Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

10 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

great honest post, the challenge for me with the Takomo products I tested was mostly getting used to exactly the same thing... 

I'll be able to collect the data and really dig in, but they will have to be hit on different days to really make sure the data is good. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

2 minutes ago, 3Putt4Double said:

Who has the honor of going first?

It will be a coin flip for that day who gets the honors.  Most likely the Srixons as they are the OG of the bunch.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

21 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

Celebrate the good shots as soon as you feel them, then step back, take 15 seconds to close your eyes, breath, calm the background internal noise and stories, and feel that swing again. Once done you should be able to replay that swing and feel sitting at your desk by doing the same calming steps. This puts the swing into your swing habits faster and makes it repeatable. 

The way I try to handle this on the range is when I make good contact, I try to hold my finish position and watch the shot at least until it lands, to internalize the feeling and promote muscle memory. 8 seconds was the number I was given back when.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

Good morning spies! Spent the weekend in the mountains to avoid some of the heat only to return to extreme heat. Supposed to break records today with temps topping 112. Oh well I will head out into the heat anyway this afternoon.  Shot an 86 yesterday trying to spin balls on rock hard greens. It was fun practice, but left me some seriously long putts. 

@Jim ShawFor your after round practice, especially after a round where the wheels came off mid way, how do you shut down the internal conversations and noise? Focused practice needs to be focused. Could have, should have, would have stories we tell ourselves after a round for me are focus destroyers.  Another question, your pre game routine, if it is disrupted, say the driving range is closed, does it disrupt your round negatively? Or are you able to set the tone of your round by setting your attitude?

Regripping clubs today. Pulled the Arccos sensors out of my current grips and the ShotScope ones are too lose. I lost several Arccos sensors over the years because the holes wore out. I am not starting out that way with the shotscope. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

6 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

Pulled the Arccos sensors out of my current grips and the ShotScope ones are too lose.

I don't have any sensors (yet), but I have the gizmo on the end of my putter to get the ball out of the cup without bending over (for which my back thanks me every round). That keeps coming loose as well. I think I'm going to glue it in place with Gorilla Glue or something.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

Came across this today. For your enjoyment!

IMG_5952.jpeg

IMG_5953.jpeg

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* Steadfast Jupiter S or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* Steadfast Jupiter S

Woods: TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png3W Mini TaylorMade S

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H&4H 0317 Steadfast Jupiter S

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD Proj.X IO shaft 6.5

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* Titleist Wedge Shafts

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558