Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played 2 competition  rounds one at my home course West Lothian and another at Crieff. 

Saturday was a day to forget, hitting the ball well but bounces and lies I was getting found really frustrating. Bunkered 6 times,  at the 9th middled my drive to find it was sitting in an old divot wedged between the front edge and the replaced divot. Heading for buffer until lost a ball at the last and 3 putted.

I really enjoyed Sunday at Crieff, 23'C/73'F, light breeze and beautiful countryside (5 miles from Gleneagles, 2014 Ryder Cup). Really ripping my driver but nothing else working. Played to my h/c going out, back 9 a bit of a car crash with my putter. 5 x 3 putts. Finished with 32 stableford points.

Summary handicap up 1 x 0.1.

How did everyone else get on?

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Day 2 of a 2man shamble today at a little cc in the middle of nowhere. We played mediocre and shot 67. -5 through 9 then finished -5 bc of 3 bogies on the back.

One of which is why I'm posting. I had a 4 foot par putt that fell in the hole, hit the plastic edge of the cup and popped out. It's the second time I've ever seen this happen. Have any any of yall ever had this happen? I can't help but feel cheated in a way.

So the edge of the cup kept it out?

I've seen it before when someone jams the pin in and the next person to remove the flag actually pulls the cup out as well because it was stuck in the cup.

That'll cause the cup lip to no longer be flush or just below the ground.

Sucks and all you can do is rant and try to fix the cup.

Tazz

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Day 2 of a 2man shamble today at a little cc in the middle of nowhere. We played mediocre and shot 67. -5 through 9 then finished -5 bc of 3 bogies on the back.

One of which is why I'm posting. I had a 4 foot par putt that fell in the hole, hit the plastic edge of the cup and popped out. It's the second time I've ever seen this happen. Have any any of yall ever had this happen? I can't help but feel cheated in a way.

Yes , has happened to me a couple times in the last month. No one in the 4some could explain it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

... I played what I think may have been my best ever, bogie free round yesterday. Subjective of course as I shot a 69 and have shot lower many times but I hit 17 GIR's and the only miss was a slight pull on an uphill par 4 from 189yds with a 5 iron that just caught the side of the bunker and could have bounced either way, but went in. Missed quite a few birdie putts obviously, lipping out 2 and just being a little cautious on some tricky downhillers but no complaints. The killer part is I only hit 6 fairways although all the misses but one big pull were just off the fairway. I think this shows just how good the P790's are for me. Not one swing thought or any indecision as I spent the entire day just looking where I wanted to hit it and deciding which club to pull and as we all know those days are very, very rare. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Played pretty well in my league tournament yesterday. We played a course from a shorter yardage than I usually play (Played whites instead of Blues or Blacks) and I shot 67 (-5) with 4 birdies, 2 eagles and 3 dumb bogeys. It could have been a super special round because I lipped out or left a couple inches short 7 more birdie putts. 

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Played pretty well in my league tournament yesterday. We played a course from a shorter yardage than I usually play (Played whites instead of Blues or Blacks) and I shot 67 (-5) with 4 birdies, 2 eagles and 3 dumb bogeys. It could have been a super special round because I lipped out or left a couple inches short 7 more birdie putts. 

... Great stuff! I am a die in the hole putter so I don't mind leaving some level or downhill birdie/eagle putts a hair short although obviously getting it at least to the hole is always better, but it is really frustrating to leave uphill birdie putts short.  

Write it down fellas. Ole Tazz sneaked up and carded a 79 today at Fair Oaks in Oakland, TN.

Only the 3rd time to post under 80.

Driver was well it was present lol every other club did yeomans work today. Only 7 fairways and 7 girs but 29 putts lol. Bunch of chip ups close to pin.

No birdies, 12 pars and rest bogeys.

Our league tournament is next week so hopefully some range time with the driver and I can figure out what's going wrong.

It is a crazy game!

Congrats on the 3rd time under 80!  Keep that trend rocking.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

I may have had the worst week of my golf career in recent memory.

I was on vacation with my wife's family and went out to play 4 times over the 10 days.  It went from bad to worse.  The only thing that I can say went well for me was my putter.  However it took 5-6 shots just to be able to pull the dang thing out.  My father-in-law asked what the heck was going on, and all I could say was, "If I knew what I was doing wrong, I would stop."  And I just couldn't stop.  

