Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shot Scope vs Arccos

BKervin

I've been an Arccos user since Gen1, upgraded to Gen2 (360?), and this year replaced failing sensors with whatever Gen they currently sell in their bundles. I've never had to pay for the subscription service, I think because I'm grandfathered into their plan? All I know is I used to worry about a subscription fee popping up, but every time I look, I'm told that my account does not require a subscription.

Functionally, it's not perfect, but I've watched it improve over the years. Yes, those first couple of years were bad, having to carry my phone in my front pocket. Then I got the Link, which took care of that, but lost it within a couple of months. I then got an Apple Watch, but wasn't happy with that performance, plus battery life was an issue. So I got another Link, and proceeded to lose THAT within a couple of rounds. 

I tried to go back to using the Apple Watch register strokes, but eventually succumbed and got a Gen2 Link with the lanyard functionality. It's dumb that I had to buy my own lanyard (honestly Arccos, wtf) but I at least feel a little more secure that I won't lose this one immediately.

Again, it's not perfect, but I honestly don't mind going in after the round to fix any shots that the system missed, adjusting pins/putts, adding penalty strokes, etc. It's part of my evening-after-the-round routine now.

Oh, and hello gang. This was my first post here.

Edited by Kuya Jojo

Driver: :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi C6 Red S

Fairway: :tour-edge: Tour Edge C721 16.5 w/ Fuji Ventus Red 4T Core 60 S

Hybrids/DIs: :callaway-small: 3 Epic Flash w/ Fuji Speeder Evolution SR and :ping-small: 4 Ping G Crossover w/ Ping Alta 70 R

Irons: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex 21 5-AW w/ Aerotech Steelfiber FC90 R

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 w/ TT DG 115

Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 Black V-Line

Other: Garmin S70 Approach

I have a Shot Scope V3, and I like it. Well, I hate the fact that I can't lie to myself about how far I'm hitting my irons, but other than that...

A mandatory subscription to use a device I already paid for is a deal-breaker for me, so I will not use Arccos.

On 6/5/2023 at 4:56 PM, Jnoble89 said:

If you can get your hands on Gen 2 Arccos sensors, you do not need to use the subscription service. I’m not sure how easy they are to find, though. I have used Arccos for one practice round so far and really liked it. You do have to add in penalty strokes but I found that to be simple. Biggest thing for me to remember is setting the pin location for putting. I also have Apple Watch so it integrates with that and I do not need to carry my phone. You can see distance to the front, middle and back of the green. For early impressions, it seems like something I am going to like. 

On 6/5/2023 at 5:21 PM, golferguy2727 said:

Is that true? Someone told me any new accounts automatically go to subscription regardless of sensor version - I’ve been meaning to test that theory but did not get around to that yet 

If that is true, then I likely have some sensors that someone can try out -- can't promise how much battery they have left (didn't check them before removing) or that they'll pair (some wear on the ends from being in my bag), but they did work before I took them off of my clubs. 

However, I think this is tied to the e-mail address and timing of registration, not the sensor version. If you bought gen2 back when they were newer and kept the original sensors going, you would not need to buy into the subscription; however, once batteries started dying and you started replacing individual sensors, they'd eventually require you to get the subscription (I think it was after replacing 4-5 from your original set). I never got that far, because I switched systems. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

On 6/2/2023 at 10:02 AM, BKervin said:

Hi family Spies!

I'm curious which you use.

Which you prefer and why?

Which is easiest for you to use?

What have you gained from using it?

I switched to Garmin's sensors last year, but did try quite a few systems before that. I have more detailed posts elsewhere on the forum, but my quick summary: 

Arccos: best stats of the bunch, but didn't like the tracking mechanisms -- phone in pocket felt terrible to me (especially as my phones kept getting bigger), and Link seemed less reliable (and easier to lose), but Link was better for tracking proximity to the hole and putts. Tags felt big/weighty. Neither of the two tracking systems would get me through 36 unless I charged between rounds -- phone tracking drained the battery very quickly, and when I tried, I think Link died around hole 30. Once tracked, though, the system was great. 

Shot Scope: Like the system better overall, but hated the watch. I only tried the older bulky watch, and by the time the smaller, better-looking ones came out, I had moved on to a Garmin watch (and didn't want to swap watches for the round -- my Garmin doubles as golf and full, everyday Smart Watch). Tags were the lightest of any of the options, and shot tracking was reliable as well, both of which moved it toward the the top of my list. With my version, I think I had to download courses onto the watch, which made round setup more difficult than others. The stats were somewhat comparable, but lagged Arccos a bit. Similar to Arccos, I could not get 36 out of the watch. 

Garmin (not on your list, but my current system): it's OK. I like it because it's reliable shot tracking and syncs with my everyday watch, and it's the only system that I could use for a full 36 holes in one day (because it's fully dependent on watch battery, and my watch will last). Stats are just OK, but the UI is nice when looking back through rounds and seeing individual shots. Putt tracking is weak on this, though -- actual putt tracking is not great on any of them, but on this one, there is no way to modify number of putts on a hole once you finish the round (I think others you can say "no, this was actually a 2-putt", but Garmin requires that you get it right before submitting). Sensors are about the size of Arccos, but battery in the sensors seem to drain quickly (maybe that's because I don't store my clubs upright? Sensors might be overly active because I store them on their side) -- but, one bonus is that the batteries in the Garmin sensors are easily replaceable, and the batteries are cheap and easy to find (I tried to look up replacing Arccos batteries, and it seems possible, but fairly difficult). 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

Haven't used Arccos (mainly due to the subscription and having to use it through my phone during the round), but I've been overall happy with Shotscope V3.  It does occasionally miss shots, and the putting distances seem to be way off sometimes, but overall it works well.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

22 minutes ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

If that is true, then I likely have some sensors that someone can try out -- can't promise how much battery they have left (didn't check them before removing) or that they'll pair (some wear on the ends from being in my bag), but they did work before I took them off of my clubs. 

However, I think this is tied to the e-mail address and timing of registration, not the sensor version. If you bought gen2 back when they were newer and kept the original sensors going, you would not need to buy into the subscription; however, once batteries started dying and you started replacing individual sensors, they'd eventually require you to get the subscription (I think it was after replacing 4-5 from your original set). I never got that far, because I switched systems. 

When I created a new account, it made me sign up for the subscription even though they were gen 2. Based on Arccos website, this should not happen. But, I had an account tied to an old email, logged into that and synced the same sensors and it did not require subscription. So kind of hard to say. I have been liking it so far, but I don’t think I’d pay a yearly fee for it. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I have been using the shot scope X3 for about a year and a half now. I currently have the new X5. As with any new tech, there are some growing pains. Having said that, I have found the shot scope works well for me. It tracks shots with a fairly high degree of accuracy. I might need to add in a penalty shot or a bunker placement here or there, but overall the system works. I have confirmed what I suspected. I need to work on my approaches from 100yds and in. I tend to miss left. I used to miss short as well, but have adjusted. My strength is my putting. I rarely 3-putt. As with most golfers, I need to hit the fairway more. Shot Scope has helped me with my game and I would recommend it for use. As with anything, try it for yourself and see if it works for you.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

I use Shot Scope and upgraded from V3 to X5 when it was offered to existing customers at a discount.  The aesthetics definitely beat the V3 but for a month or so I was thinking about going back to the V3 due to annoying bugs but the watch is working pretty well now.

What I don't like is that lately they seem to be introducing quite a few bugs into the browser app that is used to edit and Sign Off on the rounds.  I have reported them and they seem to be a lower priority and are taking a long time to respond/resolve/tell me they aren't going to fix them.  I get it, the buggy firmware kept the support team busy but I don't understand why bugs keep popping up in the browser app when it applies to all of the ShotScope tracking.  It's kind of annoying to have to change workflow to get around UI bugs (or just accept them) for the time being.  Hopefully they will get the UI straightened out soon.

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5* - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Regular
:ping-small: G425 3Hybrid 19* - Fujikura Pro 2.0 Hybrid 7 - Regular

:ping-small: G425 5i-PW (bent to old school lofts, similar to Ping's Retro Spec) - KBS Tour 90 Regular
:ping-small: G425 50* wedge - KBS Tour 90 Regular
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 56* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 Black
:odyssey-small: White Hot OG 7S, Garsen Quad Tour non-tapered grip
Titleist ProV1x Left Dash
Shot Scope X5 watch; Bushnell Pro X2 Range Finder

Just canceled my arccos and got a refund (it renewed this week), and ordered the shot scope pro lx+!! Also get 15% off with code PLUGGEDIN, from their review of said product!!

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

I'm not a fan of either but especially the Arccos. I couldn't get it to work consistently and found them both distracting to my game. To each their own though.

