The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

Just now, Northern Monkey said:

That’s a pretty good forecast for up there. My daughter lives in Inverness and reckons it’s virtually always raining 🤣

Sounds about right.

Further complication. I just got an email that the main road to the golf club will be closed next week to allow crews to put in broadband cables (I saw broadband crews a LOT in October, certainly more than I've ever seen in the States). But there is an alternate route which I will have to figure out. From what I can tell, the alternate route will be okay for me because my cottage is to the north, as is the route.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

1 minute ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Sounds about right.

Further complication. I just got an email that the main road to the golf club will be closed next week to allow crews to put in broadband cables (I saw broadband crews a LOT in October, certainly more than I've ever seen in the States). But there is an alternate route which I will have to figure out. From what I can tell, the alternate route will be okay for me because my cottage is to the north, as is the route.

Let’s hope it doesn’t cause you to many complications

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg King Tec 3 hybrid

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

8 minutes ago, Northern Monkey said:

Let’s hope it doesn’t cause you to many complications

I emailed the club secretary to see if I'm reading the map correctly for the alternate route. Basically about 300 yards of the main road, if I'm reading it right, is closed west of the course entrance, but that same road is open north of the course and I can get there that way.

He confirmed that I'm reading the map correctly and I can get to the course from the north.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Fit For Golf tester 2024

38 minutes ago, Northern Monkey said:

Stay clear of the gorse, those spikes hurt if you put your hand in there!!!!

Yep, I have been forewarned about that. Managed to stay out of that stuff in October, but we'll see if I can manage that this time. Particularly in my tournament rounds. Don't want to be playing a bunch of provisional balls. Regular round, I'll just treat it as lateral hazard.

Fit For Golf tester 2024

59 minutes ago, William P said:

Just read your article posted/published for the TPT Shaft review. Great job @GolfSpy_KFT! Well written and enjoyable read, although the fact that I was fortunate enough to be a participant might make me little biased... 😏

Thanks, Bill! Glad you enjoyed it!

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X 

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Cobra Darkspeed X Driver Unofficial Review (link here)

Checked in for my flight. Seat assignment subject to change, but for right now I have a window seat from Boston to Heathrow tomorrow night. That will work. Not only for the view, but I can recline against the cabin wall to sleep on the flight.

Fit For Golf tester 2024

6 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Good morning Spies! The good news is T-minus 29 hours before I leave for Scotland. The bad news is I got back my test score and it... didn't go well. I get one more chance in early October, but at least now I can be more focused in my studying. My work travel schedule is about to decrease which will help. There were too many days where I worked/drove 3-4 hours and was just too damn tired to study afterward.

Formulating a plan to combat jet lag for the trip. I woke up today around 5 a.m., which is better (10 a.m. UK time). I'll go to bed early tonight, get up at 3:30 or something tomorrow, and make sure I sleep on the plane tomorrow night. GF is going out of town with friends for the Fourth since I was leaving anyway, so I have to make sure the furbabies are fed before the Uber arrives at 11:10 tomorrow morning.

And this is what awaits me: Fortrose & Rosemarkie Golf Club

I'll do some kind of workout today and then finish packing. It's 95% done anyway, just need to get all the golf stuff in the travel case.

@GolfSpy SAM I agree with you about 32 Degrees. Their shirts are okay, their shorts are better. Wearing a pair right now in fact.

Looks like a lot of fun!!  Enjoy!  Is there a hotel in town or are you staying at a B&B?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

Good morning spies! No golf for the next 5 days as we are up at the trailer in the White Mountains of Arizona. It was 30, yes thirty, degrees cooler up here yesterday than at the house in Mesa. I have some puttering around to do, a little construction work, 4th of July celebrating, and kayaking on our plate. @cksurfdude You know, old retired guy stuff. Including sitting in a lawn chair, in the shade, with a book in my hands and letting the afternoon roll by. 

I will miss golfing though. With 4 sub 80 rounds out of my last 6 played I feel like my game is definitely coming into its own. But, that also means my handicap has dropped to a 9.9 (course handicap is a 5). It will make it more difficult to win some of my money back. I can live with that. Playing golf well is loads of fun!

Such a wonderful area up there. Show Low/ Pinetop and surrounding area. I have cousins that live up there. Used to go to Sunrise ski area. You wouldn't think AZ would have good skiing, but Sunrise is pretty darn good., Better than anything we have in Oregon. 

Enjoy the cool weather.  

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

3 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

Good Morning, (11:53am) .

Bit of set back on recovery, but I guess its normal to get the old feeling of pinching nerves. Ice and a couple extra meds I was hoping to be completely off of by now. That's ok, I'm not supposed to be doing anything anyway. Just sit and continue down the Otto Phlex rabbit hole. I've also got myself into looking at "spot on Golf". I am just tired of work and would love to find something I actually like doing. That way it isn't work, it's just living. 

Have a great day all. Be safe if you are traveling during the start of 4th of July celebrations. 

Don't rush it!  Get healed!   When you get fully recovered, I’ll see if I can make a trip to Portland to play.  I will be at Eagle Crest for 4 nights in the middle of September.  If not then, I’ll be making a trip next spring.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

Good Morning, (11:53am) .

Bit of set back on recovery, but I guess its normal to get the old feeling of pinching nerves. Ice and a couple extra meds I was hoping to be completely off of by now. That's ok, I'm not supposed to be doing anything anyway. Just sit and continue down the Otto Phlex rabbit hole. I've also got myself into looking at "spot on Golf". I am just tired of work and would love to find something I actually like doing. That way it isn't work, it's just living. 

Have a great day all. Be safe if you are traveling during the start of 4th of July celebrations. 

That is unfortunately not uncommon; the nerve was pinched for quite a while and it doesn't return to normal immediately. Could actually be months before you feel totally normal -- if you do return to normal. (I worked in spine surgery for 9 years and saw a bunch of this.)

Fit For Golf tester 2024

4 hours ago, PrismFlopper said:

Everyone be safe or you might be getting a ride from one of your local underpaid, overworked EMS crews!

I have recently noticed that the ambulances around the Casa are now painted purple. The explanation is that the county hospital runs the ambulance service and the corporate color of the company that now owns/manages the hospital is purple. But it took some getting used to, seeing a purple meat wagon screaming down the street.

Fit For Golf tester 2024