Maybe I had been enjoying a few too many cocktails throughout the week and was fighting the brown bottle flu.  Maybe I was too hot and cranky. Maybe I just flat out stink.  It could be all of the above.  The one common problem I had for all of the rounds was an inability to get "in the zone."  I couldn't feel what my hands, arms, feet, anything really were doing and it probably looked like an instructor's worst nightmare.

I'm going to need to hit the range and the practice green as well as re-hydrate before the big golf trip in 2 weeks.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

... Great stuff! I am a die in the hole putter so I don't mind leaving some level or downhill birdie/eagle putts a hair short although obviously getting it at least to the hole is always better, but it is really frustrating to leave uphill birdie putts short.  

I alternate between that style and having everything a foot and a half past

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Monday morning, warm, bit overcast, nice, 43-41=84 bad. Off the tee pretty good iron play not bad putter & chipping atrocious. Can't blame weather, conditions or playing partners all good!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I alternate between that style and having everything a foot and a half past

... Since most experts agree 1.5' past the hole is ideal for taking out green irregularities, I tried to utilize the technique but failed miserably as my brain is just not wired that way. I did a lesson years ago with Kevin Weeks at Cog Hill as he works with pro's and he too likes 1.5' past the hole. But he said I was very consistent with my stroke and distance die putting, and he recommends die putting if the player is clearly more accurate with that method. He laughed and said many instructors would have ruined Crenshaws stroke. 

... There are many times the "volcano" around the hole gets me as the ball is dying right in the front and just moves off the last few inches. I'd love to hit those harder but it just doesn't work for me and it messes up my direction and consistency. 

That's generally from the cup not being set deep enough.

We had that problem years ago at a course I was playing at the time, and it was because they had a new member of the grounds crew setting the cups and didn't know the proper depth to place them. Lots of people complained, and as soon as the greenskeeper caught wind of the issue it was quickly recitified.

Or, as someone else mentioned, it can because someone else had snatched the pin out of the hole and ever so slightly raised the cup from the bottom of the hole.

Interesting, thanks .

Rick

Left Hand, 

AZ summer golf is an interesting bit.. Played yesterday. Tee'd off at 6:20 a.m. and by 7 it was already 100*. The back 9 was around 105* and by the time we finished, it was near the high at 107*. If you forget your sunscreen and don't properly hydrate, you WILL pay a painful price. I was well hydrated but forgot my sunscreen and sunglasses. Luckily my skin is conditioned and is a tone that allows for some extra sun without excessive burning coming into play.. but that doesn't mean that I'm condoning forgetfulness when it comes to applying protection. Getting burned can accelerate dehydration pretty badly. My skin and eyes got pretty cooked and by the end of the round I was toast physically and mentally. Then there's the aftermath of fighting off, nursing, and praying that leg cramps don't show up because they're pure evil. Luckily no leg cramps.. just a mild burn, itchy eyes, and lessons learned. 

As for the round, I didn't play horribly but definitely had some bonehead moments. 2-putt max is beginning to be an actual thing for me so that is a plus. Shot 39 on the front and 42 on the back. had a couple of wayward tee shots that cost me and some poor greenside placement shots that weren't typical for my game. All in all, I'm really making strides and am confident that I'll break 80 very soon. That is one of my 2018 golf goals and it seems like I'm on pace. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Both of the guys involved in our monthly money match called out, one was sick and the other had family issues come up, so I thought I was going to spend the day at home and was dreading what honey do they wifey might come up with.

And then a guy that I'd long promised a playing lesson for called. Yippee, I was free!

So anyways, I've often talked about high handicappers needing to learn how to play bogey golf - and that was the gist of the playing lesson yesterday.

My playing partner was a guy with a mid-20s handicap, that I'd told the only way I'd agree to play with him was if he allowed me to pull each club for him - but that if played my way I'd give him a path to breaking 90 (his goal).

Despite playing from the blues (not the tips), I left the driver in the bag, except for two holes in which there was little penalty if you missed the fairway, hit 3-wood or hybrid off the tee the rest of the time except for par-3s, and intentionally laid up short of the green unless we were within 150 yards on our second shots.

I hit 10 of 14 fairways (ironically missed both drivers), only hit 6 GIR (including but two of four par-3s), but left myself lots of easy chips, had only 25 putts. ... and. ... wait for it. ... shot 81.

And my playing partner shot 89, his first time ever breaking 90, so he was thrilled.

What the day also gave me was a chance to show our two playing partners we ended up paired with a lesson on how to play "ready golf."

I know I've been quick to jump into any discussion any time someone has made a comment about being disgusted with taking 4+ hours to play a round of golf, and I've often mentioned that between packed weekend courses and my unwillingness to run between shots that I didn't see how 3 hour rounds were practical or enjoyable.

But we started our round behind a 5-some, which I didn't mind because of the playing lesson I was involved with - but I was soon dismayed as we lost spacing to the group in front because our playing partners were so pathetically slow. ... And while both of those guys were slow, it was pretty much because they didn't play ready golf (they were always asking whose turn it was, and I kept saying if you're ready to go ahead and hit it), and it finally came to a head on a par-5 as one of them were roughly 340 yards from the green and patiently waiting for the green ahead to clear. Finally, being as my ball was about 80 yards ahead of them in the middle of the fairway, I was sitting in the cart on the other side of the fairway becoming impatient and I asked what they were waiting for, and the guy motioned toward the green, and I yelled, "You couldn't hit it that far with a tailwind." So he hit his fairway wood and was still 140 yards short of the green.

So anyway, as we were walking off the green I said, "Look we're half a hole behind that 5-some, and we've only played 3 holes. At the rate we're going we're going to be two or three holes behind them when we get done, so let's get a move on. Quit sitting in your cart waiting to hit, grab a club and let the other guy go to his ball, stop waiting to be picked up (walk 40 yards for god's sake), if you're on the green grab a flagstick when everybody else gets on - and if there's any doubt whether it's your turn or not don't worry about, hit the friggin' ball, because I'm tired of looking back and seeing the group behind us staring at us with their hands on their hips." We had been on pace to play a 6 hour round, and we finished in just over four, and pretty much pressed the group in front of us the rest of the day. ... Even though neither one of them broke 110.

So my point is, instead of getting aggravated and complaining about pace of play and people not playing ready golf - do something about it, play with some newbies, and teach them. ... I mean I'd be willing to bet none of us learned all the intricacies of the game on our own, and as guardians of the future of the game it's our responsibility to pass on what we've learned.

Great write up RP! As things have busied up on our courses around here too, I have automatically switched over to ready-golf mode without thinking of it or really knowing there was a term for that method. To me it's just damn common sense and should be practiced more often.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Played the Lower course at Baltusrol today in an outing. What a great track and it is a beast. First outing in a long time that I played that was set up at 7,000 yards. Didn't hit it particularly well or particularly bad today and scraped out a 78. The rough is just absolutely brutal and man the fairways are fast. Overall a great day out playing one fantastic club.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

... Since most experts agree 1.5' past the hole is ideal for taking out green irregularities, I tried to utilize the technique but failed miserably as my brain is just not wired that way. I did a lesson years ago with Kevin Weeks at Cog Hill as he works with pro's and he too likes 1.5' past the hole. But he said I was very consistent with my stroke and distance die putting, and he recommends die putting if the player is clearly more accurate with that method. He laughed and said many instructors would have ruined Crenshaws stroke. 

... There are many times the "volcano" around the hole gets me as the ball is dying right in the front and just moves off the last few inches. I'd love to hit those harder but it just doesn't work for me and it messes up my direction and consistency.

The problem with the die into the cup is that they often “die” an inch short of the cup.

I don't mind the 1.5' past the cup, but I'm not good enuf either way. Shorter putts sure, but longer putts I'm happy with 1.5 short or long! Haha

But shorter putts, make darn sure it gets there, and 1,2 feet past is ok.

For me anyways

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

The problem with the die into the cup is that they often “die” an inch short of the cup.

I don't mind the 1.5' past the cup, but I'm not good enuf either way. Shorter putts sure, but longer putts I'm happy with 1.5 short or long! Haha

For me anyways

I try to die into the cup any putt over 15 feet so I make sure I don't have 4-5 feet coming back. I usually still hit it 1-2 feet by the hole but I need to be in that mindset so it doesn't get away from me. Anything inside 15 feet I make sure it gets there. Nothing annoys me more than having had the line on a 10 footer but having left it 6 inches short.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

For me anyways

... For me at least, it isn't a question of intent. I would love to get the ball 1.5" past the hole but again my brain is just not wired that way. Playing QB thru college I was always a feel passer not a spot thrower. I just see the ball rolling in the front of the cup and it is very easy for me to calculate distance by feel doing that. Forcing myself to roll it past the hole just throws my distance control completely out of whack because I am putting past my target. Luckily putting has always been a strength of my game and I have had many more balls roll in the side of the cup than come up short, but attempting to roll it past the cup I could easily miss the hole entirely because I am going against my instincts.

