Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, Dweed said:

I gave up my "how'd you play" time today to take the grandboys to opening day of the LPGA Dow Invitational in Midland, MI at the Midland Country Club. A beautiful day for sure. Saw some great play by some strong players. What we saw is that Lexi T still has a lot of great shots in her. Plus others as well. Watching them shoot helped impress the boys as to just how good those gals are. It was well worth losing a little me time in the process.

Where I was today!.jpg

That's awesome!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

15 minutes ago, cnosil said:

All I can say is WTF.   Terrible putting during my round today;  I was missing putts inside of 5 feet all over the place.   Thinking my putter feels too safe since I got rid of all my backups 🤣

😱  You are not alone in this thought or feeling today Chris, @cnosil.

I played well tee to green, just had no feel or touch with the putter. Left so many short, even from short distances I actually thought it may be time to try a lightheaded putter. 😕

It doesn't help that the practice green at a course close to the house where I practice rolls much faster than the greens at the local courses.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

16 minutes ago, cnosil said:

All I can say is WTF.   Terrible putting during my round today;  I was missing putts inside of 5 feet all over the place.   Thinking my putter feels too safe since I got rid of all my backups 🤣

I hear you.  I think one of the problems that I have had is the fact that I had 5 rotating putters.  I am beginning to believe that I need to commit to one putter and spend the time necessary to get better with it.  Changing over and over has kept me off balance, yielding a lack of confidence in any of them.  For now, and I hope that isn't going to change soon, I have gone back to my old Ping Anser putter.  Yesterday, I had a 4 putt and a 3 putt...today, I only had 28 putts, along with 8 1 putts.  While I was 6 over for the day, my putting seems to be getting better.  Stay tuned.....

Cobra LTDx one-length 6-SW

Cobra Aerojet 2,3,4,5 Hybrids--85g stiff shafts

Cobra F8 10.5* Driver 

Cleveland CBX 58* Wedge

Ping Anser2 G2 putter

Dedicated Walker

2 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

It doesn't help that the practice green at a course close to the house where I practice rolls much faster than the greens at the local courses.

Bad part is I putted well on the practice green before the round.  during the round I just couldn't start the ball on my line.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, alii1959 said:

I hear you.  I think one of the problems that I have had is the fact that I had 5 rotating putters.  I am beginning to believe that I need to commit to one putter and spend the time necessary to get better with it.  Changing over and over has kept me off balance, yielding a lack of confidence in any of them.  For now, and I hope that isn't going to change soon, I have gone back to my old Ping Anser putter.  Yesterday, I had a 4 putt and a 3 putt...today, I only had 28 putts, along with 8 1 putts.  While I was 6 over for the day, my putting seems to be getting better.  Stay tuned.....

Having multiple putters isn't a problem; just need to get better at the skills associated with putting.  My problem tonight was all on me.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Was able to play 9 this afternoon. Still feeling a bit pooped from yesterday with the grandkids. Happy with the results overall. Shot 39, but I know I left 3 out there so still some work to do. 6out of 8 fairways and 6 out of 9 greens. As always, still had some fun and a key point. No lost balls. Always a plus.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Played the same course today as yesterday. Got off to a good start but then my putting got a little shaky. Not really going to complain about a 78 but once again I was knocking on the door of a low 70 score but just couldn’t put it all together. Drove the ball really well with the Velocore+. Look for updates soon in the Fujikura testing thread. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

21 hours ago, rkj427 said:

managed to get out and play a round today, and actually played well tee to green, more so on the back 9 than the front.

Had numerous looks at potential birdies but putting let me down. Only had 36 total putts in a score of 80, and only 1 green 3 putted for bogey, but I left so many short within 6" - 18" it was frustrating.

Green speed at this course much slower than the practice green I use to practice on, but I should have been able to adjust, just really did not, and that is on me.

Hit 11 of 14 fairways, and 2 of 4 greens on the par 3's.

Had 11 of 18 GIR, with those missed either a touch too long, or just off the sides of the greens.

Here is a cool picture, number 10 green, I am about 12" in 2 on this 400-yard par 4, and 2 putted for par. Naturally, left the first putt about a foot short. ☹️

Screenshot 2024-06-27 222138.jpg

That looks like a beautiful course Robert! I love the fact you got a photo with a deer walking along the green, I always love seeing wild animals on the course. I'm happy you got to get out today to play. 

11 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That looks like a beautiful course Robert! I love the fact you got a photo with a deer walking along the green, I always love seeing wild animals on the course. I'm happy you got to get out today to play. 

Thanks Jason! The majority of the courses around my area have wildlife on them, deer, rabbits, turkeys, turtles, and various species of birds.

Mostly due to the fact that one course is in a large "Metropark" with a lot of wetlands, woods, and lakes in it.

The others are near rural farms, and they are a source of food for the animals. 

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

5 minutes ago, Indy_Oz said:

Played 18 this afternoon at a links-style course. Trophy Club, Lebanon, IN (USA)

Par: 72, 6580yds, slope 130

Score: 81 (+9)

FIR: 9/14

GIR: 13/18

# of putts: 36 (2.0/hole)

Highlights-

3 birdies. 1x par 3, 1x par 4, 1x par 5

Came this close to a slam dunk HiO, 160yds into wind. 
IMG_5975.jpeg.f24ed162cac7557a8986fa66d776bcfc.jpeg

IMG_5974.jpeg.ac6e943d2012ef5ea116f1490932bc1c.jpeg

The contours on the greens and surrounding areas certainly provide a challenge, but the surroundings and course design always keep you interested! I had a frustrating day with the flat stick and had too many nasty lip-outs and skirting over the edges. 

IMG_5969.jpeg.0a7b096b4b2a0b0ec07c7428866308a5.jpegIMG_5970.jpeg.156d4463d8ccd7c335420c090b556a4c.jpeg

Wow!   Nice job

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

17 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Wow!   Nice job

Thanks, Rob. A few shots aside, I was hitting the ball nicely. I was pleasantly surprised I was hitting the driver straight after struggling lately and talking about replacing it. Ha ha. 

2024 WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST 9* w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix:callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

5 minutes ago, Indy_Oz said:

Thanks, Rob. A few shots aside, I was hitting the ball nicely. I was pleasantly surprised I was hitting the driver straight after struggling lately and talking about replacing it. Ha ha. 

It sensed it's doom impending!  😆 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Well, that's never happened to me before.  

The Friday evening couples two ball was rudely interrupted by the tornado sirens going off.  We all got to spend a half hour in the center room of the clubhouse, the storm shelter for the club.

What was surprising was how fast the weather changed.  The front basically developed right over the town.  We were in sun when the sirens went off.  

A small tornado touched down briefly just east of town--about 5 miles away from the club.  Fortunately, no damages and no injuries.  

I will give a shout out to Youtube TV.  When the electricity and internet went down, I was able to pull up the nearest TV station on my phone and track the progress of the storm.  

28 minutes ago, alfriday101 said:

The Friday evening couples two ball was rudely interrupted by the tornado sirens going off.  We all got to spend a half hour in the center room of the clubhouse, the storm shelter for the club.

What was surprising was how fast the weather changed.  The front basically developed right over the town.  We were in sun when the sirens went off.  

A small tornado touched down briefly just east of town--about 5 miles away from the club.  Fortunately, no damages and no injuries.  

I will give a shout out to Youtube TV.  When the electricity and internet went down, I was able to pull up the nearest TV station on my phone and track the progress of the storm.  

Glad everyone was OK and safe!

34 minutes ago, alfriday101 said:

Happy to hear everyone is safe and there was no damage.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

On 6/27/2024 at 7:13 PM, alii1959 said:

Alii.  I might sound like broken clock.  Try my cross handed method with face balanced , preferably a wedge shaped face balanced putter. It's midnight now, I'll write u more tomorrow.   I love my putter , my putting. No fear.  

Drv: PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex; and 2004 Callaway 454 Ti 10 deg on RCH 65 regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body now (June 2024) on Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno 2017 version JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 Mizuno S5 52/09.  One bent up 2 degrees, one bent down 2 degrees.😍.  And a 60 deg Mizu T7.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃

Struggled last night with a 48 over 9 holes. I got stuck in traffic and was late to the course - I had time to hit maybe 6 putts before teeing off. My short game was pretty good, but everything else was just outright bad. I struggled off the tee nearly the entire round. 2 pars, 5 doubles, a triple on the first hole, and the worst of all, a SEVEN on a par 3. We're not going to talk about that one. Here's to better golf ahead!

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S