Edited by jkfults69

J. Kevin Fults

Knoxville, TN

7 Handicap

I used Shot Scope for a while. I didn't really find it useful - anything it recorded I could see happening on the course anyway. I found it more useful and less distracting (and more fun) to just use the old fashioned method of analyzing shots visually and adjusting as needed. Also, I've never liked playing golf with a watch on, lol.

12 hours ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

….  (and easier to lose), but Link was better for tracking proximity to the hole and putts.

My Link fell off my belt twice … luckily got it back both times. So I fashioned a loop from an electrical tie so I now thread my belt thru it … slides on & off easily. The clip on does not work with fatter braided belts. Back to the drawing board people. 

IMG_3278.jpeg

Edited by B_R_A_D_Y
Added photo

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

Still cannot get my link to work.  One phone said all good but did not work.  The second phone I tried...kept getting error that "NO GPS SIGNAL"  Hard to believe that storm radar works but, the LINK does not?

A former plus handicapper who must settle for mid 70s to mid 80 scores today.  After taking 10 years off due to back issues, my driver length has decreased by 40 yards on average.  I look forward to any training aids, shaft improvements, club enhancements to get back part of what was lost.

I tried the Arccos sensors when Ping ran a promo to get a set if you bought a Ping club. While not a fan of the subscription model, what I really hated was the bad information I was collecting.  The sensors do not take into account half shots, knock downs or bump and runs while they are collating the data. I use a variety of clubs from off the green so when I would check my distances on the app, my “average’” 7 iron, for example, was going 120 yards. Same held for the rest of my scoring clubs. Classic case of garbage in, garbage out.

Edited by 1puttpar

Professional club maker/club fitter, retired

Founding member, former President, International Clubmakers Guild

13 minutes ago, B_R_A_D_Y said:

My Link fell off my belt twice … luckily got it back both times. So I fashioned a loop from an electrical tie so I now thread my belt thru it … slides on & off easily. The clip on does not work with fatter braided belts. Back to the drawing board people. 

Yep, saw a bunch of people doing things like that. I dropped it a few times but never actually lost it. I chose to give up instead of trying to manipulate it. 

I have used Arccos for at least 6 years and while there have been times that it doesn't pick up shots and sometimes have to adjust putts, I love the data it provides and ability to go back and edit if need be. Also, with its updates, editing is easier as it shows where you walked on the green as well as stopped on the course to help figure out where you most likely hit a shot/putt that wasn't recorded. I don't mind carrying my phone and the quick read for distances to the center of the green I find easier than a rangefinder.

Looking for that magic fix

5 minutes ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Yep, saw a bunch of people doing things like that. I dropped it a few times but never actually lost it. I chose to give up instead of trying to manipulate it. 

A former plus handicapper who must settle for mid 70s to mid 80 scores today.  After taking 10 years off due to back issues, my driver length has decreased by 40 yards on average.  I look forward to any training aids, shaft improvements, club enhancements to get back part of what was lost.

Would like to see a pic of your contraption.  I will attempt to use the Link again tomorrow morning if the rain will stop long enough.  After losing one of them, I hate to do it again.

Only saw one other reference to Garmin sensors.  I have used both Garmin and Arccos sensors.  The Garmin were a bit more reliable than the Arccos.  And while i really liked the data they provided, they were just too much work making corrections.  When someone makes a shot tracking system that is at least 99% reliable, I'll definitely buy it. For now, i am using a Skycaddy SX400 and can use it to manually track shots when i want.

Edited by Dean M
  • Driver: Ping G410
  • Hybrids & Fairway Woods: Ping G410
  • Irons: TaylorMade Sim2 Max
  • Wedges: Cleveland Smart Sole
  • Putter: Toulon Design Daytona
  • Ball: TaylorMade Tour Response
  • GPS:  Golf Pad with NFC Sensors

I had the OG Game Golf and when they started having all their problems I looked for a replacement. I considered Arccos, but didn't like the size of the tags and the fact that they take batteries. At that time, they didn't offer the Link and you had to carry your phone in your pocket. I tried that with Golf Pad for a brief period and that was not a good experience.

I came across the Shot Scope V3 as it was being introduced, got that, and I've been a happy Shot Scope user ever since. There were some issue when it got introduced, as there has been with the X5, but eventually the V3 became very reliable and the X5, with the latest firmware update, is getting better and better.

