The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

9 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Ok Per Your request the pull cart story

Like I said I had found it on the scrap pile at work. I had reconditioned it and polished it up. One of the "accessories" on it was a score card holder that held like 4 balls, 4 tees, the score card, pencil, pack of smokes and a Zippo lighter. The last part is what caused the trouble.

It was someone who knew someone I knew that wanted me to do a classic club display at the MB civic center in connection with a golf show. The show promoted Golf Tourism and paid me $150.

Ok so I cleaned and polished up the set of FC-4000 irons and woods and put them in my Tartan Macgregor Staff Bag. The score card holder I had put 3 balata Titleist balls and a score card (Old School) from my old man's course. I had taken an empty Camel crush proof box and put some weights in it. Also had one of the Old Man's Zippo lighters in it. That is where the trouble started.

Some woman I guess one of those anti smokers saw the display and started raising holy hell about the smokes. I told her and showed her that there were no "live tobacco products" in it. It did not matter to her she kept on. By then a couple of her friends had came and chimed in. Then Security was called. This Security Guard who had the sense of a housefly came over and told me I had to take the pack out that no tobacco products were allowed in the center. I showed him there were no cigarettes in the pack. He said he would take them out. I told him he did not want to do that he would regret his actions. Then he got a real City Police Officer. I showed the officer what I showed the others and showed him the lighter had no fluid or flint. By then a small crowd had gathered. He told the assembled bunch I was not breaking any laws. Those anti smoker Karens kept on. Finally the director came and politely asked me to "keep peace" to remove the smokes and lighter. I told him ok I had by then had enough. I told all of them to shove it sideways and wheeled the whole unit out to my truck and left. In my true style I stopped by my course and played 18 holes with the whole set up balata balls and all. I did get my check in the mail the next week. In fact a few weeks later I did a display for a promotional thing the golf group my course was a member of put on. Had no problems there on the "smokes"

The next year the people (Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday) asked me to do another display but without the Smokes. I impolitely told them where to stick it.

Wow! That's crazy! 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

3 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I have a friend of mine on the other site who lives in the area. He has played all the RTJ courses. He says the Judge is tough, but he loves it.

Even though I am no longer a member of that site we stay in touch by phone. He has not unregistered his membership there yet but does not go on the site any longer. I am trying hard to get him on here he will be a welcome MGS addition.

I hope to 1 day play all the Alabama Trail courses!  Hope he joins here!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.