Odyssey Ai-ONE Putters - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy BOS

19 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

I purposefully set up to hit putts off the heel/toe/center with a setup to control the stroke as much as possible (had tees set behind the ball to control backstroke and tried to maintain same pace through the putt) comparing the overall distance (hit 6 putts cycling through center-toe-heel-center-toe-heel)…was very impressed with the results.  The balls all finished at a very similar distance regardless of the strike point on the face.

Ive done the same testing and i 100% agree on that it goes about the same speed which is hard because now the only thing to blame when i leave one 3 foot short is myself 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

4 minutes ago, Blaine Dye said:

Ive done the same testing and i 100% agree on that it goes about the same speed which is hard because now the only thing to blame when i leave one 3 foot short is myself 

Haha!  There’s still plenty else to blame…the ball, the bump in the green, the wind, too cold, too hot, the foursome in front of you taking too long…I could keep going.

All I know, the problem is definitely not me!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Not sure if I should create a new topic for this,  but I am challenging @Blaine Dye @TJ Hall @buckpillar

to a 3 ball, 3 hole, mini-golf challenge with the AI-ONE putter !!! 

The following are the only 3 guidelines:

1. Must be no less than 6 feet away and Must have some kind of impedance for each hole. (slope, break, terrain change, etc)

3. Must be at your home (or office) space, and post the video here.

3. Be creative, and most importantly, have fun!

After all are submitted,  we will put it to a MGS members vote!

(You may post 1 long video, or 3 separate ones, in the same post)

Thanks Buck for the inspiration! 

Edited- posting deadline should be before the final review date.

Edited by Rob Person
Last comment

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

3 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Haha!  There’s still plenty else to blame…the ball, the bump in the green, the wind, too cold, too hot, the foursome in front of you taking too long…I could keep going.

All I know, the problem is definitely not me!

You have a great point there its definitely not me 

Ogio bag

52 bent to 51 vokey 

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Not sure if I should create a new topic for this,  but I am challenging @Blaine Dye @TJ Hall @buckpillar

1. Must be no less than 6 feet away and Must have some kind of impedance for each hole. (slope, break, terrain change, etc)

Sounds like im making a putt putt course when i get home im game 

Ogio bag

52 bent to 51 vokey 

@buckpillar feels great. I’m an odyssey loyalist and have been using the #9 for about 15 years. Indoors only putting since I’m in Ohio. 

the stability of the face and shaft are impressive. Might change the putter grip is the only thing. I’m pretty sold on the Superstroke grips. 

HBU?! 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

42 minutes ago, Bohnson said:

@buckpillar feels great. I’m an odyssey loyalist and have been using the #9 for about 15 years. Indoors only putting since I’m in Ohio. 

the stability of the face and shaft are impressive. Might change the putter grip is the only thing. I’m pretty sold on the Superstroke grips. 

HBU?! 

The Rossie S was a good choice , it would definitel be my alternative choice to the DB, as its a semi-mallet putter!

Did you get it with the stock Ai pistol grip?

Please, by all means post up some pics, videos, heck join in on the mini golf challenge if you want!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

1 hour ago, Bohnson said:

HBU?! 

I actually played the Odyssey Divine Line blade putter until last year, I won a Scotty at an outing and put it in play, not really thrilled with it. I love the AI#1 blade just the way it is, I have a Super Stroke 2.0 on the Divine line Odyssey, it feels like a perfect match.

Stay warm and watch those single digit temps. I'm in the same boat you are, southwest Pa.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

3 hours ago, Rob Person said:

I will need a few days, I'm working nights until next Tuesday morning and will need to sleep sometime even though the testing and mini golf are more important 🤣. But I think it is a great idea Rob, I was just fiddling around when I made the mini golf video the other day.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

2 hours ago, buckpillar said:

I will need a few days, I'm working nights until next Tuesday morning and will need to sleep sometime even though the testing and mini golf are more important 🤣. But I think it is a great idea Rob, I was just fiddling around when I made the mini golf video the other day.

Edited post to say deadline would be good before the final review date.

Edited by Rob Person

Here is some side by side testing I did today. Literally,  side by side.  I grouped the balls as I saw to be similar performance wise. Also allowed me to see where I may be pushing/pulling my stroke. (Keeping the Face square!)

I reversed the balls to also show if one would roll further than the other based on heel/toe position. 

Edited by Rob Person

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Here is some side by side testing I did today. Literally,  side by side.  I grouped the balls as I saw to be similar performance wise. Also allowed me to see where I may be pushing/pulling my stroke. (Keeping the Face square!)

I reversed the balls to also show if one would roll further than the other based on heel/toe position. 

Love the golf sweater!  Where did you get it!  Also I’m looking forward to the final review.  

Edited by Lefty11
Error

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

Just now, buckpillar said:

Do we know the final review date?

I just seen your video on YouTube , halfway through it, looks like the harder balls(Warbird) wasn't doing very well, looked like you had to really hit them for them to go anywhere

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

7 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

Love the golf sweater!  Where did you get it!  Ado I’m looking forward to the final review.  

