Rory leave the PGA tour Advisory Board

Javs

• GolfSpy_BNG changed the title to Rory leave the PGA tour Advisory Board

This is gonna be an interesting topic to follow. 

In my opinion this has everything to do with LIV/PGA merger(this will not become a place to argue this topic). Rory has been very vocal on his stance between the 2 and I fully see him retiring if the merger goes through. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

In my opinion this has everything to do with LIV/PGA merger(this will not become a place to argue this topic). Rory has been very vocal on his stance between the 2 and I fully see him retiring if the merger goes through. 

I really agree with you. I feel Rory feels betrayed since he was a very vocal supporter of the Tour. He also did not hide his feelings on LIV. Then with the reported merger and the Tour leadership not telling him prior probably led to his resignation.

Play like a champion today!

I read another article this morning about him possibly moving back overseas in the next couple years. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

1 minute ago, Javs said:

Interesting and maybe the past year took a lot out of him

It mentioned him wanting to play more over there. 

I think it has a lot to do with the merger and feeling betrayed. My guess is he was promised something to be a major voice against LIV.  

1 minute ago, Josh Parker said:

It mentioned him wanting to play more over there. 

I think it has a lot to do with the merger and feeling betrayed. My guess is he was promised something to be a major voice against LIV.  

I fully agree with you!

Play like a champion today!

I read a headline yesterday that the Tour is promising equity to its players for staying, which is "something," but may be too little too late for Rohrs.  I'm fully on his side in this thing - he was out there beating the drum hardcore for the Tour, and they didn't even have the balls courtesy to tell him about the merger talks.  That's...gross.  

I'm a huge fan of his, and it would suck to have him limit his Tour presence, but I also totally understand.  Especially now with a kid, his priorities are very likely shifting - and now given how this all played out, I can see him taking his ball and going home 🙂

Time will tell...

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

I'm not the biggest Rory fan. He comes off a lot like a spoiled brat sometimes, others like "my s*** don't stink," while other times he can be pretty cool. Not sure why so many "faces" to him, but that's just what I've seen over the years.

I agree that he feels very much "stabbed in the back" from what Jay has done after Rory stood in front of the media day after day banging the drum for the Tour and against LIV. He's lost out on tens of millions (likely well over 100mil) of dollars for turning down any LIV offer that likely was made. This is that one time I don't blame him for thinking very seriously about taking his ball and going home. He won't retire, I don't think. He'll likely go back to Ireland with his family and play more DPWT events and less here (maybe majors/Player's only) to stay away from Jay and all that. Or maybe he stays and just doesn't do anything to help Jay and the Tour out ever again. Hard to say for sure.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Haven't read a single comment here or elsewhere so here goes. 

Good for him!!!

He has done so much more than asked and rarely if ever complained about such. This has certainly had effects on other parts of his life and work so good for him to put himself first and I hope we see and rejuvenated Rory on the course this upcoming season.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I have no idea what Rory will do. I will only mention my slightly similar, though obviously very different, experience. I was twice involved in governance committees associated with my job (ASTM, national business association). There was a ton of politics, pressure from all kinds of people, and way too much uncompensated time. It sucked, made me very unhappy, and took time and focus away from my job. I was glad to be rid of it all. Rory has been in the thick of it in the worst time in history for this board. Time to chuck it aside, and look out for himself.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

I don’t blame him. Others have expressed similar views and stories I’ve read about his current position and rumors about his next moves. 
Rory has spent so much time and effort in that position that it has affected his ability to be competitive in the majors. I would imagine it is in part to allow more focus on his game as much as family time. A better balance. 
As a Brit (albeit US based), I’m hoping  he is able to participate more in European DPWT events and help bring the profile and sponsor investment in the game across the pond up closer to the PGA Tour. The direction the DPWT is heading it will just be more and more a feeder tour to the PGAT and closer to the CornFerry in stature than the major tours it is meant to compete with for player participation. Maybe that’s all wishful thinking. 
I’m not Rory’s biggest fan, but I enjoy watching him play and want to see him winning more majors to silence the critics. 

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* (set at 10*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :taylormade-small:Stealth2+ 4H (@22* flat) w.Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 80X

:taylormade-small: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small: 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW

:vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

I liked the rory that just played golf and was one of the best players on tour from 2010-2014ish.

Dont really care if he’s on the advisory board or not, and he’s nearing the downside of his career as he approaches 40. Not sure him not being on the pga tour hurts them if he leaves and plays only DP world tour events 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I used to be a Rory fan but did not care for the manner in which he threw fellow players and friends under the bus for choosing LIV.  His decision to become the pointy end of PGA's spear was ultimately his choice.  There were others who also voiced distain for LIV and those who went to LIV, but they did so in a much less caustic manner - Rahm a great example.  Rory choosing to leave the PAB isn't all that surprising to me given the double-cross Jay & Co. pulled on their players.  Whatever this pending "merger" entails, it is sure to be rife with hard feelings and angst.  I'm guessing he just does not want to deal with that mess... he's like "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Rory has turned me off recently. Personally, I feel they should have fired Monahan after he stabbed the players in the back.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

3 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Rory has turned me off recently. Personally, I feel they should have fired Monahan after he stabbed the players in the back.

I don't disagree that Monahan should have probably been asked to leave.  I have seen a few articles that suggest a handful of players feel the same way.  

It might be minor, but I wonder if his involvement in the Tiger virtual league thing is also adding the final straw. Might just want to focus on life a little. He has a little girl to take care of. The weakest link is likely the advisory board (for reasons noted by some of you guys above), so it was easy to bail.

:ping-small: g430 lst

:titleist-small: TS2 20* hybrid, New Level PF-2: P-7; 902: 6-5

:taylormade-small: hi-toe 51* and 57*

:mizuno-small: M Craft IV

Rory showed great leadership this past year and was stabbed in the back. I can see him deciding to get out of the politics of the tours merging.

That said, I can't see him moving and playing mainly in DPWT events. He is too competitive for that. He either stays and plays mostly PGA Tour events (and majors) or scales back entirely and only plays majors and a handful of other events.

After all that has happened between him and the Commish, along with the addition of Tiger, leaving the advisory board was kind of expected. What is more intriguing to me is the move back to the UK. I am wondering if this would mean more time on the European Tour for him while only appearing in certain events in the US.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons;    Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist

Thoughts on Jordan taking his spot?  

With the chaos of everything going on, is it going to affect his game?  

I honestly am surprised that anyone would want to jump in right now that is still chasing the top.  

Policy Board Topic

29 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I honestly am surprised that anyone would want to jump in right now that is still chasing the top.  

Policy Board Topic

Jordan stepping in is a surprise. I feel that his game is just getting back to being regularly competitive and this might end up being a distraction from his climb back towards the top. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

11 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

Jordan stepping in is a surprise. I feel that his game is just getting back to being regularly competitive and this might end up being a distraction from his climb back towards the top. 

I agree!  I was surprised to see it.  

Who thinks we may see a mess this next year?

I read an article this morning that talked about rumors of Rahm possibly making a move to LIV.  Of course, this has been in articles for the last month or so and I'm wondering if we are going to see a huge shake up.

I think the way Jay switched views (took the money) has left a bad taste with a lot of players that passed up on the money and now feel played.  I have seen a few players wanting him to step down.

On the other side, it seems like the organization of LIV is lackluster and frustrating some players as well.

On 11/21/2023 at 5:37 AM, Josh Parker said:

Policy Board Topic

I think Jordan will bring maturity and a much more level head to the leadership of the tour. I certainly don't see him saying FU Phil every time there's a camera on him.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18