Our Sponsors

Congrats on 39!! Shot quite a few low 40s but never broke the barrier yet

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks I've never broken 90 and all day was thinking this was the day, doubled the first hole, bogey on 2, then par'd it home.  As good as I played, I sit here and think there's 3 or 4 shots I'd like back. 2 shots in particular come to mind...First hole, the scope picked up a tree 20 yards behind the green, bladed a 9 iron when I should have been using a 52 wedge. I was on 9 (a par 5 in 2) and had about a 35 footer, knew I could two putt no matter what, was disappointed we werent going to continue so I could break 90, so I didnt take time or line it up, or really even "try" ended up 3 putt par, only 3 putt of the day.

• Like 4

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

Playing while changing major parts of your setup and swing is a disaster. Shot 88, which is my highest 18 hole score in over 5 years

And you still beat my 90! It was a great round with jlukes yesterday. I did a good job of eliminating blow up holes and would have made a run at my PB of 85 if I didn't use my new utility iron so much and cleaned up putting on some inconsistent greens. But coulda shoulda woulda, it was a good round and one to build on in terms of course management.

Also, the round may have cost me a few hundred, as both shots with jlukes' new M2 driver were dead center in the fairway, and father than my current driver. I need some more time with it, but it's now on the heavy ponder!

• Like 2

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Best round of my life! 39... 7 GIR, 7 Pars in a row. Wanted to finish the 18 but the front 9 took 2 hour 45 mins so we never would have got it in.   

Awesome man... congrats!  I'll never forget the time I shot 37 on the front 9... you'll remember this one for a long time.  Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

86 yesterday and I pretty much hit every fairway bunker at Lane Creek. I sucked like an electrolux vacumn cleaner coming out of them. My tee shot usually ended up close to the lip which led to my skipping the ball off the top of the bunker a few yards down the fairway. It was uglier than the back of a mule's arse. 

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

86 yesterday and I pretty much hit every fairway bunker at Lane Creek. And I sucked like an electrolux vacumn cleaner coming out of them. My tee shot usually ended up close to the lip which led to my skipping the ball off the top of the bunker a few yards down the fairway. It was uglier than the back of a mule's arse.

I had a round like that lately.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Played Evans Prairie shot 81 but wasn't pretty. Got lucky on a lot of bad shots that good bounces.

Been having problems with the Ping i20 so out that in time out and dragged out an old Ping Venture V2 @ 12'. Picked this out of the used bin years ago for something like $40.00. It's not long but dead ass straight. Had a lot of long 2nd shots but not behind any trees. Humidity didn't kick in until 15th hole so not too bad. Front 9-1 hour 45 min., back 9-2 hours 20min. Slow back!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

meh.

Some sorta ok and some not so ok. Still better overall vs last year, and even vs earlier this year, but still not where I wanna be.

Actually got off the tee a few times into playable positions (so that was good); short game was ok but not strong.

Only 3-putted once - on the final Par 3 - and that was after hitting the uphill green.... Pin was short right and I landed long left and did not leave the first downhill breaking right putt close enough.... Maybe next time!

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Still shooting well, with my third 68 this month, -2.

Every week it seems something different is being the key. This time it goes to the putter. I made 4 or 5 decent length putts for birdies or to save par.

Woods and irons were ok, but not sparkling. Although on the par 3's, 160/175 ish, I did hit pure some pure shots.

I wonder why only certain parts of the game shine one week, but then go back to normal the next.

It's awfully fun when you're on a hot streak, but as we all know, this can come to an abrupt end for no apparent reason. So I'm totally enjoying it while it lasts...

• Like 4

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Beautiful day in Northeast Ohio. The course I played is not terribly difficult (a couple years ago I almost broke 80 for the first time but three-putted the last green  :angry: ).

Driver stayed in the bag today because he has been a bad boy recently and I have not had time to get to the range and attempt to get him to correct his poor behavior.  It was a better-than-average day off the tee with the steady diet of 3w's. I was making better contact with my irons, but direction a bit iffy. Chipping let me down some, but putting remains a strength (earlier this year I tried the claw grip and it has really been working for me - I've made more 20+' putts in the last few rounds than ever).

Highlights: 2 birdies (one by sinking about a 40+' putt, one from about 10').  I had a chance for a third from about 4' but it was a very tricky putt. I gave the hole away and it stayed out. After we all holed out, I tried the putt 2 more times and still missed - at the hole and it dove left, slightly to the right and it stayed out.

Overall, I shot an 85 and avoided my typical blow-up hole or 2 (in my world, 8 or more constitutes a blow-up), with 27 putts.

• Like 3

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Still shooting well, with my third 68 this month, -2.

Every week it seems something different is being the key. This time it goes to the putter. I made 4 or 5 decent length putts for birdies or to save par.

Woods and irons were ok, but not sparkling. Although on the par 3's, 160/175 ish, I did hit pure some pure shots.

I wonder why only certain parts of the game shine one week, but then go back to normal the next.

It's awfully fun when you're on a hot streak, but as we all know, this can come to an abrupt end for no apparent reason. So I'm totally enjoying it while it lasts...

m

Sounds like a great day!!

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

played well on a course I've never played before today....39/42

Missed more-than-my-fair-share of birdie putts...kept leaving everything short.  really a bummer; could've gone lower...

all-in-all it was a good round and I'm pleased with how I played.

Was strategic by hitting 3 wood off the tee a bunch on the 340 yard par 4 doglegs and I think it helped with my score.

Really wanted to grab the big dog and rip it but happy I didn't....

• Like 3

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

So hot and mucky today not a whole lot of wind. I suffered early in the round made a few bogeys, but toward 7th and 8th I'm looking forward to a cold turkey sandwich at the turn renew my energy. Par the rest in.

After loading up I had a great round shot 40-37. Happy as a clam...baked on a hot sunny day:)

• Like 3

Changed every club in my bag to my older gear that just works and shot -2 on the front in 25mph winds. Went out and played six more holes on the back in even par. Life is good when you have some tools that work. Even better I have zero pain in my elbow thanks to the steelfibers in the irons.

• Like 4

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Played the Pete Dye designed Kearney Hills today. Chose to tough out the white tees at 6400 yards.....shot a 48/48:96.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Played the Pete Dye designed Kearney Hills today. Chose to tough out the white tees at 6400 yards.....shot a 48/48:96.

6,400 yards is our blue tees, white tees around 6,000 range. Our group switched to white tees about year ago, blues a killer for old guys. Hope u had decent weather and fun doing it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Poorly, but that's a common theme lately. My handicap has gone up .7 ever since my last lesson... I'm thinking I'm going back to what we had going previous to the last visit as I had moved my hcp down inside the 6s, and I wasn't shooting much higher than 81-82. Half of my rounds were in the 70s, 1/2 in the low 80s. There are just too many things going on in my head. I'm getting back to simple!

• Like 3

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Played the University of Kentucky Wildcat course today with my high school friend Bill. We played the Senior tees at 5000 yards. I shot a 41/39:80 and he shot a 50/48:98. Bill had not played since last August, so it was good to get him back on the course. He had neck surgery last Fall. The course was in terrific shape, with plush green fairways and fast running greens.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

And the weather was great!......Sunny and 73* this morning.

• Like 2

Shot a 78 today in B flight, 9-13 handicap, and still somehow lost by 6 shots.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hmmmmmm  could be a little sand packed in that tournament. ;)    Good round buddy!

• Like 4

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide