Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Greetings from Syracuse

Just wanted to say hello. I'm not even sure how I wound up here but it looks like a great place and I've enjoyed reading your forums. I got totally sucked in on the TrueAim thread and ordered yesterday. Can't wait to try it out.

I also saw that a number of the testers are from the Saratoga area. I went to school at SUNY Albany and lived in Guilderland for 12 years before moving out to Cuse.

A lot of my favorite courses are in the Albany area (Albany Muni, Town of Colonie & the paragon of bad maintenance, Riverview CC) including the Saratoga State Park course now that it doesn't take 2 days to complete a round.

Mid April and the courses have been open for over a month up here. I'm becoming a big fan of global warming! :)

Welcome to the board... good to see another Syracuse person on here...

Where do you usually play?

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Welcome to the board... good to see another Syracuse person on here...

Where do you usually play?

Most of my rounds are at Liverpool because that's were my league plays. I've been playing a bit more at Timber Banks but the green fees there are painful.

I really like Millstone out in Elbridge. Once you get past the first hole it really has a lot of character. Other than those, I'd say Foxfire, Radisson and Battle Island are among my favorites.

Just wanted to say hello. I'm not even sure how I wound up here but it looks like a great place and I've enjoyed reading your forums. I got totally sucked in on the TrueAim thread and ordered yesterday. Can't wait to try it out.

I also saw that a number of the testers are from the Saratoga area. I went to school at SUNY Albany and lived in Guilderland for 12 years before moving out to Cuse.

A lot of my favorite courses are in the Albany area (Albany Muni, Town of Colonie & the paragon of bad maintenance, Riverview CC) including the Saratoga State Park course now that it doesn't take 2 days to complete a round.

Mid April and the courses have been open for over a month up here. I'm becoming a big fan of global warming! :)

You might be surprised at what has transpired at Riverview (now Mohawk River). The same guy who owns Hiland bought it, and sunk some money into the course.

Most of my rounds are at Liverpool because that's were my league plays. I've been playing a bit more at Timber Banks but the green fees there are painful.

I really like Millstone out in Elbridge. Once you get past the first hole it really has a lot of character. Other than those, I'd say Foxfire, Radisson and Battle Island are among my favorites.

Cool, I live in Liverpool. I usually play at Rogues Roost since thats where my league is. Timber Banks is my list to play, but I haven't gotten there yet. Millstone is a fun course, I've played there a few times, and there are come pretty cool holes...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

You might be surprised at what has transpired at Riverview (now Mohawk River). The same guy who owns Hiland bought it, and sunk some money into the course.

I always thought that Riverview was one of the best layouts I've ever played. It was always the condition of the course that made me sad. It's got to be one of the wettest place on the planet. There were times I played it and there was literally two inches of water in the first fairway. It always struck me as kind of odd because they're so far above the river it always seems like it would be easy to drain it.

Cool, I live in Liverpool. I usually play at Rogues Roost since thats where my league is. Timber Banks is my list to play, but I haven't gotten there yet. Millstone is a fun course, I've played there a few times, and there are come pretty cool holes...

Millstone is one of those course that sneaks up on you. On the first hole I was thinking "what a dog track" then when you go around the corner and get back into the woods it turns into a VERY good course.

Timber banks is fantastic but the greens are absolutely brutal. They're some of the fastest, most undulating monsters imaginable.

Welcome Bear glad you found us.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Archived