... I am a much better putter than my FIL but when we play he hates that I will leave a putt short as he is always past the hole, sometimes way too far past the hole. He told me "99.99% of putts that don't get to the hole won't go in. You have to roll it past the hole." To which I replied "99.99% of putts that roll past the hole don't go in either. And there is no such thing as a 4 foot come back tap in".  That said, philosophically unless you are playing tour like very smooth greens, I believe it is better to roll the ball at least a foot past the hole as it gives you the best opportunity to avoid the irregularities that a short, slow moving putt encounters. I just cannot do it.   :wacko:

Shot a pretty interesting 75 today. Lost three balls in lateral hazards, but because the course was so short (5200) was able to use length as an advantage on some holes. Playing this course again on Saturday as a Captain and Crew Scholarship tournament. May play it again on Thursday just to help plan my ideas.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Almost bailed on my playing partner today and I almost wish I had. Shot 90 today with two 3-putts, and 3 triple bogeys on the card. I was very tired after working last night and my back hasn't been right for a couple days. I had hopes of at least playing to my average after a birdie on the first hole, but that expectation quickly dissipated. Oh well. Win some lose some. Probably best for my handicap anyway. :)

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Almost bailed on my playing partner today and I almost wish I had. Shot 90 today with two 3-putts, and 3 triple bogeys on the card. I was very tired after working last night and my back hasn't been right for a couple days. I had hopes of at least playing to my average after a birdie on the first hole, but that expectation quickly dissipated. Oh well. Win some lose some. Probably best for my handicap anyway. :)

Gotta be amused when you post a score and the GHIN app ask you if you're sure lol

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Shot an 85 today. Played the last 6 holes with no driver (2 par 5). Really nice to be shooting in the 80's more than once! I guess lessons paid off

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Rustic Canyon!

Those greens are tough!

So I was basically on in regulation or most holes, but 3-putted 4 times!

35 putts, for a 77. But lots better than the 92 I got last time at that track.

Greens were like glass, and practiced on slow greens, so I was knocking it past the hole a lot

So, unhappy with putting, but tee to green was solid...

On Sunday I drove for 5 hours starting at 5am; stopped in Woodburn, Oregon and walked on as a single at the Oregon Golf Association course, a Bill Robinson design.  Being a member of the PNGA, I got the OGA rate.  My wife and I played the course for the first time on Memorial Day weekend, so I knew the course a little better this time.  There are a few quirky holes.  Didn't help much though.  I walked this time playing with two other walkers; it was sunny, warm, and a little humid for this desert kid.  I ran out of gas on the back nine, and dragged in to an 85. But at least it was a little exercise after a long car trip.

I'm traveling home tomorrow, and I just got word today that my wife finished second in a Ladies Invitational tournament this morning at our local hoighty-toighty country club.  Lost by one shot after shooting 37-51 = 88, but it was a shotgun start and she started on hole 14.  Took a few holes to get going, and then ran into more trouble on the last few holes.  Had two triples and a quad.  They played in 3-somes and the other two ladies in her group shot 106 and 116.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

A stupid hot putter today. 25 putts. And every single one was dead center with perfect speed. I was actually laughing after 6 1 putts in a row. +7.6 putting hdcp on Arccos today. 5 Birdies 3 bogeys. Now if I could just hit an iron.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Played same course as Tuesday today. Shot even par 70. 3 birdies, should have been 5 or 6. The three bogeys come from indifferent shots. Gotta stay switched on, especially early in the round. I like to grow into the round, but I can and should attack earlier than I do.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Tied my PB today with a 67 with 30 putts, a few aided by that new putting app.

... After playing really well the last 5 rounds it had to come to an end. Not a single birdie today when I have been averaging 5 a round. Just felt tight and a little off from the first swing and it was an 18 hole grind. I ended up with a 74 but it could have been at least 2 stokes higher as I chipped in twice. Couldn't find the fairway, couldn't hit the green and couldn't read quite a few very subtle breaking putts. My son had the same problem as he has been shooting in the low 80's and had an 89. But he did hit a 331 yd drive and birdied the hole. Days like today make me really appreciate the days when the game seems effortless. To quote that famous philosopher Roseanne Rosannadanna "it's always something". 

Tied my PB today with a 67 with 30 putts, a few aided by that new putting app.

Great round

Rick

Left Hand, 

Golf league match tonight,  shot 3 over with a double (water hazard) and bogey (ball was behind a tree).   Handicap on the course is a 1 so I am pretty happy with how I played.  Team is now 6-8 with 2 weeks left prior to the playoffs.  We need to win out and hope a couple teams ahead of us lose to make the playoffs. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG