Cleveland RTX wedge bounce

Tech707

I'm currently gaming a 56 mid and 60 mid RTX wedge. The gapping is a little too much from my gap wedge so looking at going with a 54/58 setup. My question comes with selecting a bounce setup for this combo. I live in south Florida so conditions are typically soft. I don't tend to dig a ton on my irons, but I have a steeper approach with my wedges. Prefer to play them towards my back foot. I am looking to go with a mid grind 10 54 and full grind 12 58. Am I overthinking how I will play these clubs and better off reversing the grinds/bounce? 

33 minutes ago, Tech707 said:

I'm currently gaming a 56 mid and 60 mid RTX wedge. The gapping is a little too much from my gap wedge so looking at going with a 54/58 setup. My question comes with selecting a bounce setup for this combo. I live in south Florida so conditions are typically soft. I don't tend to dig a ton on my irons, but I have a steeper approach with my wedges. Prefer to play them towards my back foot. I am looking to go with a mid grind 10 54 and full grind 12 58. Am I overthinking how I will play these clubs and better off reversing the grinds/bounce? 

People setup their clubs differently and I have even seen recent instruction talking about bounce and using the bounce and how bounce will depend on how you deliver the club.   Consider this:  general instruction says you should launch the ball with your wedges lower than 30*.  If you deliver your 60* wedge with a vertical shaft and use the bounce you have to hit down significantly to get 30* of launch.  So when you combine the forward lean and downward angle to get 30* of launch and higher sping you are pretty much negating the bounce.     That said if you want to go typical,  sand club usually has more bounce and you then put a lower bounce wedge in the bag.   If you are going to use your 58* for bunker then make that your higher bounce wedge. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I changed from 52 , 56 , 60 RTX3's all Mid Bounce this year to 54* mid bounce and 58* low bounce RTX 5's .  There was a few reasons for the change

1. Versatility , my 58* isn't used for full shots .

2. It abled me to put a 5 wood in the bag .

3. Just to many wedges in the bag  ( PW , AW , 52 , 56 , 60 )

Srixon ZX7 Driver Hazardous Smoke Stiff Shaft 

Titleist TSR 15* Fairway wood , Diamana Blue Stiff Shaft 

Srixon ZX , 5 Wood , Hazardous Smoke Reg Shaft

Titleist TSR 21* Hybrid Diamana Blue Stiff Shaft

Taylormade P770 5-A Wedge Irons , KBS Tour Stiff Shafts

Cleveland RTX 5 Zipcore  Wedges 54* & 58* DG Spinner Shafts

Tayormade Spider X Blue Putter

Titleist 14 Way Sta Dry Stand / Carry Bag

Srixon Z Star Xv Ball Yellow

It all depends on how you use your wedges.  I play my 58° at 8 but it gets used in so many different ways.  My 50° and 54° are 12

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter