetite for a full fitting in a few months i'm sure.

Edited by skraeling

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

7 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Good Friday Morning!

Glad to have coffee this morning as a young child decided to wake me up so she could steel my spot. 😆 I don't mind though; she turns three in March and it's flying by and I'm just enjoying it as much as possible. 

Hope everyone has a great day and even better weekend!

the best Josh, enjoy as much as you can... 

committed to performance excellence

2 hours ago, skraeling said:

Anyone done a driver fitting or spun the ball too much, observations? Thoughts?

Good morning spies! I was fit checked last year at club champions when I was fitted for my Srixon Z4 irons (wonderful clubs by the way). My current driver is a Sim2 Max I won at a tournament raffle a couple of years ago that rides on a shaft I was fitted to in 2019. So we tried all the latest and greatest from all the major brands and a couple of heads I had never heard of. With a new 400 dollar shaft tucked into it I hit last years Honma driver a whopping 11 yards further than I hit my current Sim2.  Total price on the club if I would have purchased the set up would have been on the high side of a thousand dollars. 

Nope.  90 + dollars a yard in increased distance didn't strike me as a bargain. I liked that really expensive shaft a lot though. 

That is the key to a good fitting, a good shaft. I am sure if you put the right shaft on a shoe box full of sand you could make the ball do what you want.  

1 hour ago, taylorjonasher said:

Going to try to get leg day in at the gym, but it might have to wait until tomorrow.

Missed leg day yesterday. A poor nights sleep and up in several trees picking yesterday  my legs were toast by noon. So today heavy squats, drop sets. Ick...

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

9 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

Good morning spies! I was fit checked last year at club champions when I was fitted for my Srixon Z4 irons (wonderful clubs by the way). My current driver is a Sim2 Max I won at a tournament raffle a couple of years ago that rides on a shaft I was fitted to in 2019. So we tried all the latest and greatest from all the major brands and a couple of heads I had never heard of. With a new 400 dollar shaft tucked into it I hit last years Honma driver a whopping 11 yards further than I hit my current Sim2.  Total price on the club if I would have purchased the set up would have been on the high side of a thousand dollars. 

Nope.  90 + dollars a yard in increased distance didn't strike me as a bargain. I liked that really expensive shaft a lot though. 

I got this sim2max used.  Never fitted for a driver (irons are fitted).  So i have ZERO idea what this current setup is doing on the various things as far as spin rate etc.  Plus im working on more speed.

For a free fitting Ill at least get to see what numbers my current driver is producing so far Ill hit it anywhere from 219 - 270 yards lol.  Miss is for sure predominantly left though.

Edited by skraeling

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

20 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

the best Josh, enjoy as much as you can... 

Yes sir.  Enjoying every second.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter