Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

2023 US Women's Open

fixyurdivot

Hard to beat Pebble Beach for overall aesthetics.  I'll be switching between this event, LIV London, and the JDC depending on coverage.  Several names I've never heard of at the top of round 2's leaderboard; including three amateurs who look like they'll play the weekend. So who's following this event and who are you picking?  I have a feeling Leona Maguire is going to slowly make her way into the top pairings on Sunday, and just wear the field out with consistency. How about all of our WMGS members - any thoughts on who will hoist the hardware on Sunday?

image.png.f21fd991aa3b6998ce652b811a568ef1.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Since I don’t have Peacock I have been streaming the featured groups from the web site yesterday and today.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Bailey Tardy 323 yard drive... wow!  Yes, I know many of the current women tour players exceed this at times but it got me to wondering about the "distance debate" as it pertains to women's golf.  It looks like the gains over the decades is less than that of men, but creeping up nonetheless.  No doubt for many of the same reasons.  What really stood out to me was that Anika only led in average driving distance one year (2003) of her 15 season career - clearly showing distance alone isn't the holy grail.

Michelle Wie's last US Open event?  Mel Reid guest commentator on TGC (doing a good job btw).  Rose Zhang drawing the largest galleries. Lot's going on in women's golf at arguably the season's biggest event.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Bailey Tardy 323 yard drive... wow!  Yes, I know many of the current women tour players exceed this at times but it got me to wondering about the "distance debate" as it pertains to women's golf.  It looks like the gains over the decades is less than that of men, but creeping up nonetheless.  No doubt for many of the same reasons.  What really stood out to me was that Anika only led in average driving distance one year (2003) of her 15 season career - clearly showing distance alone isn't the holy grail.

Michelle Wie's last US Open event?  Mel Reid guest commentator on TGC (doing a good job btw).  Rose Zhang drawing the largest galleries. Lot's going on in women's golf at arguably the season's biggest event.

Some surprising players - Thompson, Korda, etc.  putting up some big numbers on the leader board. Wie will have a relaxing weekend at +7. I waqs surprised to see her there to begin with. Nice to see Tally AND Corpuz at the top of the Board. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I watched a fair amount yesterday and today. Pebble beach is mesmerizing!

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

What a great win for Allisen Corpuz.  She was steady all week and being at the top if the leaderboard didn’t seem to bother her.  When she made a poor shot, she didn’t compound it and bounced right back.  She’s a fixture for US Women’s golf now.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Was a good watch this weekend.  It was nice to she the Womens Open get to play a course like Pebble for a change.  Glad it is now part of the rotation!

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

It's always great to see Pebble. I think the USGA should give it the St. Andrews treatment. I didn't recognize most of the names at the top, but it was still nice to see great golf. Watching Rose Zhang almost shoot even par in her first major, she bogeyed 18 for a +1 tournament was great. She's going to be a force for the next decade. And it was great to see Charley Hull make that run as well. Which is more than I can say I've seen from any of the last several men's majors. 

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

32 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I didn't recognize most of the names at the top, but it was still nice to see great golf. 

This is how golf transitions,   I often don’t recognize a lot of names at the top of the men’s tour leaderboard either.   I think it also shows that there are few if any dominant players in golf anymore.  IMO; Like it or not, strategies like DECADE dominate the tours and any player can win any week since it comes down to mental strength versus the ability to hit shots….they all can  hit the necessary shots.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It was great seeing the women play Pebble Beach.   It's refreshing to see the famous venue with lady professional players whose game I can better relate to.   

According to Trackman statistics, the PGA average driver carry distance is 275 yards and 7 iron carry distance is 172 yards.   The corresponding LPGA players driver carry distance is 218 yards and 7 iron carry distance of 141 yards.   Though I couldn't even approach the LPGA average carry distances, at least they are believable numbers and give me hope that I could have a chance of not being totally embarrassed playing Pebble Beach.   In fact, I had three friends text me after watching the ladies play this weekend if I wanted to see about playing the course.  They never did that in February with the PGA stop!

This weekend was great for women's golf and golf in general!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4