Never having been an Arccos user, I have no idea how their data is presented, but can't imagine it is that much better than Shot Scope. I find the Shot Scope Dashboard for editing easy to use, the data is broken out in detail and SG data is there, to include on a by shot basis for each round.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

On 6/7/2023 at 6:48 PM, Dean M said:

I tried Arccos and really disliked it.  It was just too inconsistent in picking up the shots.  It was particularly useless for Puts.  I just had to spend too much time on the course trying to correct the data.  Have not tried the Shot Scope, yet.  But it uses RFID club sensors that should be completely reliable... as long as you remember to register the club prior to your shot. 

That is exactly what was happened to me. I would go to the next hole and realize the shots didn't register on the right hole. I was getting to the point where I was not having fun playing and more time adding shots that were missed. I returned them and got my money back.

I upgraded from the Garmin s12 to the Shotscope x5. Wish I hadn't bothered to be honest. The shot tracking is clunky, the editing afterwards is a bit of a pain also. I think I preferred the simplicity of the S12- I probably should've just kept the S12 and bought a companion range finder. For me the most annoying thing about the X5 is when you input all your scores and get, say, 77... you then sync your scores and bam: 71- you then have to trawl through to correct the missed shots etc. I wish it would just take your original score but highlight in the edit where the discrepancies are. 

Titleist TSR2 driver. Titleist Tsi2 3 wood. PXG 0211 7 wood. Wilson D9 Forged irons. Vokey wedges. Odyssey Rossie putter. 

So for me, the subscription for Arccos was the nail in that coffin, on top of the sensor issues that I had sporadically. 
I purchased the shotscope V3 about two years ago and I have got a lot of good data from it.  I have also found they are quick to respond when you have issues with the equipment or there are updates needed at golf courses.  I took it with me when I played in the UK last year and it worked seamlessly.  I am considering an upgrade to the pro Lx+ so I can get laser data as well, and I don’t like wrist watches….I have used the V3 for more than 200 rounds and the missing/dropped/not counted shots are probably less than 1%. This really helped gauge my distances for my clubs at various courses in all kinds of weather.   Definitely a shotscope supporter.  Good luck.

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

@BKervinit's a literal coin-flip as to which you go with.

I was solely a SS customer, but new Ping irons introduced me to Arccos over this past winter. So Arccos has been up-to-bat....errr, swing first this season. The X5 is on-deck due to needing 5 rounds for Arccos Caddie activation. Round 5 is tomorrow. Then I will don the X5 for the rest of this season. At the end of this season, one will remain in my 'golf purgatory' section in the office/garage, never to be heard from again.

SS: wins with Customer Service, ability to pick-up 'all' shots - I've never had a missed putt with the V3 & the X5 will be put into service shortly, and with no subscription fee

Arccos: wins with analysis detail & sheer database size. The Link2 records most shots but still misses many putts. The annual fee will only increase (just like everything else in this world). 

SS desktop is better for post-round editing. Arccos gives better insights into your game & what to work on. Arccos has the Caddy feature. SS doesn't demand you refer to your phone throughout a round. And back-and-forth, on-and-on.....

As @tony@CICsaid in a post, some people choose Android whereas other choose Apple iOS. Some choose Windows & others swear by Mac.

All told, I will likely stay loyal to SS - the David vs Goliath in this shot-tracking space (IMO). I'll always support an 'underdog' that produces/provides a quality product/service.

The Arccos app on a Samsung watch is balky (at best). I find it very unfair to have to pay for an annual subscription when it's too cold & snowy to play here in Indiana 4 months of the year. If Arccos offered a 'pay for play' plan, I might be swayed. But they don't (read-as "won't ever" based on my conversations with them).

ShotScope got caught with their pants down (a bit) on the X5 but are working diligently to get it right. I don't need a Caddy (as I thought I might) - good/bad decisions on shots are on me - I detest having to refer to my phone during a round. Heck...I golf to get away from my phone & the world for 4 hours, not closer!

Apple watch user, don't mind looking at your phone throughout a round, & willing to pay while you don't/can't golf? Choose Arccos.

Samsung fan, don't mind wearing a device on your wrist while you play, and want to pay-once-and-go? Choose ShotScope.

Best of luck!!

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

13 minutes ago, CudaKota66 said:

@BKervinit's a literal coin-flip as to which you go with.

I was solely a SS customer, but new Ping irons introduced me to Arccos over this past winter. So Arccos has been up-to-bat....errr, swing first this season. The X5 is on-deck due to needing 5 rounds for Arccos Caddie activation. Round 5 is tomorrow. Then I will don the X5 for the rest of this season. At the end of this season, one will remain in my 'golf purgatory' section in the office/garage, never to be heard from again.

SS: wins with Customer Service, ability to pick-up 'all' shots - I've never had a missed putt with the V3 & the X5 will be put into service shortly, and with no subscription fee

Arccos: wins with analysis detail & sheer database size. The Link2 records most shots but still misses many putts. The annual fee will only increase (just like everything else in this world). 

SS desktop is better for post-round editing. Arccos gives better insights into your game & what to work on. Arccos has the Caddy feature. SS doesn't demand you refer to your phone throughout a round. And back-and-forth, on-and-on.....

As @tony@CICsaid in a post, some people choose Android whereas other choose Apple iOS. Some choose Windows & others swear by Mac.

All told, I will likely stay loyal to SS - the David vs Goliath in this shot-tracking space (IMO). I'll always support an 'underdog' that produces/provides a quality product/service.

The Arccos app on a Samsung watch is balky (at best). I find it very unfair to have to pay for an annual subscription when it's too cold & snowy to play here in Indiana 4 months of the year. If Arccos offered a 'pay for play' plan, I might be swayed. But they don't (read-as "won't ever" based on my conversations with them).

ShotScope got caught with their pants down (a bit) on the X5 but are working diligently to get it right. I don't need a Caddy (as I thought I might) - good/bad decisions on shots are on me - I detest having to refer to my phone during a round. Heck...I golf to get away from my phone & the world for 4 hours, not closer!

Apple watch user, don't mind looking at your phone throughout a round, & willing to pay while you don't/can't golf? Choose Arccos.

Samsung fan, don't mind wearing a device on your wrist while you play, and want to pay-once-and-go? Choose ShotScope.

Best of luck!!

Good review. I would add one additional benefit (for me): Shotscope’s choice for editing/review - phone app or pc dashboard. I’m in the camp of editing on the phone (just finished editing todays round while watching a tv show).   

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

6 hours ago, alanbass said:

I used Shot Scope for a while. I didn't really find it useful - anything it recorded I could see happening on the course anyway. I found it more useful and less distracting (and more fun) to just use the old fashioned method of analyzing shots visually and adjusting as needed. Also, I've never liked playing golf with a watch on, lol.

I don't like wearing a watch golfing either

B

4 hours ago, Dean M said:

Only saw one other reference to Garmin sensors.  I have used both Garmin and Arccos sensors.  The Garmin were a bit more reliable than the Arccos.  And while i really liked the data they provided, they were just too much work making corrections.  When someone makes a shot tracking system that is at least 99% reliable, I'll definitely buy it. For now, i am using a Skycaddy SX400 and can use it to manually track shots when i want.

I have the SkyCaddie SX400 but there is bo data for tracking.  Do you have any trick to get data @Dean M?

B

21 hours ago, BKervin said:

I have the SkyCaddie SX400 but there is bo data for tracking.  Do you have any trick to get data @Dean M?

Sure.  Here is the link to the video that shows how to do "shot tracking" on a SkyCaddy SX400 or SX550.   It actually works pretty well and is not that much trouble.  Frankly, I found it easier to use than making constant corrections to Arccos or Garmin sensors. 

SkyCaddy Shot Tracking

All in all I really like my SX400.   I just wish it had a Slope correction feature. 

Edited by Dean M
  • Driver: Ping G410
  • Hybrids & Fairway Woods: Ping G410
  • Irons: TaylorMade Sim2 Max
  • Wedges: Cleveland Smart Sole
  • Putter: Toulon Design Daytona
  • Ball: TaylorMade Tour Response
  • GPS:  Golf Pad with NFC Sensors

I have only used Arccos, This will be my 3rd year using it. 

It gave me the stat tracking I was looking for and also uses the stats to show you what your positives and negatives are in your game. This can be used for each round or over several rounds in the app and the website. If you want the best experience it is worth getting the Link it works much better than phone in your pocket, but it is one more thing that you have to keep charged to be able to take advantage. 

I know having Arccos has made me want to play more golf because it gives me instant feedback at the end of the round if I've improved on what I have been working on in practice.

I wouldn't recommend if you don't like going back and check you round, at its best it usually needs 3-5 corrections a round ( which I do while playing) but for me this is much easier than filling out a scorecard with all the stats I wanted to track. 

Chad Jones