I have 2, 1 in black, 1 in white. Saw them on Temu. Men's were sold out, but they had women's. So I did a size conversion,  and ordered 1 of each. About 8 bucks apiece. Only difference is the buttons are opposite side insert. 

12 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

I just seen your video on YouTube , halfway through it, looks like the harder balls(Warbird) wasn't doing very well, looked like you had to really hit them for them to go anywhere

They are definitely a firmer ball. Never played one before. They were a gift. I'm sure if I were to play them exclusively for practice and a round, I could adjust quickly.

8 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Edited- posting deadline should be before the final review date.

I’m in!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Here ya go. I went with a practical approach, attempting to keep it as close to real putting scenarios and surfaces as possible.

Mid-Jan Update on the Millie vs Versa saga.  I think Versa is jealous of "Millie" as I have all but put her in the corner.  I spent some serious time working lag putts "on carpet" with Mille yesterday and continue to find how accurate this putter is.  I always thought Versa was set and forget, but Millie is proving to be just as reliable.  I think playing a seven style putter prior to the test allowed me to stay in "familiar waters" (more of those ponderings in my upcoming final review).  Planning another round with Millie tomorrow....

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Im so torn on this putter on one hand it is reliable an goes where you want it to but i just feel like i am consistently leaving putts short i think its because this is the first putter i have every used that wasnt a mallet style but im getting better this putter is light i wish i had a good comparison but compared to my mallet style it is very light really hoping this weather stays away for the weekend i would love to get a real round in and not just carpet and putting green but we will see  

Ogio bag

52 bent to 51 vokey 

Took “Millie” out for a round today - started out iffy (two consecutive 3 putts - it was the puttee not the putter - greens were rolling way slower today), then we settled in for a pretty smooth dance the rest of the round.  Finished with a total of 32 putts.  Distance control was spot on, even with putts just off the green.  BTW - there is one thing that I have not done with Millie, and won’t unless she wins her spot in the bag…..this little sticker is still on her: IMG_7802.jpeg.49d5657f60e0a67b6d4eed26e70262f1.jpeg

Will it stay or will it go?  Only the Final Review will tell….

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

56 minutes ago, Willie T said:

Took “Millie” out for a round today - started out iffy (two consecutive 3 putts - it was the puttee not the putter - greens were rolling way slower today), then we settled in for a pretty smooth dance the rest of the round.  Finished with a total of 32 putts.  Distance control was spot on, even with putts just off the green.  BTW - there is one thing that I have not done with Millie, and won’t unless she wins her spot in the bag…..this little sticker is still on her: IMG_7802.jpeg.49d5657f60e0a67b6d4eed26e70262f1.jpeg

What size is the Super Stroke on your 7 db?  

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

5 hours ago, Blaine Dye said:

Im so torn on this putter on one hand it is reliable an goes where you want it to but i just feel like i am consistently leaving putts short i think its because this is the first putter i have every used that wasnt a mallet style but im getting better this putter is light i wish i had a good comparison but compared to my mallet style it is very light really hoping this weather stays away for the weekend i would love to get a real round in and not just carpet and putting green but we will see  

What kind of putter were you using before the test?  I found the Ai-ONE insert to be softer than my TaylorMade Spider, but I also prefer a softer feel off the putter face.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

3 hours ago, Willie T said:

Cliffhanger…

I immediately took the little sticker off, but do that with every club that I have bought.

Looking forward to see the final review!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 1/18/2024 at 9:38 AM, Rob Person said:

Here ya go. I went with a practical approach, attempting to keep it as close to real putting scenarios and surfaces as possible.

I was expecting you to make 2 on the impossible challenge!

Well done!  I’m still planning out my holes, have some thoughts as of now.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

53 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I was expecting you to make 2 on the impossible challenge!

Well done!  I’m still planning out my holes, have some thoughts as of now.

Nice Rob, looking to set mine up after I finish the work week on Tuesday. but your course was great!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

5 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

What size is the Super Stroke on your 7 db?  

It’s the Zynergy Pistol GT 2.0 (same size as the grip on the Versa 7 CS - the putter I was using prior to the test…

3 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Cliffhanger…

I immediately took the little sticker off, but do that with every club that I have bought.

Looking forward to see the final review!

For me it’s like those paper floor mats they put in a car when you test drive it as an extended loaner - just a reminder that it’s still theirs…..the same with the Odyssey, it’s working to earn the right to be permanently in the bag - till the New Kid In Town comes along (as we hear Glenn Frey singing in the background) 

On 1/18/2024 at 9:38 AM, Rob Person said:

Rob - loved the video and the Bonus reminded me of a course we play that was in horrible shape prior to the major reno - the “greens” were pretty much like your bonus footage….

12 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Nice Rob, looking to set mine up after I finish the work week on Tuesday. but your course was great!

So scoring would be something like this.... miss +1 make -1 .. what does everyone think?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]